transaction problems and disputes

mike lowrey

allright we can test this out and see how it goes.

if you feel like you've been ripped of or you suspect any fradulent activity, do the following:

1. try contacting the other person, if you're unable to do so -

2. see if the other party has been online, last online time is listed in a persons profile

3. contact a moderator and have them e-mail the user

4. file a claim with paypal or other payment system

5. if you want to go to a further extent, call the police, internet or not, its still a crime

6. you can also file a complaint through FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center, they work with local authorities to resolve online crimes.

Blacklist

the purpose of this thread is to list users that have engaged in unwanted behaviour, ie slow communication, extremely slow shipping or payment time etc. if you have been undoubtedly ripped off, ie have had money or goods stolen from you, contact a moderator.

situations should be resolved between the users, this thread is only to list users along with a short description on what happened. please do this in the form of:

username - description of the problem

• 2 weeks later...

B-11 - user agreed to buy two items from me, I waited for close to 2 weeks during which he was slow to communicate and at the end I didnt hear back from him. bad communication and unable to handle a transaction properly, which cost me the trouble of turning down several other potential buyers.

Slightly off topic, but maybe we could make a general supermarket review thread? Like after each transaction, people post a review of how it went...

Another forum I was on once had a subforum where each user that was buying/selling stuff had a thread for reports from people they dealt with. That way you just had to search that forum for a thread title of a person's name and you had a full set of reviews for the deals they had done.

hmm the problem I see with that is:

- will people care to post there after every transaction?

- there are a lot of transactions so it could be very busy and need to be moderated as well to avoid arguments and chaos

- a simple blacklist is easier to quickly gaze at than to search for threads

+ there will be some changes in the market system in the future anyways, so this is untill then

I see your point, but by just having a blacklist, you're setting up an environment that is similar to (for example) ebay, but without positive reviews.

Would you buy from a guy with a negative review? Probably not. Maybe the negative review came because the mail screwed up and the package got lost and the other guy wasn't willing to come to an agreement.

What if the same guy, in addition to that negative review had 10 positive reviews?

I don't think the effort on the users' side is a problem. It doesn't take too long to write "A++ no problems great transaction".

You may be right about the additional stress it puts on the mods. However, I think that most arguments would arise out of negative reviews anyways, I doubt anyone would contest a review that basically reads "I gave him the money and he gave me the item".

Alternatively, you could just leave all of this to an external system. Many computer forums use www.heatware.com, which is basically a feedback system that you can link to any forums account (and best of all, it can work for any amount of forums at the same time).

I see your point, but by just having a blacklist, you're setting up an environment that is similar to (for example) ebay, but without positive reviews.

Would you buy from a guy with a negative review? Probably not. Maybe the negative review came because the mail screwed up and the package got lost and the other guy wasn't willing to come to an agreement.

What if the same guy, in addition to that negative review had 10 positive reviews?

if the postal service screwed up I of course hope the two users can sort this out, the blacklist is only for cases where someone clearly doesn't act accordingly to rules or good trading manners.

but I do see your point though, hopefully this can be sorted out with future improvements, this is just a very temporary system.

Hustla - bought shoes a month and a half ago and waited for shoes. He shipped them to the wrong address so I waited for him to ship again. But it's been fucking almost two months and he's not responding to my pm's anymore. He's been offline since Oct. 8. Possible fraud. If anyone has delt with him please help me out.

Hypebitch - bought a jacket in July, lost contact with him until September when he claimed the shipping was screwed and would resend with priority mail. Have had no contact ever since. Sent plenty of PMs with no reply and he just visited SF 2 days ago.

I know he's been shipping with snail mail in the past, but this is ridiculous, especially after he said it would be shipped with priority the second time and would tell me the tracking number (which of course never happened)

Hustla - bought shoes a month and a half ago and waited for shoes. He shipped them to the wrong address so I waited for him to ship again. But it's been fucking almost two months and he's not responding to my pm's anymore. He's been offline since Oct. 8. Possible fraud. If anyone has delt with him please help me out.

i bought a pair of wtaps vans back at the beggining of last summer, the dude was completely legit, shipped everything mad fast. i would vouch for him, but your situation seems sketchier.

i bought a pair of wtaps vans back at the beggining of last summer, the dude was completely legit, shipped everything mad fast. i would vouch for him, but your situation seems sketchier.

I bought some w)taps off Husta a couple months back as well. No problems whatsover. Your situation is sketchy due to the fact that he hasn't been active for a while. I use to always see him selling stuff in the supermarket..maybe he's on vacation? Hope you get your money back.

• 2 weeks later...

ktothe - Paid for a pair of shoes from him on July 4th, and he said he would be sending them shortly. After 3 weeks had passed with no sign of the shoes he sent me a msg saying he'd sent to the wrong address and would be resending. Three weeks later still nothing, he says he will be checking his house for the shoes, and if they're not there he will refund my money. For weeks following he kept saying he'd send me a refund in a few hours and never did. Anyways, four months have passed since I paid him and still no refund/shoes.

