Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

After reading a few of your threads on using the dryer I gave in. I had previously done 2 boiling water soaks and still wasn't completely satisfied with the fit. I fit a 30 in APC NS and the 31 in the 660s was still baggy so I soaked them again and threw em in the dryer. SO MUCH BETTER. Definitely recommending the dryer to get out all shrinkage. Thanks SUFU.

Looks good Sammy, I'd stack as is and not hem, as well.

btw curious, do they feel tight at all for downsizing 3? They actually look pretty comfortable, tbh.

theyre not bad at all. jus to make sure they didnt shrink that much - i hot soaked the leg/thighs of the jean and only wet the rest before i hot dried it.

surprisingly the fit seems exactly like my 30 kmw rocker -even the hem is almost identical

Thought it would be a good way to start the month of November. :)

DSC02268.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

Measurements (tagged size 31):

Pre soak:

Waist: 17.75"

Front Rise: 11"

Back Rise: 15.25"

Upper Thigh: 12.25"

Knee: 9.5"

Leg Opening: 8.75"

Post soak:

Waist: 16.5"

Front Rise: 10.5"

Back Rise: 14.5"

Upper Thigh: 11.75"

Knee: 9"

Leg Opening: 8.25"

I soaked them in the tub for about 2 or 3 hours with really really hot water and then tumble dried them for about an hour. They shrunk exactly to the measurements on Gordon's charts. Awesome!

Received mine today. #186 I don't have a newspaper but just put today as my start date.

Tagged size 28x36

Pre-soak

waist - 16"

inseam - 38"

hem - 8"

edit*

Post-soak

waist - 15"

inseam - 35"

hem - 7.5"

Camera ran out of batteries after the pictures.

sufu001.jpg

sufu.jpg

#79, ten numbers too high.

Hot wash, hot dry on the 1st. Hot soak, hang dry today to get them stiff again.

The hot wash and dry shrunk them down considerably but every crease on the inside of the jeans is bright blue. The pocket bag is a good illustration of it. Not too pleased but worse things have happened. I need to send them back to BiG to get them hemmed again.

IMG_1468.jpg

the sizing on this is very very confusing. so what is it really? size down 2 or 3?

Sizing and satisfaction level seems to be all over the board from what I gathered... But generally, it sounds like most people that sized down 2 are happy with their fit, post-soak.

People that downsized 3, say that they're tight, but are bearable and become more comfortable with a couple days wear.

I'm speaking in terms of the 'slim/sufu' fit criteria for satisfaction level for the above^.

Those that want a more relaxed/repro fit I think, I believe are satisfied with down just 1 or even true to size.

the sizing on this is very very confusing. so what is it really? size down 2 or 3?

actually john i sized thesesame size as my samurai's size 33... i dont want thme too fitted.. and take note of the thigh 's