Most disappointing trip

coinlockerbaby

Atleast in LA one day you'll be broke as fuck on a corner trying to get $20 together between four people, next day you'll be in pacific palisades partying in some girls pool house full of blonds.

Quoted for truth. There's something about how all the 'burbs (rich & poor) are so closely together that allow people of all walks of life to party it up.

This movie should pretty much be the bible for L.A. scenester nightlife...

theboysandgirlsguidetogettingdown.jpg

i agree with london... shitty weather, shitty food, mad expensive. plus, it was the last 4 days of a month trip around europe and the amazing cities that i saw and being tired as hell may have ruined it

also, i went on a cruise in the carribean that was fuckin horrible.

singapore. i went there for a week during a month-and-a-half long trip to indonesia.

singlish, awfully dressed people--even worse the further you get from shopping districts, insanely hot and humid weather (worse, in my opinion, than jakarta), tough laws, and the feeling that people were generally more disciplined, reserved, and... boring... than the people in jakarta. sentosa island was crap, and orchard road did not impress me.

singapore. i went there for a week during a month-and-a-half long trip to indonesia.

singlish, awfully dressed people--even worse the further you get from shopping districts, insanely hot and humid weather (worse, in my opinion, than jakarta), tough laws, and the feeling that people were generally more disciplined, reserved, and... boring... than the people in jakarta. sentosa island was crap, and orchard road did not impress me.

I heard Singaporian girls are freaks in bed because their country is so reserved/conservative. Can anybody confirm this?

I heard Singaporian girls are freaks in bed because their country is so reserved/conservative. Can anybody confirm this?

soepom said she likes oral and straight up sex...

I went to Newcastle(UK). And it sucked BIGTIME. We went to the best Chinese restaurant there and the food was über-shit too.

i went and saw Shy FX and Andy C there, and it was fucking amazing. you must have to be there the right night.

manhattan wasn't as cool as i had imagined it to be

i used to think it was a totally superfuturistic metropolis

i.e. every part of the city is like times square....

michigan sucks no doubt. unless you're outdoorsy - then there's a bunch of shit to do.

worse part of a trip was spending a whole day to go to the perfume pagoda in hanoi, vietnam. you get on a bus for a long ass time, then sit on a row boat for an hour, then hike up a mountain to see a cave that isn't even a pagoda. then you climb down, row back, and sit on a bus again. what a waste of time.

jamaica fucking blew.

I guess i just really don't like places where you're so damn secluded from the country you're visiting. The tourists all stay in resorts, you step outside of the resort and get hassled by 20 people waiting there. You walk around the city you get hassled by people selling shit. You stay on the resort? you're more or less in the US with better scenery.

The grand caymans was an amazing carribean trip. Worlds better than Jamaica for visiting.

michigan sucks no doubt. unless you're outdoorsy - then there's a bunch of shit to do.

worse part of a trip was spending a whole day to go to the perfume pagoda in hanoi, vietnam. you get on a bus for a long ass time, then sit on a row boat for an hour, then hike up a mountain to see a cave that isn't even a pagoda. then you climb down, row back, and sit on a bus again. what a waste of time.

So why is it called perfume pagoda?

Seoul was a big let down too

HAHA. Seoul seems to dissapoint most western travelers asides foreign born Koreans. You gotta know how to speak the language to have fun here. Seriously.

Asides from booking at night clubs, business clubs and massage parlours, its nothing special.

ah ha - thought as much - the waihine and I decided to skip that one ... just wandered around the lake and drank beer

worst trip? definitely the night i had a bucketfull of mushies, and sat outside in the freezing cold, starving after being told to fast for the day, waiting for four hours with only mild visual palpitations to merely end up projectile vomiting, with a pounding headache and no opportunity to play the bongos.

australians prefer to go and live&work in britain and canada because they are far more similar culturally than america. canada is basically the same as australia, except more similar to america, whereas australia is influenced more by britain. they are still 'exotic' enough in that there are unique aspects to every culture, and our education, etc seems to translate more equally there than in america.

manhattan wasn't as cool as i had imagined it to be

i used to think it was a totally superfuturistic metropolis

i.e. every part of the city is like times square....

Funny you say this. Times Square is viewed as the lamest neighborhood in the the city. New Yorkers avoid it at all costs. It's impossible to understand how cool NYC is until you get to know it. Generally speaking, I think that visitors are turned off by the grittiness that exudes from the streets. Also, the things people do when they visit cannot compare to living here. I am always hesitant to recommend that people visit New York unless I think they'll "get it".

Oh yeah and Kyoto was my most disappointing trip (only 3 days though), followed by the Big Island. Neither were that disappointing though.

Funny you say this. Times Square is viewed as the lamest neighborhood in the the city. New Yorkers avoid it at all costs. It's impossible to understand how cool NYC is until you get to know it. Generally speaking, I think that visitors are turned off by the grittiness that exudes from the streets. Also, the things people do when they visit cannot compare to living here. I am always hesitant to recommend that people visit New York unless I think they'll "get it".

Oh yeah and Kyoto was my most disappointing trip (only 3 days though), followed by the Big Island. Neither were that disappointing though.

Agree. NYC is such an awesome city when you look at everything but central Time Square. But its definitely a city that you have to invest in and make an effort to experience.

1-Key West

Easily the worst one. Not that I had high expectations -- I was coerced into going -- but literally, I have never seen a more tacky, touristy place in my life. And the weather was just nasty, when I walked into the house I felt as though I was covered in hot salt from walking around outside.

And about Manhattan; I surely didn't expect for it all to be like Times Square, like someone has mentioned, and I'm very glad it wasn't. I walked through Times Square to get somewhere and didn't enjoy it at all. Worst part of Manhattan; but then I generally hate touristy areas.

I guess I need to rephrase it.

I was like 13 when I first saw the city. Back then, I was totally disappointed because I didn't know what the city had to offer. I used to live in jersey and always went to the city with my parents. I didn't get to see any of the trendy and I was unable to appreciate the culture there.

Also, I had lived in the central part of Tokyo until I moved to NJ. I was used to seeing the blade runner-esque / superfuturistic scenery of tokyo. I was obviously disappointed becacuse I had imaged that new york was going to be 20x more advanced than tokyo...

I am a big fan of NYC and I go back 3-4 times a year for shopping, partying, and hanging out with college and high school friends...

I think hanoi is kinda of boring. Actually it's really boring. Really nothing you can't see/experience in like 3 days. I stayed there for 2 weeks.

I thought Norway was a complete bust. It was so fucking expensive, it kind of overshadowed anything we did. Outside from driving from Oslo to Bergen and just seeing the Fjords, Norway kind of sucked.

I though KL kind of sucked too. It was pretty devoid of fun from my experience.

If there was one country in SEA i would give another shot, it's singapore. Didn't spend enough time there and kind of wished I had.