Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I think I'm going to get these things hemmed or tapered a bit--they don't fall well on my shoes. But I love the fit of the top block and the thighs are perfect for what I wear. I'm more into the normal but slightly slim fits, I don't really go for the SuFu fit. So I went true to size, hot washed and hot dried them. They also have some weird creases in them still, but I had this same thing going on with my Skulls when I first washed+dried them, so I know they go away soon.

I apologize in advance for the dorm pics. I usually have to wait until later at night when campus dies down a bit because I hate taking WAYWT/Fit pics in front of people.

Fit pics:

P1030403.jpg

P1030404.jpg

I think I'm going to get these things hemmed or tapered a bit--they don't fall well on my shoes. But I love the fit of the top block and the thighs are perfect for what I wear. I'm more into the normal but slightly slim fits, I don't really go for the SuFu fit. So I went true to size, hot washed and hot dried them. They also have some weird creases in them still, but I had this same thing going on with my Skulls when I first washed+dried them, so I know they go away soon.

I apologize in advance for the dorm pics. I usually have to wait until later at night when campus dies down a bit because I hate taking WAYWT/Fit pics in front of people.

Fit pics:

P1030403.jpg

P1030404.jpg

personally like the way they look right now...agreed on tapering it a bit though...BIG measurements say 7.5" leg opening but mines measuring at slightly over 8" after a hot wash/dry + hot soak

Forgot to measure pre-soak, but post-soak + a day of normal wear:

Waist: 32"

Front Rise: 10"

Back Rise: 14.5"

Upper Thigh: 10.5"

Knee: 8.25"

Leg Opening: 7.5"

Inseam: 33" (Though I asked for a 34" post-soak, it's fine)

Now for pics:

Starting..

StartDate.jpg

Then a hot wash + dryer...:

Front.jpgBack.jpgSide.jpg

Close Front:

Front-Close.jpg

Close Back:

Back-Close.jpg

P.S.: The "close front" pic is the best representation of the color.

Yeah, tagged 29.

The shrinkage seems all over the place.. I haven't looked that closely at the other people with 29s, but are most leg openings larger than 7.5"?

'cause i'd only get 'em tapered if I was sure they wouldn't shrink more.

Oh and to Apocalypse Later: It might just be falling weirdly on your shoes cause the denim's still a bit stiff. I'd wait a bit to see if it's cause of the leg opening or from the denim.

Huh, well, it's not exactly 7.5, more like, 7.6, but the .1" is pretty neglible. Hm, I guess you could get it tapered, but if it's not too bad I'd probably stick with it at least until another wash. You can always wash it more, but once you taper it, it's tapered (Unless you don't mind it shrinking more after you taper it)

Forgot to measure pre-soak, but post-soak + a day of normal wear:

Waist: 32"

Front Rise: 10"

Back Rise: 14.5"

Upper Thigh: 10.5"

Knee: 8.25"

Leg Opening: 7.5"

Inseam: 33" (Though I asked for a 34" post-soak, it's fine)

10.5" measured like BiG? Cause it says 11.25 on the chart there, I sure hope mine don't shrink that small in the thigh

It took 2 days to get to Hawaii since they sent everything 2nd day air. At least in the US.
5 days for me

looks like mine was sent ground too. wont get them till friday. hoping to get them before I leave for Wisconsin friday and get some midwest wear on them, guess thats not happening. Sorahikos it is then

10.5" measured like BiG? Cause it says 11.25 on the chart there, I sure hope mine don't shrink that small in the thigh

i measured 11.5 pre soak and 11.25 post soak. i went from the crotch parallel with the waist band. same way big does it.