Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

haha, why does everyone (it seems like) on here have NICE ASS D-SLR cameras(including myself)??? it's fucking nuts. everyone's got the ill D70, D80, D200, 20D, whatever etc.... is anyone on here actually a "photographer"? just a curious observation is all.

haha, why does everyone (it seems like) on here have NICE ASS D-SLR cameras(including myself)??? it's fucking nuts. everyone's got the ill D70, D80, D200, 20D, whatever etc.... is anyone on here actually a "photographer"? just a curious observation is all.

i chalk it up to addiction. i'm not really a photographer per se, just a photography enthusiast. it's also kind of my business to know how cameras work and how to take relatively nice pictures because as a graphic designer, work with pro photographers is common and i think I should know what they're talking about.

of course i'd love to become a good photographer - i just don't expect it to happen.

thats my story anyway. dont want to derail the thread.

thanks for the compliments, to the above. i never thought i would be compared to arlovski. he's so fuckin scary.

the sunglasses were some $85. a real good deal for me because i never have luck at all with sunglasses.

i chalk it up to addiction. i'm not really a photographer per se, just a photography enthusiast. it's also kind of my business to know how cameras work and how to take relatively nice pictures because as a graphic designer, work with pro photographers is common and i think I should know what they're talking about.

of course i'd love to become a good photographer - i just don't expect it to happen.

thats my story anyway. dont want to derail the thread.

thanks for the compliments, to the above. i never thought i would be compared to arlovski. he's so fuckin scary.

the sunglasses were some $85. a real good deal for me because i never have luck at all with sunglasses.

haha. you actually do look like arlovski. hes a fucking monster.

anyways, its funny you should mention dslr. ive actually been thinking about buying one, and i was looking at the d50 (because of budget restraints).

i was wondering if i should buy it with the kit lens, or if i should get the body and get a seperate lens. any suggestions? all i need is a good all around lens.

yeah, i'm actually a freelance photographer.

picked up a pair of dior 21cm jeans.

haha. you actually do look like arlovski. hes a fucking monster.

anyways, its funny you should mention dslr. ive actually been thinking about buying one, and i was looking at the d50 (because of budget restraints).

i was wondering if i should buy it with the kit lens, or if i should get the body and get a seperate lens. any suggestions? all i need is a good all around lens.

the d50 kit lens (18-55mm 3.5-5.6) is a really nice lens. It's one of the best low-cost lenses around. maybe the best.

unless you're going to buy the 18-200mm VR lens, don't bother getting a seperate one. just get the kit.

if you want a more reputable opinion, check out ken rockwell's review here:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/1855.htm