Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

These do lose their indigo fast. I think I have already worn these just to about where I want them to be. Now I just have to wait a year to be crowned king. Here are my final pics of my winning jeans.

eternalpg6.jpg

odd how yurs have a red tab?

Yeah, I added the red tab to them. I really can't believe they faded so well so fast.

Its funny that I can't see the hanky. It must have faded away into nothingness after the second day of wear.

Nah, the hanky is kept away to be preserved so I can sell it to the contestants that didn't get one.

Wow, these things fade pretty fast. Just over a week into it and I already have a defined wallet fade and some fading on the back pockets.

agreed. starting to get a wallet fade after a weekend of solid wear in green bay. i cant even get the start of a wallet fade on my okis or sorahikos after a couple months wear...

Well, here are some pics from yesterday, the jeans are still pretty damn after drying overnight so I'll take post-soak pics later today...

6u8hk7a.jpg

6xrqjp3.jpg

Pre-soak

71nosyg.jpg

into the water

6uid8ch.jpg

After an hour in hot water

82e6us6.jpg

Into the dryer (yes, they're inside out)

6tp0hhj.jpg

And after 5 minutes in the dryer, they dyed my white dryer blue, so I pulled them out for hang dry.

6llo4er.jpg

I'm still not sure if I am participating or not. I just bought these from BiG a week ago, so I'm not sure if I'm still eligible because I didn't pre-order them or something. Plus on the inside of the pocket by the number it says "Contestant No". Still waiting on Cheep to PM me back, I sent him a PM when I ordered the jeans and never heard back, and then I sent another yesterday when I got the jeans, still no response....

wow, i know it's been said before, but this denim is really good. so it the cut.

hey, here's a tip that i someone should have mentioned earlier. to preserve the patch, after soaking just put some oil on it. it will keep it from drying and falling apart. best to do it while it's still wet. you can use neatsfoot oil, mink oil, or something else. if you don't have anything, you can put some olive oil on it. i wouldn't put any crisco on it though.

hey, who's down for an unofficial salaryman contest?

45 minute warm/warm cycle. Shrank from 42x34 down to 38.5x32. I'm quite pleased with the fit. They're the skinniest jeans I own, but also the most comfortable right off the bat.

Raw

Rise: 12.25

Back Rise: 16

Inseam: 34.5

Waist: 21x2

Hem: 9

One Wash

Rise: 11.5

Back Rise: 15.5

Inseam: 32

Waist: 19.25x2

Hem: 8.5

woot someone went with the 38 other than me!!!

mine are still a touch big on the thigh and waist.. lower leg is perfect.. i'll hot wash in a month then do a crotch and front pocket repair.

I'm not sure if I'm still eligible because I didn't pre-order them or something. Plus on the inside of the pocket by the number it says "Contestant No". Still waiting on Cheep to PM me back, I sent him a PM when I ordered the jeans and never heard back, and then I sent another yesterday when I got the jeans, still no response....

"Contestant No" means Contestant number ;)

Just to make it superofficial. Here's my soak pic with a newspaper. I also have pre-soak fit pics and package pics but I'm sure everyone's seen that a dozen times by now.

newspaperresized.jpg

I still want to soak/dry it a second time so I don't have post-soak fit pics yet.