Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

thanks guys. but still a long way to go. :D

beatle, yeah from my experience, these jeans started to show signs of pretty early. but then it kind of stabilized and are fading slowly but steadily since about the 1-month mark. interesting to hear other peep's experience.

Do they ship overseas? To Europe perhaps?

i can't even find one in the states yet. :(

I don't have a whole lot of experience with fading raw jeans but it seems to me like there are two levels of die on these. The first darker level fades really quickly and the second seems to hold steady as Chicken said. It's almost as if you can wipe away the darker top coat with a rough hand and then see the true color of the hard die underneath.

Am I making any sense?

I looked into getting green SUFU tabs sourced for people to add to their jeans. For $100 we can get 1,000 green tabs with white SUFU on them. I am about to be leaving the country but if anyone is interested in organizing it I could help them out.

i haven't had a straight leg fitting jeans in a while, previous to this i had eternal 811 which were much slimmer. However, for me it seems that with time and as the jeans conform, they also slim down. Looking at some pictures however it doesn't seem like its the case for everyone. I might just be out of my mind, but yeah.

I'm still waiting for some sort of quirk in the denim that will make me definetly fall in love with these. but so far the fit and comfort are working just fine.

no updates, a month is way too early to show anything of importance.

I hope it's not to late to get in on this. I got these a little over a month ago, took the pictures, and have subesquetly been too goddamn busy to post them.

I timed the delivery of the pants with a front page story I had in this newspaper, just to keep very accurate track of when I started wearing them.

6o2ub6c.jpg

6siadtd.jpg

presoak

6x8hvmh.jpg

Tagged a 33", hemmed an inch, mostly to take the swatches of fabric they took off and see how they shrunk, to get a general idea of what to expect.

the first two soaks were very dramatic. the first was in a full-size bathtub. it was supposed to be a four hour soak, using bricks to hold the pants down. I had stolen the bricks from a local construction site months prior for the express purpose of using them in the soak.

They only got about an hour, however, as the bathtub was borrowed, and the friend I was borrowing it from had roomates who needed to take a shower and were confused and a little angry that I was pouring boiling water into an already full bathtub with bricks and pants in them, delaying their shower.

I then had to (had to) wear them to a party, still soaked, and in the middle of November. The party (kegger) was outside.

I was dead drunk when I got back, but I knew I needed to soak them more. I folded them up in my sink, turned on the very hot water, and held them down with a Hardees coffee mug.

6jalh6x.jpg

I think I passed out for about ten hours, so they got a good soak in. They were a little tight at first, but now fit like a dream. The first month has been good to them, but I don't think I'll update until later.

#149 updating with 1-month pics. Hemmed 2 inches.

Not too much fading, but last Thursday some fucking kid tried to steal my ipod while I was on the bus. He slapped it outta my hand and it skidded near the door. Without thinking, I jumped up and grabbed the fucker as he picked it up and was trying to leave. We ended up flying out of the front door (seriously) and hit the concrete hard, with me on top restraining him. The driver broke us up and I got the ipod back (still working too), but I got some scrapes on my left leg. Still can't believe that shit happened, but whatever.

What the concrete did:

2104537185_8ef0484b14.jpg

2105331834_6a4ecc222c.jpg

other pics:

2105306286_8924752414.jpg

2104524077_451ef90f4d.jpg