transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

I'm not exactly sure what's going on with this but this is a thread for transaction problems and I'm currently having one so I'm going to describe it.

I'm not accusing the seller of ripping me off but right now I have neither my money nor the stuff I bought.

Seller: Gutpocho from this thread.

I paid for 2 Drkshdw t-shirts ($80 each) for a total of $160 on Aug. 18th.

On Sept. 2nd, I received a message from the seller telling me that the tracking number was no longer showing up in the mexican or U.S. tracking system.

He insured the shirts so he can get his money back and he promised to give me a full refund.

HOWEVER,

I sent him an invoice because he said he could not refund my payment since there was no 'refund' option.

2 days later, I hadn't received a payment and he messaged me to ask me to file a dispute with paypal and that I would get my money refunded that way.

Well, against my better judgement (because when you file a dispute on Paypal, it reflects negatively against MY account) I filed a dispute. I immediately received a message from paypal saying that the seller could not respond to my dispute since his account had been locked and that I would have to knock the dispute up to a 'file claim' to have Paypal decide whether or not I would get a refund.

This can take up to 30 days.

So I don't have the products I paid for, I don't have my money and I have to wait up to 30 days to see if Paypal is going to refund my money or not from his locked account.

He did NOT mention why his account had become locked.

Will update as necessary and will delete this when it's resolved to my satisfaction.

Again, I am not accusing Gutpocho of ripping me off. He may very well be a legitimate seller who is a victim of circumstance but as I mentioned, 23 days after payment I have neither my money nor the products I paid for. And until I get one or the other, I will leave this open in case any one else has issues. Since his paypal account is locked, he cannot issue refunds.

****UPDATE: I just heard from Gutpocho and he told me that his paypal account is locked because they are investigating his selling practices. I do not think he's trying to scam me or anyone else but there is obviously a set of unfortunate events (lost package, locked account, unable to refund my money) that is making this an unfortunate event for me (and apparently him as well since I was forced to file a complaint against him to get my money back...if indeed I do get it back.)

"I'm not accusing the seller of ripping me off but right now"

"Again, I am not accusing Gutpocho of ripping me off"

This is the transactions problem thread. I'm having a transaction problem.

Cool? Cool.

ps: I'll say it a third time: I'm not accusing him of ripping me off but something is fucked up.

I've purchased off of him before as well and it arrived perfectly fine.

But on an unrelated note to Gupocho, just because you've successfully purchased something off of someone doesn't mean they won't eventually go on to rip someone else off.

Ask all the guys over at SZ who bought something off of Casius, who was a dedicated regular over there who up and left with a shitload of peoples' money. And I think he did it over here on sufu once as well.

Just saying.

gutpoucho is legit.

i bought some jawns from him like a month ago, they took awhile but they came.

paypal fuckin sucks, and so does canada post.

also, people shouldnt be selling shit if communication is going to be a problem. or if they are idiots.

but for the record, i have had to wait months and months for items on many occasions. i am not so quick to blame the seller most of the time. however, when the seller does not respond within a reasonable amount of time, or sends an item which is not as described, or something along those lines then they can go fuck themselves.

about two months ago, I sold him a pair of jeans he wanted off me.

he didn't have all the cash on him, but he is known to be a trustworthy buyer/seller on here, sf, hb, etc., so I told him that he could put a up a downpayment and I'd give him a healthy one month to pay the rest.

one month goes by and payment doesn't show. I contact him and he says that it slipped his mind and that he'll get the payment to me asap.

payment doesn't come and I try to contact him, and I get no replies back.

a couple weeks ago he replies back saying he's sorry but his internet was screwy but now it's back so he can get payment to me. he offers me extra for the trouble he has caused me, but I decline and tell him all he has to pay me is the original amount owed. I send him my paypal address (which he should already have), but still no payment comes.

I send him several PM's on here and styleforum, but no replies for the past two weeks.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt orginally.. thought his internet was down again. but then I check his "most recent posts" on here, styleforum, and hb, and he's posting still.

all I want is to be paid, and if he can't pay me this instant at least replies to my several PM's

notes:

itsmedeka owes me $115 that is about one month past due.

why you running shit on layaway!??!

cause I've dealt with him before and he's had many successful transactions amongst sufu members and members of other board, so in turn I trusted him

and me being a nice guy, let him cop before it was too late.. I guess I over-easily trust others :(

u-know

i bought two fucking carpe diem button ups from this asshole 2 weeks ago, no response via pm or via email. i get a pm form a member of stylezeitgeist telling me this fucker sold him the same shit he sold me. i have filed a claim and will be getting my funds back soon i hope. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM.

OK, I tried to be cool regarding Gupocho...he told me right when things started to get questionable that he was going to contact Paypal and explain to them what happened after I filed a dispute (since his account was locked).

Well, it's been 5 days since I filed the claim and he hasn't responded to the Paypal dispute, which is just dragging it out. Although he logged into sufu today.

I have YET to see any kind of tracking information from him even though he has my email address. So to sum it all up currently, he has my $160, I don't have the items I paid for, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest they were even shipped and he's not responding to messages or the paypal dispute.

So the Paypal dispute is simply in a locked status that says 'waiting for response from seller.'

So he's definitely not doing what he told me he would do when all he has to do is log on and explain that the package was 'lost.'

At this point, it's pretty clear that he's not working with me. My last two messages went unreturned on sufu and he's not responding to the dispute via paypal.

So it's pretty clear to me what's going on right now.

Gutpocho, if you're reading this (and I know you are) all you had to do was respond to the paypal dispute like you said you would to help expedite the situation for my refund. The whole situation is pissing me off when it really only calls from brief action from you.

If you want his email address and real name, send me a message if you think you have something similar going on.

If he doesn't respond to the paypal dispute before his time is up to do so, I WILL be posting his name, address and email information for others to see and will spread the word around to all other forums.

If you ARE innocent, you're not helping your case any by avoiding all contact with me and avoiding all contact with Paypal. That behavior speaks for itself.

I bought apc sunglasses and cp patent achilles shoes from drizzy. I sent payment on 9/5. I got a reply on the 6th saying he'll ship it out that tuesday (the 8th). I've sent him some pm's and an email to his paypal address email. I just want to know if he shipped it... but he hasn't signed on for a week, and nor replied to anything. I'm feeling nervous since I don't want to have lost out on my $180. How much longer should I be waiting before I send a complaint to Paypal?

^Dammit. Having the same problems with Drizzy. Luckily I paid with credit card through Paypal so I can initiate chargeback. Will probably give him a few more days.

Zeek: Do NOT wait past the paypal limit to file a dispute. If he really wants to go through with the deal, he can be gracious and refund you and you can resend the money to reset that dispute time counter.

quick question regarding paypal. So i just sold something on ebay. I went into my paypal and check for the payment. It says:

On Hold - Ship now

wat does it mean?

payment is on hold but paypal wants me to ship now?

I've had that problem before..

the funds get released after confirmation of delivery via tracking number or positive feedback from the buyer

and i guess there is no way out other than sending it with tracking (which i planned to do anyway) and hoping that buyer will receive it and like how it fits..??

no, you misunderstood.

once the package arrives with deliver confirmation, usps notifies paypal and the funds get released.