Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

I've been beating my 634S for 4 months now and they aren't close to those above. Damn, thick hard to fade denim!

Yeah these jeans are really super durable. I didn't see any noticable fading until about 6-8 months in. The hems have worn the most from being trampled on constantly. But amazingly the chainstitching is still intact. There are a couple of spots in the crotch just starting to fray. The back pocket too, my wallet is trying to claw its way through. Might have to consider sending them in for repairs soon.

From Giles Padmore of Iron Heart UK:

We are contemplating producing a special run of 14.5oz Indigo Selvedge Jeans in exactly the same style as our current 21oz Selvedge Jeans

Would you be interested in these and if so what size would you be after? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, I would want 24oz 634s and not 14.5 oz. Although I would like to see a pair in person. You guys can get at him over on his website:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk if you want to see these made.

You can buy a pair of the jeans made with 14.5 ounce denim that have been worn for six months on his website.

"**** One pair of TW201 (14.5oz Indigo straight leg - hard washed selvedge) - actual size 32x34. Worn about 6 months. Price shipped 50% of retail. Contact us if you are interested and would like more information/photos."

Ok,. here's the deal:

The new pair will be a collab between Hidden Rivet and IronHeart.

Collaborations with other brands, flathead amongst them, will be coming up.

Looking forward to the first one. The cut on the "original" IH was great, but i don't really like the fading on their 21oz denim..

The only problem with IronHeart UK is it seems more expensive than Selfedge? (even for UK based people)

nah..... even comparing flathead stuff from giles is comparable.. same as the ironheart.

fh for example 3001 are £142 plus postage from selfedge.

£135 from giles

plus (and this is in not way putting down kiyas service which i hear is excellent) the service from giles on fh or ih stuff is superb.. ive had jeans from him and not liked the fit and was able to return them no questions asked, he even shipped me an alternate pair the same day i shipped the pair back to him (if i was unscupuluos i could have kept both)

to me thats good service, always willing to give advice and he can pretty much source anything you want withing reason.

flat-head.co.uk and ironheart.co.uk come heavily reccomended...... being as though im in the uk (and absolutely love both ironheart and flathead denim) i cant see myself buying from anybody else in the near future, giles even carries the larger sizes in both brands that selfedge dont.

In response to the last post to clear up two of the points..

We carry every size the manufacturer produces and there are no shipping charges when ordering from us..

In response to the last post to clear up two of the points..

We carry every size the manufacturer produces and there are no shipping charges when ordering from us..

oh right, didnt realize there was no shipping.... sorry about that..

but on the sizing front ive never seen you carry flathead above a 38? do you get larger sizes to order or something?

never saw you doing the 5100xx above a 38 either.

oh right, didnt realize there was no shipping.... sorry about that..

but on the sizing front ive never seen you carry flathead above a 38? do you get larger sizes to order or something?

They don't produce the F310 or 3001 above 34.. and the F380 we've been trying to get for months but they've been out of stock.. hopefully we'll have them back in next month in sizes all the way up to 40.

what about the 5100xx

i wanted another pair in a large size but giles didnt have any.... couldnt see em on your site in a 42 either (big man sizes!) did i miss out?

We had those up to 42 but sold out and they were a limited jean made for Flat Head's 10th Anniversary.

I don't think Iron Heart should do 14.5oz but I agree with Darkeside with a possible second cut. What you are describing Dark is what I remember the TWxSE collab to be somewhat if I remeber correctly, just with 19oz. Is Giles wanting input on the next style of Iron Hearts?

Kiya, do/will the IH jeans in your store have the post-lawsuit arctuates?

EDIT: Only concerning the 634S. Last time I was in-store they did not have the arctuates, but the new 22oz black jeans do; are we going to see the arctuates on the 634S in the future?

Kiya, do/will the IH jeans in your store have the post-lawsuit arctuates?

EDIT: Only concerning the 634S. Last time I was in-store they did not have the arctuates, but the new 22oz black jeans do; are we going to see the arctuates on the 634S in the future?

All the Iron Heart jeans we have come with the post-levi's arcuates, including the 634s.