Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

achilles lows are so simple and clean, they can exist outside of fashion. why wouldnt ppl be buying them for a long time to come?

if theyre still around, i could see myself wearing them when im 35+.

That defense works up only up to a point, but for CP's the spot has been overblown for some time now. go to any major NYC subway station and you can spot at least 3 pair. without the exclusivisity its hard to justify a 300+ price tag for some basic sneakers, regardless of how well made they are.

I didn't see a single person sporting them in paris or milan.

That defense works up only up to a point, but for CP's the spot has been overblown for some time now. go to any major NYC subway station and you can spot at least 3 pair. without the exclusivisity its hard to justify a 300+ price tag for some basic sneakers, regardless of how well made they are.

they sell them at theory outlets...nough said.

oh snap since it's 09, i can see them in other peoples feet in nyc and no one in paris or milan is sporting them, i guess i will stop wearing and buying what i consider to be the best looking sneakers with the best shape there is around for whatever price tag you consider.

thanks, i don't know what would be of me without the snob patrol.

oh snap since it's 09, i can see them in other peoples feet in nyc and no one in paris or milan is sporting them, i guess i will stop wearing and buying what i consider to be the best looking sneakers with the best shape there is around for whatever price tag you consider.

thanks, i don't know what would be of me without the snob patrol.

best shape? u are retarded. everyone uses that sole and silhouette now. My point simply is that people concerned with fashion should be a bit more discriminating. Get some Yohji's or something with a little more flava. The luxurious minimalism of CP's is no longer refreshing after they diversified their line. With their new array of styles they introduced towards the end of 08 they have yet to come up with a new design that was as on point as the classic achilles was once upon a time.

And the point about NYC is not about european superiority--its just that they are too often seen on the feet of the wrong kind of person.

Get some Yohji's or something with a little more flava.

thats the problem with flava. it gets real old real quick.

there are some parts of my wardrobe that i'd like to think are constant regardless of changing tastes and customs, akin to my own personal style.

i think cp's (esp. the white achilles low) have a look about them that lends itself to permanence. kind of like a modern day spring court? minus the history of course

im just waiting for the mainstream to jump off the bandwagon, which i dont think will be long.

best shape? u are retarded. everyone uses that sole and silhouette now. My point simply is that people concerned with fashion should be a bit more discriminating. Get some Yohji's or something with a little more flava. The luxurious minimalism of CP's is no longer refreshing after they diversified their line. With their new array of styles they introduced towards the end of 08 they have yet to come up with a new design that was as on point as the classic achilles was once upon a time.

And the point about NYC is not about european superiority--its just that they are too often seen on the feet of the wrong kind of person.

retarded? you sir, are a fucking tool.

although the soles are the same, the top construction proportions are quite different and affects the overall shape of the sneakers.

yohji's toebox is a bit "shorter" than the acchiles because the laces are closer to the toe , so are neil barret's and lanvin's lowtops because they have a shorter toebox than , for example, cp court shoes, which imo makes the shoes look slightly more bulky and less pleasing to the eyes. i also have a pair of yohji's and although i like them a lot, i prefer the acchiles, court shoe lows and bball lows shape.

i don't care how many shitty oxfords or boots they made, the fact is that the rest of the line is still great.

if you feel diminished and start disliking something you once liked because "the wrong kind of person" is wearing it now, specially in something so unbranded as a pair of cp's that can't have any bad connotations associated with it like some brand whose pieces have easily recognizable logos, you are a snobbish insecure person. a bad demographic can ruin let's say,a brand like evisu, but they can't ruin a brand like CP.

but hey, go ahead and buy those yohjis or whatever with a bit "more flava" (more like "different and cooler brand name so i don't feel like one of those low lifes on the subway") because you will feel way cooler. at the end of the day you're just coming out with excuses to not look like a snob

you both have your points.

malaesthetique is right about CPs being completely overpriced for basic sneakers. but that doesnt mean ppl should stop wearing them if they find them for less than retail (less than 200)

egpt is right about malaesthetique being a snobby prick. although thats not really looked down upon here on sufu.

retarded? you sir, are a fucking tool.

although the soles are the same, the top construction proportions are quite different and affects the overall shape of the sneakers.

yohji's toebox is a bit "shorter" than the acchiles because the laces are closer to the toe , so are neil barret's and lanvin's lowtops because they have a shorter toebox than , for example, cp court shoes, which imo makes the shoes look slightly more bulky and less pleasing to the eyes. i also have a pair of yohji's and although i like them a lot, i prefer the acchiles, court shoe lows and bball lows shape.

i don't care how many shitty oxfords or boots they made, the fact is that the rest of the line is still great.

if you feel diminished and start disliking something you once liked because "the wrong kind of person" is wearing it now, specially in something so unbranded as a pair of cp's that can't have any bad connotations associated with it like some brand whose pieces have easily recognizable logos, you are a snobbish insecure person. a bad demographic can ruin let's say,a brand like evisu, but they can't ruin a brand like CP.

but hey, go ahead and buy those yohjis or whatever with a bit "more flava" (more like "different and cooler brand name so i don't feel like one of those low lifes on the subway") because you will feel way cooler. at the end of the day you're just coming out with excuses to not look like a snob

was that u on the L with the supergay cardigan and silver cps?

MODS: sorry wrong thread, move 2 missed connexions plz

Yes, for years!

HOW LOW CAN A PUNK GET?

That's fuckin' awesome. I love the hardcore band Bad Brains aswell and have also been listenin' to them for years. We have something in common there, tumcualiffe!

BIG TAKEOVER of supertalk by the Bad Brainiacs.

Haven't posted in here in a while so I thought I'd combine my X-Mas and recent purchases. The last few months have been very good to me :)

oumj5h.jpg

black Linen Robert Geller blazer (runs big - I am normally a 46 and bought 44)

black Linen Robert Geller vest

grey Nice Collective sweater

grey Nice Collective tank

grey Nice Collective distressed tee

grey Kenzo Minami 'The End' tee

Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08

axcweh.jpg

black PVC-Coated Acne shoes

black John Varvatos combat boots (ridiculously underrated)

Not pictured:

black Number (n)ine skinny jeans

blectric Blue Robert Geller jeans

That's fuckin' awesome. I love the hardcore band Bad Brains aswell and have also been listenin' to them for years. We have something in common there, tumcualiffe!

BIG TAKEOVER of supertalk by the Bad Brainiacs.

i guess one good thing about the bad brains/vans/supreme pieces is that its getting a grip of new poseurs into hardcore if at all slightly.