The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

^ nice, i say dont wash em for a bit longer. Looks like a bit more contrast can happen.

Either way, still nice

im def not going to washt hem for a while. prolly 3 months at the least. I woudl like to wait until spring break actually

if anyone can be bothered to look a bit back at the JR calis i posted: will those produce a subtle fade, or will they just get fucked up if i wash them now? they feel filthy, and i really don't want them to be super-contrasty. Just nice and subdued, with the combs and the (very little) lap fading showing through a bit more.

thanks to anyone who can help me out!

first post, excuse me if im doing something wrong, but i believe this is the right place.

just thought id introduce my slimjims, 5 months no wash. had to patch up some nasty crotch-hole business. im wondering if this is a common nudie thing or just my bad karma? happened to a friend of mine too..

first post, excuse me if im doing something wrong, but i believe this is the right place.

just thought id introduce my slimjims, 5 months no wash. had to patch up some nasty crotch-hole business. im wondering if this is a common nudie thing or just my bad karma? happened to a friend of mine too..

Happens to all denim. Just depends on the way you wear and the cut of the denim.

San - welcome! The fit of your nudies is great, bummer about the crotch damage. It does happen to a lot of jeans depending on the wear and the wearer, but seems to happen to nudies more often than other brands. Dunno what that says about the jeans/their wearers though...

Drytherain - I think your calis should be OK for a wash at this stage if that is the kind of wear/fading you want on them. But don't just ditch them after the wash, you need to keep wearing them!

I am jealous. I want the patch on my Dukes to turn to a dark caramel color but it is still that creamy orange after 4 months. That and my belt keeps rubbing off the patch in places. Woe is me.

That patch is sick. After 4 months also, mine is nowhere near that dark either. I haven't worn a belt very regularly though, so the patch is still very " 3D ".

However, I probably would wear my belt more if I was getting a contrast between where my belt covers the patch, and where its exposed. Contrast like Polly7 has would be great:

4months.jpg

with the birth of PBJ blacks, here is a very brief (~1 month of solid wear spread over 4 months) document of my samurai blacks. The color is much brighter in the picture than they actually are, it's really hard to get a good pic of these...but these will be nice...so for those torn between PBJ's and these, Samurai's will hold the fort down, but these are on the back burner now...

blacks2.jpg

blacks.jpg

Dang, I really like those poly. The color, at least in the photos, is one of the few black jeans I've seen that I've liked recently.

It's really different in natural light, but in my opinion even better. Those jeans are starting to look real nice though, I've worn mine for a month and they've stretched so much I need to soak them again.

It's really different in natural light, but in my opinion even better. Those jeans are starting to look real nice though, I've worn mine for a month and they've stretched so much I need to soak them again.

It's been really cool to see everybody's transition from Nudie to these smaller jean makers like PBJ and Ande Whall. Jeans are looking SO MUCH BETTER compared to those of the early superfuture days...and we're talking about MAYBE a year of progression here. It's just been cool to see...

- Nudie RRDS - 31x34 - stretched about 2 full sizes

i've been wearing these since nov 2005. i don't get to wear them all the time like some of you guys, and i sometimes go weeks without wearing them. so i would say they are more of 8 months of wear. here are the pics...

BEFORE hot soak (picture taken at night w/flash):

100_1204.jpg

100_1213.jpg

1 week AFTER hot soak (picture taken during the day w/flash):

100_1344.jpg

100_1347.jpg

100_1348.jpg

* soaked them for about 15 mins in HOT water. and when i say hot i mean like, "hot tub" hot. padded with a towel and then hung to dry. overall the jeans got a LITTLE tighter but the inseam didn't strink at all. after the jeans were dry it didn't seem like they lost that much indigo, but after about a week of wearing them, alot started to come off. i'm pretty happy with the results, but they are nowhere near the level of contrast i would like them to be. especially the honeycombs. i think that will take another 6-8 months.

just now, i put these in the dryer for half an hour to shrink them some more. they shrank a little and the inseam shrank about an inch. i was hoping they would go back to the size when i first got them though

After your next 6 month adventure with them - don't wash at all .. dry clean them and be sure to demand no press at all after the dry cleaning ..

then you will see the ultra fade you so desire on your whiskers and combs !

It's been really cool to see everybody's transition from Nudie to these smaller jean makers like PBJ and Ande Whall. Jeans are looking SO MUCH BETTER compared to those of the early superfuture days...and we're talking about MAYBE a year of progression here. It's just been cool to see...

early superfuture days were not 2005...

Yeah, I decided to show off my H&M Sliqs that I've been wearing for almost seven months now. I soaked them for the second time last night for only an hour and a half (I didn't want my parents to get pissed at me becasue I was soaking them so late). Over all I'm happy with the way that they turned out and I liked that they barely fade. Then next time that I soak them, it will be for a lot longer. Now With Smaller pics. Sorry about that all.

When they were first brought:

1332251075862b0e87fkp5.th.jpg

133225108e95f1d8738vl4.th.jpg

1332251095ed1c65237oe8.th.jpg

133225111afedd9860bne3.th.jpg

August about four months of wear:

1001194iv5.th.jpg

1001195pz2.th.jpg

1001196jx4.th.jpg