Do not deal with this person.

I bought some w)taps off Husta a couple months back as well. No problems whatsover. Your situation is sketchy due to the fact that he hasn't been active for a while. I use to always see him selling stuff in the supermarket..maybe he's on vacation? Hope you get your money back.

I tracked sufu member hustla down on his youtube account: drhustler, his ez board account: hustlin on you, his iss account: rolli and his aim: litohustla. Fucker never contacts me back and always changes his profile so I can't track him. Mother fucker is shady as hell.

If anyone has any info on him please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I saved latin- paid 2 weeks ago, not so much the time thats bugging me, but rather the inconsistencies of his last reply. Said he'd give me a confirmation number last Monday, but since then no number, no nothing. Dropped ample of PMs and left messages on his thread, no reply. Ive filed a dispute with Paypal.

yea, i take full responsibility with that one. lot's of traveling and school took over my life for a little bit. i'm assuming you got the shirt, though, as the paypal claim was closed by you.

anyways, just apologizing and trust me i'm usually quite punctual with my transactions.

thanks

axtsang - i "purchased" some frames from him over 3 months ago now. never received any tracking info, only an excuse that it was returned to him because the shipping label got messed up. other users have had complaints as well. there is a thread floating around about it. i've pm'd other members that he directed me to for a reference after i started to assume that my frames weren't coming and they didn't have anything good to say either. i ended up just facing the facts that i'm out $120 and bought the frames online for a little more. i've pm'd him recently about a refund and he hasn't gotten back to me. so here is my post.

axtsang - i "purchased" some frames from him over 3 months ago now. never received any tracking info, only an excuse that it was returned to him because the shipping label got messed up. other users have had complaints as well. there is a thread floating around about it. i've pm'd other members that he directed me to for a reference after i started to assume that my frames weren't coming and they didn't have anything good to say either. i ended up just facing the facts that i'm out $120 and bought the frames online for a little more. i've pm'd him recently about a refund and he hasn't gotten back to me. so here is my post.

ditto: same story applies to me, in a nutshell.

paid for the Prada VPRO5f frames July 31st. After two weeks, was informed that the packaged was returned to sender due to a smudged label. Three weeks or so later, after repeated messages (and now into september) was told the item had just been sent, along with pantheist's frames.

After one excuse after another I attempted to file a paypal claim but whether on purpose or not, the time alotted to file for refund had just passed. Two months later, we've had litte contact besides one message where he said he'd refund me. But its become obvious thats never going to happen. I purchased the frames online from a legit seller last week, so to date I've paid about 270 for one pair.

ditto: same story applies to me, in a nutshell.

paid for the Prada VPRO5f frames July 31st. After two weeks, was informed that the packaged was returned to sender due to a smudged label. Three weeks or so later, after repeated messages (and now into september) was told the item had just been sent, along with pantheist's frames.

After one excuse after another I attempted to file a paypal claim but whether on purpose or not, the time alotted to file for refund had just passed. Two months later, we've had litte contact besides one message where he said he'd refund me. But its become obvious thats never going to happen. I purchased the frames online from a legit seller last week, so to date I've paid about 270 for one pair.

I gave axtsang 300 dollars for a combined order from chim for AA but I never received it back. I'm hoping to get in touch with some friends over at york u to see if they can get in touch with him.

hello,did anyone here ever had transaction with kit714 i agreed to transaction with him,but when i want to pay him with paypal i realized he even dont have any paypal transaction before(0) and in his thread he also claim that he was big at yahoo auction but when i tracked it down,again he have zero(0) reputation..so i would like to asked opinion here,should i still pay him or not,im very scared of fraud because im in other country,and paypal claim only bringing back my lost almost a half more than i spend..thank you..

pretty similiar situation here. purchased apc new standards off him (thread floating around somewhere still) around the end of august and i never got tracking info or anything. not only that but the 'hidden' costs like paypal fees and international shipping bumped the price listed in the thread from $95 to me being invoiced for $130. weird, since he stated that i pay $20 for shipping, i don't get how the paypal fee can equate to being $15, but whatever........

i never received them to this day. nor a reply. i obviously don't know him personally but my experience dealing with him has been notoriously unreliable. and shit.

andrewexd

I bought a pair of dior lurex from him and I paid almost 2 weeks ago. He wanted $400 but I told him the most I can do is $350 including shipping and tracking number and he agreed. I asked him numerous time and told to reconfirm that he will ship it with $350 including tracking number and mark it at $50 and he did promise me.

Guess what this idiot motherfucker son of a bitch did? He DID NOT ship it out with tracking number and he was afraid the package might be lost during shipping. So he declared the full value of the package to get the insurance. I asked him a lot of times where is my tracking number and he said it cost too much so he didn't do it. THEN WHY THE FUCK YOU PROMISED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE? I also asked him did he mark down the value and HE SAID HE MARKED IT AT $50 when he sent it.

