brand synergy

cheep

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im ebarrassed to find out that brand synergy is going to be in urban outfitters. I guess some of it has already shown up in NY, but if or when it comes to Seattle I will cry.

Just picked up another pair of gucci jeans yesterday only because the only shop here who carries them was trying to get rid of it before it goes mainstream. i also got the wtaps bdu pant. If you visit seattle in the next month check out goods. millpeks (owner) is basically giving thier stuff away.

anyway, moral of the story. brand synergy is kinda lame..

I wear my Raf Simons shit with some of his JS work. Is that a good synthesis or just a cop out 'cuz one person is behind all of it?

Or how about...Ann D with Noten 'cuz that's part of the Antwerp Six? Nah, that'd be uggs. Real uggs. Just not the same aesthetic.

wich sweaters? lyk da wool jumpoffs he use 2 do or da weird 1z he b doin this season.

i lyk his RS trousers better than his JS 1z.

I'll post a WAYWT sometime soon, but take a look at his collection for AW 07/08...it's kinda toned down.

Also djbooduh...doesn't that kid post on like 2000 dif forums?

yea.....

his thnkin is dis: wen u got a pair of shooz n aint been worn, they "deadstock" cuz dat wat dey say on da hypebest iss watevr niketalk felme/ he sayin he awrin demz joint so dey aint no DS no mor, they bein UN-DS or VVVVVVVVVNDS

I'll post a WAYWT sometime soon, but take a look at his collection for AW 07/08...it's kinda toned down.

Also djbooduh...doesn't that kid post on like 2000 dif forums?

he got monies 4 all of em.

yea i seen da shit, he got sum FRUTEY FRUTE FRUTEEEEEEEE tops in dat joint. sum real frute shit i aint nvr wud wear cuz kidz wud call me a fagot.

but there sum norml stuff 2. 2-tone blazzer b da shit.i aint lyk dat leather shit i aint kno wat goin on wit dat. niggaz b freshin in dem 'tekno fabrik" + wool jumpoffs tho

^thats a good angle to sell more t-shirts seenmy haha

Originally when I started seriously buying clothes at around 18 I was on:

Bathing Ape + Stussy + Nike ACG + Evisu + Gregory + Levi`s + US army goretex + random outdoor brands. Not much brand harmony there but I thought it was cool coz thats what Jap kids had.

anyways for the last 8 years or so I`ve been mainly on :

Stussy + Supreme + w)taps + jordans/nikes +casio g-shock

and I`m trying to build up a;

Visvim + CDG + SOPH + Stussy + GoodEnough + Fenom + Electric Cottage + Goro`s + Nike

wardrobe now for the coming post 30 world...

i don't get the goro's thing. is it genuinely synergetic, or is it nothing more than an accessory incorporation based on the mimickry of "fashion" celebrities?

i'm being serious here. i can understand the formulas you posted, but how does goro's fit? i don't understand the story behind it...

i like purposefully mixing things up. not saying i'd go shopping at dolce and gabbana, but i clearly dont have a problem wearing mall store shit. or putting stuff like this together. paisley, military jacket, futuristic pants, and dandy-ish boots? who gives a fuck about synergy? people that are insecure about their style, i assume.