Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

bye4now12... youre in... thought i had responded to your pm.

im gonna update the list later... too busy now.

nice, thanks man :D

shouldnt you be in class?

free period, I was on the computer because I just finalized a couple of college applications.

shouldn't you be at work?

"Contestant No" means Contestant number ;)

doh

thanks

That would be a huge sink...shower, I think ?

Mine is a sink. In my basement we have these two big sinks.

My jeans dried for the most part, the seat and waist are still a bit too big so I'm going to soak them some more.

Would it totally mess up the jeans if I only soaked the top 1/3rd? I don't really want the knee and hem to shrink too much more, but I'd like to get another inch out of the waist if I can (tagged 34 currently measures about a 36.5).

So far I've only done a 1 hour hot soak. I think I might try going for a 1 hour hot then like 20 or 30 minutes in cold, followed by a hang.

they should be 2 inches larger than the tag size according to the BIG chart. you can try and get more shrinking in the waist but i dont think you will get another inch as your pair is already smaller than what they should be.

guess you wont know until you try

They didn't send me my hems. I'm sure i'll need them at some point.

Did you ask for them? This is the fifth pair I've bought from them, and I've always asked for the hems back, even when I bought from them in person, so they know I like to get the extra material.

If you specifically asked to have the scraps, I'm sure they'll send it to you at some point like they did for me. If not, they might still have them, if not from your pair, maybe from someone elses.

Finally finished with soaking and drying...

1 hour hot soak

hang dry for 20 hours

1 hour hot soak

20 minutes cold soak

hang dry for 4 hours

dryer on medium/high heat for 30 minutes (10 minute intervals)

And here are my final fit pics.

Front

7xd0x09.jpg

back

6yb4t95.jpg

right side

6oui6w0.jpg

left side

85mt742.jpg

And the patch after everything

6o3nk43.jpg

I really like the fit. They are a bit looser than my New Standards in the thigh which is nice. Also the denim is a lot softer, I'm afraid pretty much all stiffness came out in the two soaks. These are the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned. I think I'm going to be taking front and back pics every night to document the progress.