Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

yo, people who post albums that they are buying are really looking for approval from the older members here, or really anyone at all. It's like asking for +rep based on the fact that you've caught up with the rest of the crowd.

If they're vinyl, even more so... nothing more annoying than someone who actually intentionally LETS people know he collects vinyl. That's some pretentious hipset shit.

yo, people who post albums that they are buying are really looking for approval from the older members here, or really anyone at all. It's like asking for +rep based on the fact that you've caught up with the rest of the crowd.

If they're vinyl, even more so... nothing more annoying than someone who actually intentionally LETS people know he collects vinyl. That's some pretentious hipset shit.

word, my young prodigy.

at the very least try to impress me. post some impossible to get shit or something signed by the artist. make sure to provide proof of ownership as well.

i have a vinyl collection consisting of one thousand copies of herb alberts tijuana brass whipped cream and other delights

what? did that dumbass with the chickenhawk-haircut, johnnyred or some shit die and leave you his estate??

Also, I am trying to catch up. I'm only seventeen, so I have alot of work to do in the music area. You guys got a head start.

duh okay...

let me guess, you just discovered that j. osterberg loved peanut butter and that the stooges didn't have just one album, right? next thing we know, you're gonna start posting jpegs of destroy all monsters 7"s.

word, my young prodigy.

at the very least try to impress me. post some impossible to get shit or something signed by the artist. make sure to provide proof of ownership as well.

Yo, over break I was goin through my parent's old vinyl's and I found 20 Jazz Funk Greats sealed. Didn't know if I should open it or if it was really all that old, so I put it back in the box.

duh okay...

let me guess, you just discovered that j. osterberg loved peanut butter and that the stooges didn't have just one album, right? next thing we know, you're gonna start posting jpegs of destroy all monsters 7"s.

I am 19, I've know about the Stooges since I was at least 12. This kid is a huge noob as far as I can tell. What's he been listening to thus far? Tokio Hotel?

your parents listened to the t-gristle??? WOW.

yeah my dad far and away more likely than my Mom. He used to meditate to Laurie Anderson and pour over books on Tibor, so makes more sense than my mom.

Could've been my dad's twin sisters actually, now that I think of it. She's really into Kraftwerk and early EBM since she was living in Europe when that shit was everywhere (she still lives there, but is old now)

I agree it doesn't belong in this thread but the same shit goes on in the what are you listening to/ watching right now threads... a lot of posts could be conceived as solely an attempt to get noticed/ gain rep

i'm sure that is the agenda for some, admit it or not, but for my purposes it has helped me to meet other members with similar musical tastes who've i've actually traded music with. a couple of members whose musical tastes i like/trust have actually turned me on to some good shit. so yes, in the appropriate threads music/film contributions are welcomed.

yeah my dad far and away more likely than my Mom. He used to meditate to Gil Scott-Heron's Superman and pour over books on Tibor, so makes more sense than my mom.

Could've been my dad's twin sisters actually, now that I think of it. She's really into Kraftwerk and early EBM since she was living in Europe when that shit was everywhere (she still lives there, but is old now)

your family sound cooler than mine. my dad likes some decent jazz (but who's dad doesn't?). only shit my moms listens 2 besides dead or ancient japs is young teenage jap boybands.