shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

Maybe it's a design flaw with the formatting of text on superfuture but I can't read these paragraphs either.

to be perfectly honest, i think it comes down to where we've cultivated our casual writing and formatting styles; i've always felt like SZ and comparable communities drive people to express their ideas in the most diarrhetic yet flowery ways possible
i can't say it's clouded beyond comprehension, however, it's worth knocking because it's a chore to read on top of being poorly organized and gravely incorrect from a grammatical point of view alone

there was actually a time when i thought such styles were selfish or something like it, but that lot seems to be happy enough with them, so what can i say? i'd be a hypocrite if i described them as selfish just because they make my eyes roll

Now now jamo dont play. I know u all bout dem run ons n fancy adjectives :wink:

Diarrhea comparison appreciated tho.

Literary English, in short, will follow the forms of standard spoken English from which it comes. No man should talk worse than he writes, no man should write better than he should talk.... The oral sentence is clearest because it is the product of millions of daily efforts to be clear and strong. It represents the work of the race for thousands of years in perfecting an effective instrument of communication.

From "readability" wikipedia entry.

Now now jamo dont play. I know u all bout dem run ons n fancy adjectives :wink:

Diarrhea comparison appreciated tho.

From "readability" wikipedia entry.

i've posted some hefty explanations and my share of run-on sentences, but i do try to present them in a somewhat readable and sensible way rather than expecting everyone to digest a wall of raw and jumbled thoughts 
if i ever change my mind and start treating the forum as a ground for my crude brainstorming, then i certainly won't accuse those who dare to criticize my writing of having learning disabilities

as for those instructions, they might be feasible if people spoke mainly in complete sentences, but they don't
most of us will inevitably end up with clumsy and erroneous syntax should we avoid making the slightest effort to polish our writing

three cheers for populist bro ignorance, amirite?

lets celebrate how we can't read shit, can't write shit and shouldn't even talk about shit.

forget u den.

i like how you complain about me pandering to simpletons just to end on a note which can only be described as pandering to the same simpletons you just got done mocking, and i'm not being sarcastic

you sure have ignored many things i said and left me with a very vacuous defense of your own position for someone who supports rigorous discourse
were you even close to accurately summarizing my attitude, you'd find that my participation in this exchange would be limited to praising sawyer for his creations

it seems to me that you want to paint an acknowledgement of your own linguistic deficiencies as a defense of someone else's, but perhaps you've taken my criticism of a large and nebulous group's organizational skills in this context for a criticism of your message and what you wish to discuss
some people want to explore complex concepts thoroughly, and that's great! the way they go about doing it isn't always great because there's still something to be said for clarity, structure, and bearable punctuation

Crude brainstorming is all I'm capable of, by the way, being on the dimmer autodidact end of things. I welcome you to add something (here or elsewhere) besides wagging a pedantic finger at my grammar & general composition. Whoopdeeshit.

The only way I have managed to learn this language has been through memorable corrections, though the run-on strangeness seems to be here to stay. I guess you'll just have to deal. Making vaguely humorous animated gifs to convey just how little a fuck you give about a conversation you weren't a part of is always a sensible option too.

always a pleasure to be in the company of such refinement (wow!) and so much keen insight. If only you ever got to do much with them besides verbally-paddling sschaden until he likes it.

Edited by merz

Sawyer is not exactly a damsel in distress. I thought his posts were funny. That's besides the point, which was in the strangeness of having the combined volume of token TLDR reactions eclipse whatever it was they were reacting to. But yes, I get it. There is a reason I've only ever used this place to sell shit.

UPS

delivered and had signed my stuff to wrong addy even tho label said xx29, delivered to xx35.

said would pick up next day and redeliver, never did

by third day I gave up and let merchant deal with it

sad thing is I ordered a few more stuff and they only seem to ship via UPS and it's the same damn guy on the same damn route, never had a problem before this

the past 2 pages

Imma agree wit you. However, I would like to point out using long extended sentences and a thesaurus to incorporate longer than necessary words, does not make you appear any more intelligent. 

Additionally, it is nothing to do with being unable to read for longer than two sentences or suffering from ADHD. Plain English and being straight to the point is all that is required, even within an academic context.

Edited by PHAT HEAD CAMEL TOEZ