Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

You know what, i dont really think its that. Im sure most of these people with such expensive cars have good jobs and make there own money.

What upsets me is the fact that they pay these exorbent amounts of money on silly cars when the money could be going to such better things.

So yes, werdtoyourmoms, why the fuck not give money to help developing countries? Why do you need a 300,000 dollar lambo or porsche? Fuck, take 250,000 of that and give it to social causes. Help the homeless, the poor, AIDS victims in Africa, the people displaced by Katrina, battered women shelters, etc. You've still got 50 grand left to buy something "fast". Sure you might see a couple more of them on the street then your lambo and thus your ego will be slightly deflated...BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES.

It sickens me to see how much money is spent on material items (hell, i sicken myself with how much money i spend on clothes) when people right down your street dont have money to eat tonight.

Its the me first, capatilist, consumer driven mind set that is quickly running this country into the ground. I will cheer the day in 50 years when the US is no longer the world super power.

And fuck you guys for driving cars that get less then 10 miles to the gallon. You selfish pricks.

I hope mother nature fucks you in the ass.

Chill the fuck out, man. Sure, cars with horrid gas milage and people who feel their need to flaunt their wealth like that pisses me off too, but really... did you have to take the five minutes to rant on about what other people should do with their money?

It's his dough, let him do as he wishes.

Plus, how do you know if he doesn't put some of his money towards good causes as well?

all i'm sayin is it takes more than a "good job" to be buying a lambo in your 20s (an assumption based on what seems to be the average age bracket).

And there are very very very few jobs that will enable you to buy a porsche at that age either.

that is unless you're in hock up to your eyeballs, which is just retarded.

not a value judgement, just an observation.

i love how whenever anyone says anything on a message board it is immediately crowned moot by mentioning if they really needed to spend five minutes doing it.

the only thing more disgusting than whatever carl's talking about is the amount of TIME we waste. money isn't even real.

You know what, i dont really think its that. Im sure most of these people with such expensive cars have good jobs and make there own money.

What upsets me is the fact that they pay these exorbent amounts of money on silly cars when the money could be going to such better things.

So yes, werdtoyourmoms, why the fuck not give money to help developing countries? Why do you need a 300,000 dollar lambo or porsche? Fuck, take 250,000 of that and give it to social causes. Help the homeless, the poor, AIDS victims in Africa, the people displaced by Katrina, battered women shelters, etc. You've still got 50 grand left to buy something "fast". Sure you might see a couple more of them on the street then your lambo and thus your ego will be slightly deflated...BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES.

It sickens me to see how much money is spent on material items (hell, i sicken myself with how much money i spend on clothes) when people right down your street dont have money to eat tonight.

Its the me first, capatilist, consumer driven mind set that is quickly running this country into the ground. I will cheer the day in 50 years when the US is no longer the world super power.

And fuck you guys for driving cars that get less then 10 miles to the gallon. You selfish pricks.

I hope mother nature fucks you in the ass.

um, isnt it their money? so logically... they can spend it however they please?

they dont owe you or anyone anything

After this im done...someone please post some denim to drool over

carl loses everytime, i promise that...

Oh, of course i would...every damn time. What i lack in logic i make up for in heart.

um, isnt it their money? so logically... they can spend it however they please?

they dont owe you or anyone anything

It's thinking like this thats ruining the world. Whatever happened to looking out for your fellow man?

did you have to take the five minutes to rant on about what other people should do with their money?

Plus, how do you know if he doesn't put some of his money towards good causes as well?

It took me 7 minutes. And if he does donate money then more power to him! I dont make much but i try to give a little money each year to causes i believe in, as well as volunteering.

and everyone knows that grass roots activism is so 2000...

Joke or not, what a horrible thing to say.

Im sorry minya and hap.

First of all, if it was about looking out for your fellow man, then communism should have worked? But it never does, why? Because of human nature always rule and that's greed, doesn't matter how much you have of something you always want more.

