brand synergy

cheep

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Superfuture kids in the late 2000s are basically my main inspiration for how I dress. Around Sufu then +++Supreme. 19CM-MIJ. Vans. was the style of choice. Selvedge jeans with a t-shirt, most likely Supreme or AA or sometimes BDG or Billabong. They probably woulda been in Dunks but W)Taps Vans. was there too.

2. The fit has a Superfuture feel to it that I like. It was originally made for skaters but versions were available to Superfuture with a limited edition colorway. Matches the +++Supreme. 19CM-MIJ. Vans. in that getup.

3. +++Supreme. 19CM-MIJ. Vans. is pretty much all time/ all round classic like Yohji suits and t-shirts the fade_to_black2 wears, they can be worn with almost anything. They`re not in the same underground category as the other brands I like so I feel they can mix.

I wouldnt wear it with Nudies, BDG tee and UBIQs or something. I`d break out the good ol 19CM-MIJ. But then again I`d prolly rock with head to toe Supreme coz James Jebbia is known t own more than one 19CM-MIJ. Vans..

10 chars

You can make jokes about it, but there actually is something about this thought that could be interesting. It shouldn't be used as a rule though, as Milspex appears to do.

Going with this:

A mutually advantageous conjunction where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

I'd say that this:

utfitt3.jpg

cheap monday

vintage

cheap monday

raf simons

would be a good example where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

In a text only waywt his list of brands would certainly raise an eyebrow, yet it looks so good.

my 2 cnts

You can make jokes about it, but there actually is something about this thought that could be interesting. It shouldn't be used as a rule though, as Milspex appears to do.

Going with this:

I'd say that this:

would be a good example where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

In a text only waywt his list of brands would certainly raise an eyebrow, yet it looks so good.

my 2 cnts

if he provide only txt n not pix, i wouldnt evn care 2 c it. but it look vry good gothninja.

utfitt3.jpg

I was actually thinking about this the otherday and this outfit sparked the as the perfect example of my views on brand harmony,where the cheap/generic elements of this oufit merge seamlessly with the high end pieces creating essentially a high end asethetic this works here as it dosent matter what the pants are as its just an aesthetic theres no branding to throw them out of sync,

brand harmony only in my opinion comes in to play for the non anal when mixing branded goods ie nike puma adi etc then it becomes a big no no clashing logos etc, for those of us like myself,mils and few others the elents of the brands we obsess about come in to play and what each brands core values are can dictate how its mixed although im all for reappropriation of brands (this can really only happen over time)and when i mix items i like to think that the designers of each item were kind of on the same page when each item was designed.

^thats a good angle to sell more t-shirts seenmy haha

Originally when I started seriously buying clothes at around 18 I was on:

Bathing Ape + Stussy + Nike ACG + Evisu + Gregory + Levi`s + US army goretex + random outdoor brands. Not much brand harmony there but I thought it was cool coz thats what Jap kids had.

anyways for the last 8 years or so I`ve been mainly on :

Stussy + Supreme + w)taps + jordans/nikes +casio g-shock

and I`m trying to build up a;

Visvim + CDG + SOPH + Stussy + GoodEnough + Fenom + Electric Cottage + Goro`s + Nike

wardrobe now for the coming post 30 world...

yeah at the angle the picture was taken and with the jacket half over it it was kind of hard to see. but when i looked at the list of brands it was kind of surprising. still nice to see i-d feature more than high fashion and the staple classics.

i also liked the lagerfeld article, even if the writer kind of admitted how awful the cruise collection is by not actually writing about it at all.

well I don't think this is the greatest example to prove "the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts." it's brand harmony, not price harmony. I think that cheap monday and raf simons could be harmonious; who knows, it's likely Orjan was inspired by Raf at one time. It'd be a different story, however, if he was wearing skinny black jeans from the gap or something

I disagree and to be honest I doubt that Orjan has ever been inspired by Raf Simons but that's a different discussion.

Also we're getting two terms mixed up, it appears that Mil meant "brand harmony" all the time so the whole "synergy/whole greater than sum of its parts" doesn't really apply anymore. It's still interesting, but for as far as I understand it, not what was meant...

its funny... i used to be much more into it...

mid 90s, it was droors+dc/es+white tee...

then zoo+capital+silverstar+nicotine+BDU or levis and some sal 23s... never west coast skate.

2000-2005 was pendelton+white tee+whatever jeans+clarks

now, im all over the place. i dont care about labels too much... tho i feel funy wearing an evisu tee with any other jeans. and ive passed on many dope adidas pieces since i dont have the shoes to match... cant do an adidas sweat with js

I disagree and to be honest I doubt that Orjan has ever been inspired by Raf Simons but that's a different discussion.

Also we're getting two terms mixed up, it appears that Mil meant "brand harmony" all the time so the whole "synergy/whole greater than sum of its parts" doesn't really apply anymore. It's still interesting, but for as far as I understand it, not what was meant...

fair enough. I guess possible would have been a better word to use. I still think it fits better than a label like april 77 though.