thanks to self edge for the recommendation and the help at the store yesterday..

Strike Gold Slims Size 30

washed and dried before wearing

mr7hwy.jpg

If you hemmed or cuffed these, they would be a perfect fit. Awesome +1

Quick sizing question. If I wear a size 29 in Skull 5010 comfortably, should a get a pair of 28 or 29 in slims? I'm only asking this because the 5010 are saforized while the Slims aren't. Many thanks!

You'd be a size 29 in Strike Gold jeans as well, they run a hair over tagged size and shrink to the tagged size after a soak.

Just ordered a pair of 1105, excited!!! Fit pics pre and post wash coming soon!

What's happening to this thread?? Where are all the evo pics at? Mine just hit two months. I'll post a few pics as soon as I get the chance.

i was hoping to have some great evo pics by now!

but my sg's have been at self edge for over 3 weeks now being hemmed :(

I just checked with the store, my guys have called you to get your address but you haven't returned their voicemail they left you.

I had them look you up in our system and they just mailed them out to the address on file for your last order.

wow, thanks Kiya. I never got their call or voicemail, which is probly my bad cause I'm using an old ass phone and it doesn't work that well. I appreciate you looking into that and taking care of it.

im coming up to three months in ten days, my jeans are filthy so they are probably going to get a soak at three and then ill post evo picks

Bout to go picture happy right here. Just hit 2 months a few days ago. SG1105. No soaks/washes other than pre-soak.

4917925017_1c8af5f234.jpg

4917926013_f38a0a3f2a.jpg

4918527106_c68ebf1d32.jpg

4917926307_07ff28120c.jpg

4917926129_83346340cb.jpg

Not much, but it's getting there I suppose.

After conversing with Kiya for a little bit, I went into SESF and tried these beauties on. Superhelpful and chill people. Those things aside, I was concerned about the roughness of the denim. Has anybody run into problem with it (i.e. roughing up your skin), or does the denim soften up with an initial soak and/or over time? Cheers.

I've been wearing mine for five days and already the back pocket area has softened up from sitting on them.

I'm amazed at this denim, after soaking it the denim becomes even more uneven in places and you can see the deep indigo hue instantly. It's very close to a denim type that Samurai used to produce four or five years ago. It was a super loose weave denim, very abrasive at first but softened up within a week.

really? I love the denim on my 66-2 which is like the denim they used on their old 510s. and the 66-2 are from Lot.7 so theat would fit.

maybe I have to look closer into the Strike Gold

really? I love the denim on my 66-2 which is like the denim they used on their old 510s. and the 66-2 are from Lot.7 so theat would fit.

maybe I have to look closer into the Strike Gold

without a doubt worth a closer look, the denim is beautiful. Mine are stiff as a board from sweat but in a week or so ill get around to giving them a soak and they will be like butter

without a doubt worth a closer look, the denim is beautiful. Mine are stiff as a board from sweat but in a week or so ill get around to giving them a soak and they will be like butter

first time poster here.

after practicing on a pair of nudies and lvcs for two years, i decided to get the sg1105 as my first japanese denim.

(btw, SE in LA is proof that God exists :D)

to commemorate the plunge, below are some obligatory pics.

post-soak, free-stand

zraujr

close-up - needless to say, the denim on these are amazing.

r2mzga

I'm curious about the aging of the rivets, since they have the iron/copper combo. Anyone with a pair noticed any interesting evo?

I'm curious about the aging of the rivets, since they have the iron/copper combo. Anyone with a pair noticed any interesting evo?

Here ya go, three months+ a bit, one primary soak

5002925722_078c8be788.jpg

5002317805_dda6f2c698.jpg

Thanks, dude; they're starting to show some interesting character. I'll be looking forward to more updates on your pair over the next several months.

Thanks, dude; they're starting to show some interesting character. I'll be looking forward to more updates on your pair over the next several months.

Are The Strike Gold belts sold at SE the same as the ones on the Japanese market?

i know there are some other cuts sg1107 (i think) is only available in japan, but otherwise the same. Earlier in the thread kiya mentioned something along those lines when i asked about a model that he didnt have...super heavyweight strike golds coming soon

heavyweights coming to Self Edge?!?! and any idea what the cut is??

kiya, any idea if something like this will show up state side?

http://en.item.rakuten.com/star-foot/sg1107ex/

Yup, that's actually a pre-order, all stores (including Self Edge) are getting those in August, it's made of 24oz indigo unsanforized denim with a gold selvedge id.

hopefully coming soon...i probably wont be able to afford them

i know there are some other cuts sg1107 (i think) is only available in japan, but otherwise the same. Earlier in the thread kiya mentioned something along those lines when i asked about a model that he didnt have...super heavyweight strike golds coming soon

The SG1107 won't be of much interest to most people here, it's a bootcut jean.

heavyweights coming to Self Edge?!?! and any idea what the cut is??

They're doing a 24oz unsanforized jean, construction and details are very impressive, should be out in mid-November.

They're doing a 24oz unsanforized jean, construction and details are very impressive, should be out in mid-November.

24 is suicide in socal..but i want some super heavy denim, so it's gonna be between these and beatle busters!

24 oz? consider me interested :)

vjiforlife, no hemming necessary imo, looks great cuffed