I received a letter regarding custom charges yesterday so I called up and asked. This idiot really declared it at $350 to get insurance so the package won't be lost during shipping although he didn't ship it with tracking number. Now I have to pay additional of $80 for the custom charges because of this SON OF A BITCH.

DO NOT BUY OR SELL HIM STUFF. HE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT KEEP HIS PROMISE AND DO NOT FUCKING CARE WHETHER YOU PAY MORE.

andrewexd, I AM SURE YOUR BRAIN IS JUST AS BIG AS YOUR NUTS TO DO SUCH THING...FUCK YOU!

andrewexd

I bought a pair of dior lurex from him and I paid almost 2 weeks ago. He wanted $400 but I told him the most I can do is $350 including shipping and tracking number and he agreed. I asked him numerous time and told to reconfirm that he will ship it with $350 including tracking number and mark it at $50 and he did promise me.

Guess what this idiot motherfucker son of a bitch did? He DID NOT ship it out with tracking number and he was afraid the package might be lost during shipping. So he declared the full value of the package to get the insurance. I asked him a lot of times where is my tracking number and he said it cost too much so he didn't do it. THEN WHY THE FUCK YOU PROMISED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE? I also asked him did he mark down the value and HE SAID HE MARKED IT AT $50 when he sent it.

I received a letter regarding custom charges yesterday so I called up and asked. This idiot really declared it at $350 to get insurance so the package won't be lost during shipping although he didn't ship it with tracking number. Now I have to pay additional of $80 for the custom charges because of this SON OF A BITCH.

DO NOT BUY OR SELL HIM STUFF. HE OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT KEEP HIS PROMISE AND DO NOT FUCKING CARE WHETHER YOU PAY MORE.

andrewexd, I AM SURE YOUR BRAIN IS JUST AS BIG AS YOUR NUTS TO DO SUCH THING...FUCK YOU!

Either way you wanted me to get fucked over if it was lost. I agree, im not doing international shipping anymore. Domestic is fine.

Your the one who took like a month to pay, even though on your ebay account you had a few grand worth of stuff sold recently (less than a week before we talked) but said I was low on funds, and I see he bids on his own items.

I was thinking I was getting 400 shipped the whole time then like a few weeks later after we exchange pms he says 320 shipped. We agree on 350 because on the usps website it says priority comes w/ tracking but when I get to the post office I find out only express mail come with it.

So seeing how he took at least 2-3 days (unless it was important to him) to answer a pm even though he was on everyday, how long he took to pay (he had made several dates that he would pay but didnt) and how I would be the one losing 300 dollars if I wrote 50$ and it got lost, I wrote 350$ and shipped w/o tracking. Sorry I didnt lie to customs and didnt want to pay upwards of 60$ for shipping. Im the devil.

cheep - On February 2nd, 2007, I sent Cheep $65 for a leather jacket that he was selling in the supermarket. He never sent me the jacket and after constant private messages, he keeps blowing me off. His last private message to me on the 13th of September stated that "im glad i can finally get you your money back". It's November 18th and still no refund or jacket.

I would make a paypal complaint but it's been way too long for that. I guess I had faith in someone who was so well known on this message board to not be a scab.

Avoid this dude at all costs.

same here. $50 deep. but our situation is much better i guess since cheep is way too deep into superfuture to just ditch. hes involved with numerous contest, and plenty of people probably have his address. ive still got faith in him. but i agree that this is starting to get a bit ridiculous.

lesson of the story: im 100% legit. buy my stuff. see sig.

Yea, i'd appreciate my $40 back as well. Pretty sad a forum regular would openly steal from people with no (from what i've seen) intention of paying them back. Having bills to pay and a kid isn't an excuse at all since there are forum members here and on styleforum with both. I know he's a nice guy on the forums and at meetups but it's not about that. Just about not getting ripped off. He just gets away with it with mods and regulars because of who he is..

asuzano

he sold me a pair of a77 jeans, overcharged me on shipping by $10 because i told him i'd need them within the next couple days but still sent them standard shipping. was told he would refund me the difference and after about the third time of asking him told me to quit bothering him about it and he'd get it to me when he got it to me. conveniently waited til the 2 months were up before i could open up a paypal dispute with him before he told me he wasn't going to refund me because it was not his responsibility it was the company he worked for at the time yet he would not give me any contact info to reach the company about the situation. also believe he still works for them as his name is still on their site.

it's only $10 at the end of the day but there's definitely a principal here. i emailed an admin about this when it happened several months back and never got a response. if you rip someone off you deserve to be banned. the amount should have nothing to do with it.

and i still have the long string of pm's between asuzano and i to show anyone in power that would actually like to make a statement.

edit: if anyone has any info on a "hollywood trading company" where alfredo asuzano supposedly worked/works, i'd still like to get in touch with them, whoever they are.