brand synergy

cheep

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if those leather shoes are of the "Rock & Roll" variety.

Remember that April77 as a brand breaths "Rock & Roll"!!!

even the zebra jeans?

what about collaborations? can oakleys be worn with BDUs if they're supreme oakleys? is a supreme baseball bat the correct accessory for my outfit of track pants and basketball shoes? can i skate while wearing a t-shirt with a skater on it without looking tacky? the inquiring mind wants to know.

The zebra jeans have "R&R" written all over them, actually Doom is wearing the wrong!

Good questions:

- Supreme x Oakley with BDU's for sure! With non collab Oakleys it won't work, I think you know why...

- Ofcourse the baseball bat won't work with the trackpants and the basketball shoes.

- If its a skateboarder doing a trick out of a coffin it's do able for sure, but you have to have the right attitude, you got to be able to defend it...

On the real tho, I used to think that milspex brand shit was bullshit, as long it looked good, but I see where he's coming from.

Alot of brands just don't mix; philosphies, lifestyles, etc. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of mixing brands that shouldn't go(I'm doing that less and less now tho). I think that there is a varying level of what should and shouldn't go together. It could be diff labels but the garments are so plain you wouldn't know, I think that works. And You can never go wrong just fucking with staples, mixing with like levi's or polo, when in doubt.

We should just ignore all brand associations and appraise every piece of garment on its own, according to its own inherent physical and aesthetic quality. To echo seenmy, brand synergy/harmony only makes sense for brands with a strong but narrow aesthetic, well defined philosphy, or heavy with branding. For brands like CdG, brand harmony just makes no sense given that their products and aesthetics span such a huge range, sometimes making even internal brand harmony impossible, let alone harmonizing with other brands. A brand's philosophical, aesthetic, social and whatever associations are really arbitrary and susceptible to shifts. To me, insisting that one brand doesn't match with another brand just doesn't make sense, it is visual/aesthetic harmony that we should be concerned with.

The zebra jeans have "R&R" written all over them, actually Doom is wearing the wrong!

Good questions:

- Supreme x Oakley with BDU's for sure! With non collab Oakleys it won't work, I think you know why...

- Ofcourse the baseball bat won't work with the trackpants and the basketball shoes.

- If its a skateboarder doing a trick out of a coffin it's do able for sure, but you have to have the right attitude, you got to be able to defend it...

they did the nu rave thing with the colored jeenzu...those purple 1z were called "neon"

panther jointz r rocker no question

I'm with whizkid on this one. Who cares what labels are on your clothes. If it looks fine visually, then go for it. Some brands may be more suited for each other, but that doesn't mean you have to adhere to some arbitrary dress code.

except when posting on superfuture

You can make jokes about it, but there actually is something about this thought that could be interesting. It shouldn't be used as a rule though, as Milspex appears to do.

Going with this:

I'd say that this:

would be a good example where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

In a text only waywt his list of brands would certainly raise an eyebrow, yet it looks so good.

my 2 cnts

i get the whole brand harmony thing and milspex looks great but thats basically just a good example of how to wear all black. doesnt have much to do with brand harmony. chris does the same shit all the time with gap, h&m, muji etcetc. id say its more about individual piece harmony: one of annie dz more period driven pieces would have looked dumb with the raf zipper motorcycle boots but any of here generic knits in black could easily substitute for that one.