Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

White socks in boots....no way José...:rolleyes:

god damn santa didnt hand me any nice socks.. so these were the last ones before bare skin ;)

god i want some visvims so bad. anyone know what they have at huf right now?

I was in Huf a week ago today. I only remember seeing Ancestor's in both Black and Sand, $265. I think they had something else though. Can't recall.

On a side note, weren't Shaker's $200? I f'up and didn't pick up a pair of Shakers back then!!!!

So, I went to NYC for the day to go on a mini shopping spree around the LES and Soho area. Here's a quick rundown of the shops I went to along with my thoughts on each one...

Nort Recon

Nothing at all that interested me, with the exception of a couple W)taps pieces. I was tempted to buy a Hellweek zip-up hood, but I've made a promise to myself to never pay full retail for clothing and shoes ever again... so I decided to pass on it. It also didn't help that the staff didn't even acknowledge that there were customers in the store... which I'm not going to get into. On to...

Atelier

My second favorite stop of the day. Half of the store is on sale, with one rack being 40% off and the other at 60% off. Lots of good shit, and the staff was extremely helpful and informative. Gave me a list of other shops to hit up throughout the day, as well as helped me get a proper fitting for a pair of Carpe Diem boots that I plan to purchase in the near future. I ended up grabbing an interesting Undercover button up shirt though that fits slim and long with some very interesting details (pic at the bottom).

Uniqlo

As stated before, lots and lots of glass and mirror. The layout is fantastic and extremely appealing; it also helps a great deal that everything is neatly stacked and presented, unlike H&M. I grabbed some plain tees for $12.50 that are pictured at the bottom of the post. I'll definitely be stopping by this store more often when I come into the city in the future since I could definitely use the basics.

Union

Eh, not a lot here for now... maybe I caught them at a bad time. They had a decent number of Neighborhood pieces, as well as some Original Fake. They pretty much only had size 9's left for Visvims, which kind of bummed me out since I wanted to pick up a pair of Ancestors... ah well.

Head Porter

Just wanted to check it out. Had a couple HP Plus accessories in the glass case.

Yohji Yamamoto

Just wanted to stop by this shop as well since Yohji is one of my favorite designers, but I didn't really expect to get anything. I'll probably end up coming back in January when the sale hits.

IF

I was directed to stop by here by one of the people over at Atelier. Lots of stuff on sale, especially pieces by Comme des Garçons and Margiela. Nothing really caught my eye, plus I was in a rush so...

Cloak

Liked the spot, too bad they're going under. Everything was 40% off, and there were still a good amount of clothing left. I ended up getting the work shirt from this past A/W collection (similar to the one minya got).

Blue in Green

Had to stop by. I talked to one of the owners(?) for a good amount of time about my PBJ's... extremely friendly and helpful. I'll most likely come by in a few months when I need another pair of jeans.

Seven

Stopped by to pick up, or at least try on, a Raf coat that I've had my eye on for a little while. It's a shame they didn't have my size, even though the website told me otherwise, because I fell in love with it even more when I saw it in person.

A.P.C.

This place was a madhouse today, as I'm sure is no surprise. I'm not sure if they had a ton of stuff left in comparison to the past couple days, since the sale has been going on for a little while. But I didn't end up getting anything unfortunately (or maybe fortunately.)

45rpm

My favorite stop of the day, by far. I absolutely loved the interior design, the atmosphere, the staff, the clothes, everything. The minute I walked in, the owner (?) or manager saw my shoes and instantly started talking to me about Visvim. The rest of the staff was extremely helpful and informative about the clothes, but not too pressy at the same time. I think I spent an hour in there talking to the manager about Japan in general. But in terms of purchases, I ended up just grabbing an overdyed long sleeved t-shirt that I can't wait to wear out. I will definitely be stopping by here every time I'm in NYC.

With the limited time (and funds) I had, I still enjoyed my short day in the city. The weather and sales were great. Although I never even went into the shop I had intended on solely going to today (Supreme), I wasn't bummed at all -- the line didn't let up from the time I got there at around 10 or so until I left at around 3. I just said fuck it and left. As for the pickups...

img1449qd4.jpg

Uniqlo crew neck t-shirts (2 whites, 1 black)

Cloak '06 A/W work shirt

45rpm overdyed white long sleeved t-shirt

Undercover long sleeved button up shirt

If you don't mind telling, how much was the Cloak work shirt with the sale?

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's around $200 on sale... or somewhere in that area anyway. Was actually considering buying it too, but decided not to. (Will post my pick ups later today.)

excellent pick ups! anyone know when 45rpm goes on sale?

I was given a flyer that says the sale begins on January 4th until the 14th of the same month. They actually already have this hood on sale, but they are not being displayed upstairs but are being stored downstairs.

If you don't mind telling, how much was the Cloak work shirt with the sale?

The shirt was on sale for $234, with its original price being at $390. It's a fair price for this piece due to its functionality. It is thick enough to be jacket, yet it can be worn as simply a shirt.

Ahlvahroe-

I'm not sure it is meant for the front, but it certainly is slim enough to fit there provided the jeans aren't very skinny. The slimness is what appealed to me. They also make a card case that looks even slimmer. It doesn't have a grommet for a chain though.

-Cloak stripped selvedge black jeans: Those are very skinny, l I wouldn't go tighter unless I wanted to look like I was wearing denim leggings and I do have chicken legs. They're great to tuck into boots though, which is why I bought them. My other pairs of black jeans are slim but not tight enough to have the right tucking effect imho.

-Engineered garment brown "denim" jacket (cut like a denim jacket but the material is more like canvas). This one looks so boring on the rack I'm probably the first guy to have bought one in the whole city. When you pair it with an EG flannel shirt and some raw jeans it then starts to works its magic. Great layering piece and the material crumples very easily, I'll probably gather it in a ball and throw it in a corner for a week and it'll look perfect.

I got my shakers at huf for like $220 sometime last year. $265 for ancestors seems like quite a markup...that sucks cuz I know Logans are probably gonna be a lot

Yeah you think that's bad. How about $288 for one pair of Polke #5s at Union LA. I had the cash to get them, but it was either that or 4 items from Supreme. I went with Supreme. Import fees suck. Hopefully the visvim.us line will be cheaper.

your shopping report was A++, lance.

i wish i could go to NY...

Thanks. I don't think my wallet could handle another trip to NYC anytime soon. But I thought you were from or near the city? You knew the proper spots for the Supreme catalogs, knew what was in Supreme, and just got the W)taps Jungle Stock pants from Recon...

Yeah you think that's bad. How about $288 for one pair of Polke #5s at Union LA. I had the cash to get them, but it was either that or 4 items from Supreme. I went with Supreme. Import fees suck. Hopefully the visvim.us line will be cheaper.

Dudes need to do their research. Leilow had them for $267.