Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Guest Arcarsenal

I hot soaked my jeans for about 2 hours last night, changing the water halfway through, just to see if I could get any more shrinking out. My left leg twist got so much cooler after the soak, the selvage line is twisted to the front of the jean now. This obviously means I got a little more shrinkage and now the legs are seriously perfect. My advice to anyone who's thinking about soaking again: do it.

edit: yeah, I got that e-mail from BiG, now I need to make my dull college life seem cool enough to get featured... Is there any easy way to get Lightning Magazine here in the states? I tried looking on Amazon and stuff but no luck.

I hot soaked my jeans for about 2 hours last night, changing the water halfway through, just to see if I could get any more shrinking out. My left leg twist got so much cooler after the soak, the selvage line is twisted to the front of the jean now. This obviously means I got a little more shrinkage and now the legs are seriously perfect. My advice to anyone how's thinking about soaking again: do it.

edit: yeah, I got that e-mail from BiG, now I need to make my dull college life seem cool enough to get featured... Is there any easy way to get Lightning Magazine here in the states? I tried looking on Amazon and stuff but no luck.

Yeah, it's crazy how much mine shrank; they shrank even beyond the stats at Blue in Green. It seems that you can tweak the amount of shrinkage by hot soaking and hot drying. I had 34x36 (hemmed to 34), and the waist shrank to 35, and the length to ~32". Incredible. I think there might be even a little more shrink left! I'm happy with where they are, though.

like most have said

these jeans definately definately need to be hot soaked and hot dried AT LEAST once

i gave mine a 3 hour hot soak (instead of two like orginally reported) thanks to the kush, and forgot to take them out of the dryer when the patch was dry

they shrank damn near EXACTLY to blue in green measurements, and they fit like a dream

its that blue magic ya dig?

I didn't get the email.. not in the contest either though.

What is this about Lightning Magazine?

Hello,

We were contacted by Warehouse jeans about Lightning Magazine wanting to feature the sufu660 denim contest in the 3rd Edition of their Denim Style Book. This is an extra large issue Lightning has done twice before that pertains to all things denim in Japan and around the world. To create this story they would like to know more about the people participating in the contest along with the basics such as the rules, timeline, prize, etc.

This is great honor and one that's seldom offered so we would like to oblige by submitting to them as much information as we can. Anyone interested in contributing by letting us know who you are or what you do just send us an e-mail with a short description, you can also include photo's etc., and there is no need to include your superfuture username unless you'd like to. All information will be confidential and no ones personal information will be mentioned in the magazine. This is completely voluntary and not a requirement for anyone in the contest. Thank you and good luck to everyone.

Regards,

Gordon Heffner

Blue In Green LLC

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

My girlfriend had her holliday party for work at our place so here are some action shots after 11 days of post wash wear. Surprisingly enough, I've experienced less stretching than expected, most of which has occured in the legs.

Sorry, I went through the last 15 or 20 pages and the first 20 pages and found nothing, my bad.

no worries. the hotter the water, the more the shrinkage. and if you want max, throw them in the dryer after. if not, just hang them. keep in mind they'll shrink 2-4 inches in the waist and 2-4 inches in the length. and a little bit everywhere else.

f8bc4319.jpg

dbca574e.jpg

8f6af7eb.jpg

535fc547.jpg

45 minute warm/warm cycle. Shrank from 42x34 down to 38.5x32. I'm quite pleased with the fit. They're the skinniest jeans I own, but also the most comfortable right off the bat.

Raw

Rise: 12.25

Back Rise: 16

Inseam: 34.5

Waist: 21x2

Hem: 9

One Wash

Rise: 11.5

Back Rise: 15.5

Inseam: 32

Waist: 19.25x2

Hem: 8.5

i really want to sew a green tab onto mine

just as a lil homage to the lost tabs

and i think it would pretty neato, or maybe like a green cross like the skulls or something

green

holy shit

just got mine - number 70, via peteyross - and the fit is fucking proper

could not be happier

i'd post pics, but no camera

sorry

:(

anyway, i guess you can put today as my start date

i'm hoping i get this one job i've applied for that will allow me to wear jeans every day

if i don't, there's really no point in my participating in the contest

either way, i'm just happy to have another dope pair of jeans to work on

big up to gordon, cheep, warehouse, and everyone else who helped it happen

i dont think we've found out yet

at least not from what i know

these jeans are wonderful, the material is so rough and unique feeling

any ideas as to how to sew a green tab on to here can someone point me in the direction of a good sewing website or somethin

couldnt i just tear the seam at that specific point and resew with matching thread

i cant see how it would permanently affect the quality of the jeans