WAYWT shit talking thread

cheep

Guest jmatsu

you can spread whatever misinformation about my identity you want. do your worst.

don't see what you're trying to accomplish...you trying to stop me from hating? ha

Guest jmatsu
haha, old chubby checker there. what a motherfucker.

yeah...you're such a heavy-hitter. you really got that nigga/ "me" with this holy hate!

220px-WIKI_CHUBBY_CHECKER_1.jpg

i disagree. fashion can be arbitrary, but the industry has cohesion. this board's overall collective has a certain cohesion. that is what makes this forum's community. not saying that everyone has the same aesthetic, but i'm sure that most here have respect for shit that is real or done properly (no matter what aesthetic). it is usually those with inferior sensibilities, impoverished wardrobes, and a general lack of fashion knowledge who say throwaway-evasion sentiments such as your last one. MOST contributing/respected members of this board HATE shit that is of no significance too that of this forum. namely that of your (your bitch included) ridiculous posts, shitty clothes, and doodoo attitude..

nigga why you trying to sound smart? fashion can at times be arbitrary, but that is such a blanket statement. coming from the likes of you, i imagine that you just learned the word, then decided to practice it in a sentence here.

this is better: that bitch, daniway's vagina is arbitrary.

Retards that say fashion is arbitrary are the same fuckers that will say art is only subjective (it's all about taste) to justify their appreciation of dogs playing poker paintings over Yves Klein. I kinda missed the Daniway recent events and have no strong opinion about her (might I suggest keeping your privates private though) but please shuttup about what you don't know. So, +1 I guess...

and morals are relative...

Well art is partly relative in that sense (just like morals) but within the confines of your own culture and it's not like you can easily stand outside of it for something as visceral as aesthetic appreciation. Especially considering some art movements are rather global...

Well art is partly relative in that sense (just like morals) but within the confines of your own culture and it's not like you can easily stand outside of it for something as visceral as aesthetic appreciation..

I believe fashion, to some extent, falls under the same relative context in terms of cultural influence. As evidenced by the success of atrocious brands such as ed hardy.

Retards that say fashion is arbitrary are the same fuckers that will say art is only subjective (it's all about taste) to justify their appreciation of dogs playing poker paintings over Yves Klein. I kinda missed the Daniway recent events and have no strong opinion about her (might I suggest keeping your privates private though) but please shuttup about what you don't know. So, +1 I guess...

this is bullshit. of course art, fashion etc is subjective. 'taste' is entirely subjective. no item has some intrinsic, 'objective' value, it is all attributed.

in modern art, perhaps, but i disagree to a certain extent when talking about previous art movements such as classic, gothic, renaissance, rococo, etc. as they all have defined characteristics which differentiate them from each other.

each work of art has it's own intrinsic value, whereas the interpretation by the viewer is subjective. i really like the impressionist movement because i understand the use of color to display an emotional setting, whereas someone else might think it's just a shitty watercolor.

if everything is subjective then what is the basis of comparison for beauty?

in modern art, perhaps, but i disagree to a certain extent when talking about previous art movements such as classic, gothic, renaissance, rococo, etc. as they all have defined characteristics which differentiate them from each other.

each work of art has it's own intrinsic value, whereas the interpretation by the viewer is subjective. i really like the impressionist movement because i understand the use of color to display an emotional setting, whereas someone else might think it's just a shitty watercolor.

if everything is subjective then what is the basis of comparison for beauty?

there is no objective basis. it is socially/culturally attributed and defined. we can only view and interpret something subjectively - mediated by and through culture. like you said you can understand the use of colour as your knowledge/taste is more sophisticated than someone who doesn't understand what the artist is doing.

'arbitrary' was jeffyvain's word of the day, a few days ago. You guys are investing a bit much thought into the 'fashion is abitrary' thing, words of the boy who wears a white tee shirt and asics tigers.

I've actually warmed up to thedaniway by a couple degrees, if only because she's beginning to ease up on the e-persona a tad. I don't know if there's much that can save her though, her boyfriend seems to be a lost cause, so it's a bit of a shame, really.

Guest jeffvyain
'arbitrary' was jeffyvain's word of the day, a few days ago. You guys are investing a bit much thought into the 'fashion is abitrary' thing, words of the boy who wears a white tee shirt and asics tigers.

mmk...so i said arbitrary...twice, the other day. one of the times was after someone said that i made no sense. dismalfuture-is-a-cocksucker is my word of the day today though.

dismalfuture-is-a-cocksucker. there, i said it twice now, so it's officially the word of the day.

oh, and by the way, I don't think my asics are even remotely great shoes. they're about 2 or 3 years old and I wear them to work.