Presoak measurements:

Waist: 36.5"

Front Rise: 11.5"

Back Rise: 15"

Upper Thigh: 12"

Inseam: 39"

Knee: 9.5"

Leg Opening: 8.5"

Soaked them in hot water for about 2 hours, pissed on them (thanks for the tip, rnrswitch), then low heat in the dryer for about an hour, and hang dried overnight. Jizz free. Post soak measurements + a day of wear:

Waist: 35"

Front Rise: 10.5"

Back Rise: 15"

Upper Thigh: 12"

Inseam: 36"

Knee: 9.5"

Leg Opening: 8.5"

I'm guessing they still have some more shrinking to go, so I hot soaked 'em and in the dryer right now. Anyone have any thoughts on whether I should get them hemmed?

you suck! thats one of the best fits i have seen yet.

^

DP - lol, poor construction? your kidding right ... go out and find a pair another pair jeans with that construction and denim for a $145.

It's the denim that explains the prices in my opinion. G-star jeans I bought in 1997, I think, have turned out to be way sturdier and better constructed than many nicer and far more expensive jeans I've had. My PBJs and the Flatheads I wore for a bit strike me as prime examples. Beautiful denim, fantastic jeans, but threads come out in not much time, and in the case of the PBJs the denim wore through in not much time at all. I really don't think you can assume good construction on just about anything.

^

um ... im not sure what "I really don't think you can assume good construction on just about anything" means, but from my experience, when there is a problem with jean construction it is because people get the wrong damn size. i have no experience with G-star ... .

In my experience a lot of jeans at ALL price points are not well made. Let me give you a few examples that have nothing to do with sizing. S5003s had both pocket bags come out within 20 days of wear. PBJ XX-007s had one of the two rows of stitching come out on both pockets within a week. A line of stitcing on the inside of the left leg of my new Samurais veers off one of the layers of denim.

What I mean is that price doesn't guarantee solid construction, and thinking anything else is retarded. Also, assuming that construction problems universally result from sizing problems is insane nonsense.

In my experience a lot of jeans at ALL price points are not well made. Let me give you a few examples that have nothing to do with sizing. S5003s had both pocket bags come out within 20 days of wear. PBJ XX-007s had one of the two rows of stitching come out on both pockets within a week. A line of stitcing on the inside of the left leg of my new Samurais veers off one of the layers of denim.

What I mean is that price doesn't guarantee solid construction, and thinking anything else is retarded. Also, assuming that construction problems universally result from sizing problems is insane nonsense.

if you have construction problems with samuari's, pbj's, and fh jeans than maybe, just maybe -- BUY THE RIGHT SIZE! its just a thought.

if you have construction problems with samuari's, pbj's, and fh jeans than maybe, just maybe -- BUY THE RIGHT SIZE! its just a thought.

Maybe you should stop posting. Jackass.

Now I feel bad, you're clearly a fucking moron, so I need to be more clear to help you out.

The jeans I have problems with fit me fine. For most of them, I actually wore them, but the samurais had a line of stitching that WAS NOT RIGHT. There is no way that this could be a fit issue. Do you understand this?

Dipshit.

no treescan get it straight. all samurais are made perfectly but once the jeans were in your presents the denim gods wanted to punish you so they changed the stitching. that is what happened. lol

but seriously, i have had the same problems on samurais. even though these jeans are very expensive, nothing is perfect.

but compared to any random jeans samurais and most other high end brands are overall a billion times better.

I think quality of construction is debatable simply because with raw denim the shrinking process itself puts stress on the stitching. With other brands that are prewashed, all the shrinking has been done and therefore doesn't put as much stress and will hold together better. Unless all jeans start off raw no matter what the company who makes them which I doubt is the case.

tyson, sorry to kill your rant here but i would have to say buying the right size has very little effect on construction problems. I mean obviously, buy a pair way too small and your crotch might blow after doing a few splits, but many construction problems (ie the ones merzbot is experiencing) seems to be a problem with the threading easily getting undone. like as Cotton Duck said, if these WH 660's are actually 100% cotton threading, we're gonna see alot of construction problems in this contest.

and just cuz its japanese denim doesnt mean it has no construction problems lol. yes, we all love japanese denim, but no need to rule it out and start ranting about how japanese denim is perfect in every single way.

^

no its cool, i didnt mean to sound like i was ranting. my initial piont was that it would be difficult, at least for me, to find a pair of jeans for a $145 dollars that has the denim and construction quality of the contest jeans. somehow it went downhill from there. but maybe your right, maybe there will be a bunch of construction issues with these.

^

no its cool, i didnt mean to sound like i was ranting. my initial piont was that it would be difficult, at least for me, to find a pair of jeans for a $145 dollars that has the denim and construction quality of the contest jeans. somehow it went downhill from there. but maybe your right, maybe there will be a bunch of construction issues with these.

completely agree with you though. for the quality in denim and overall pair of jeans for $145...i think every single one of us got a very good deal. lets hope the construction issues dont happen to all of us...lol

success!

my washer doesn't drain unless it washes so i had to take the jeans out while they were still wet and then throw them in the dryer. left them in there overnight.

they were still kinda damp in the morning so i threw them in for about another 15 minutes. came out feelin' good

...cheap ass leather patch:mad:

i'll post pix up later but im taking pix on a weekly basis, and after looking at where cotton threads were coming loose on merzbot's pix im getting the same loose threads on the crotch and pocket areas.. also my leather patch has taken a beating.. so guess its not the contruction its the fact that these jeans are wearing in faster than any pair i've owned... but thats based on the fact that i've only had sanforized jeans.. i've got some wicked fading on my stacking and button ataris starting to show up too. i'll try to take pix asap but i like how its turning out so far.. just need to get some crotch reinforcement before i hop on the bike with these though..