My car was 400k USD, could it have been put to better use? Probably helping people in some far off country develop this and that. Do I deserve the car? I can say definately NO I don't deserve it. Why do I think this way? It is because I'm 23, still a student (med student so don't hate I am doing my part in this world) and to you guys who think though I live this life, I have never worked a real job in my life ( I worked my ass off for my dad's company (shipping/trucking), without anyone knowing who I was for 2 summers, loading/unloading trucks, trains, containers by hand for the first summer because I was a newbie, and finally a forklift for the 2nd. Hardly a white collar job, but I've experienced from the very bottom of a company). Am I fortunate for what I have? I unlike most of my peers know I am truely fortunate to be born into the "right" family by definitions of materialism.

And to repeat I am not American, and I hope that day comes soon when US is not the super power any longer.

Now onto what this thread is about, picked this from the Block in Vancouver

1ly5.jpg

2no4.jpg

First of all, if it was about looking out for your fellow man, then communism should have worked? But it never does, why? Because of human nature always rule and that's greed, doesn't matter how much you have of something you always want more.

My car was 400k USD, could it have been put to better use? Probably helping people in some far off country develop this and that. Do I deserve the car? I can say definately NO I don't deserve it. Why do I think this way? It is because I'm 23, still a student (med student so don't hate I am doing my part in this world) and to you guys who think though I live this life, I have never worked a real job in my life ( I worked my ass off for my dad's company (shipping/trucking), without anyone knowing who I was for 2 summers, loading/unloading trucks, trains, containers by hand for the first summer because I was a newbie, and finally a forklift for the 2nd. Hardly a white collar job, but I've experienced from the very bottom of a company). Am I fortunate for what I have? I unlike most of my peers know I am truely fortunate to be born into the "right" family by definitions of materialism.

And to repeat I am not American, and I hope that day comes soon when US is not the super power any longer.

Now onto what this thread is about, picked this from the Block in Vancouver

Wait. So are you saying that your parents financed your car purchase rather than you?

Like many of you here, never pay retail :) or just simply buy used. The actual GT was purchased for 225k USD, it was used with 2100 miles on it. If anyone does a search on them in the states, you can pick one up for even less now. The thing with the GT is they were overproduced for the tiny market that could afford it, so now too many people are just too eager to get rid of it.

And no, my parents paid for 1/2 as a grad gift and getting into med, mixed in with some guilt money since they have never been around. And the rest I funded myself.

Like many of you here, never pay retail :) or just simply buy used. The actual GT was purchased for 225k USD, it was used with 2100 miles on it. If anyone does a search on them in the states, you can pick one up for even less now. The thing with the GT is they were overproduced for the tiny market that could afford it, so now too many people are just too eager to get rid of it.

And no, my parents paid for 1/2 as a grad gift and getting into med, mixed in with some guilt money since they have never been around. And the rest I funded myself.

Hmm. Still 112.5k is 112.5k bro. Sorry aaron but that's straight up WACK.

i don't know, at least for me, if my parents somehow won the lottery and matched the $112,500 i saved while working in my dad's shipping company for 2 summers, i would have spent it on something that could return a value for me, especially since you're so young. but if you're spending that much on a car, i assume you have some more stashed away. no hate, whatever people have, they've gotten, but you're young enough that if you invest wisely, you'd never have to work again, and get a nice car later in life. just my opinion though, yeah, your money...

ken diamond? any info?

looks like some tandy stamps and a summer camp leather project. interesting aesthetic.

I don't doubt it, but it has the skull print around the entire belt. Ken Diamond they told me is a local vancouver guy who works with leathers. I tried googling him or his items and it just takes me back to Block's website in Vancouver.

haha, you worked for your dad for two summers.

Let me get this straight... You made hundreds of thousands of dollars off of manual labor?! WHOOOAAAAA. I thought I was lucky to make like $1600 last summer as a college student.

this thread is an intellectual nightmare by the way.

should be getting this soon:

cafeblack.jpg

here is some thrift store junk i bought:

these were brand new, 11 bucks (changed the laces though)

military_boots.jpg

nice skinny tie for 1 dollar

skinny_tie.jpg

vintage swiss velour hat for my girlfriend, 4 dollars

swiss_velour_hat.jpg

and a vintage german military jacket of some sort, perfectly tailored. 20 bucks

german_jacket.jpg

helmut lang white jeans, great condition size 29 for 4 dollars

helmut01.jpg

and now for new stuff...

vans syndicates from nordstrom rack, 20 bucks

syndicate_jacquard.jpg