The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Who do you make finishes for, Diesel and TR? ;)

It's perfectly possible for ADD hippies to get this kind of wear in 2 months. All of it has been documented in the Fullcount contest thread too.

Hah! ADD hippies... I like that.

^ seconded that. +rep

are they still sellin those streaky denims? wouldnt mind coppin those if they arent like $47387429

I have been developing finishes on denim for the last 25 years and there is no way you scuffed these in 2 months.

i appreciate your artistry revolves around denim but i have to say something about how you have been on this forum for over a year and you have chosen to use half your posts to question my atari. This isn't much of a contribution to the community. its cool to lurk but we must be weary of those lurking to steal the beauty of the fades and try to reproduce it for those who don't have the patience for authentic distressing.

Shhhh... You are not allowed to like STFs.

****whispering*****

They aren't selvage and hence cannot be good.

just kiddin

mofos started doing this wack shit with the rise of that damn book that comes with nudies. after that everyone began thinking that '6 mos no wash' would automatically produce grail-jeans. then the samurai and warehouse contests( a lot of exposure for fast-fading jeans) added to it. then came skid-knee's 3001 FH(what up sid!), and that sealed the deal. now everyone wants the fastest fade they can get. if you had a denim that could give you a legit ''12 month'' fade in a month it would sell out. newbs will be newbs...most of these dudes on sufu now have no concept or clue. :mad:

the other concept that just floors me is when dudes that have been wearing guess and gap jeans all their lives( that mom probably washed after every 3-4 wears) are all hydro-phobic about their sam 710s) too bad dudes aren't stink-phobic....

When did we start expecting jeans to have big contrats after only 8 months? This is why I love SDA so much, you have to fight for every bit of indigo to fade. Your pair already looks like it will turn out great.

Agreed agreed. I do mean stubborn as hell in a good way. Love the fit and love the denim - but there's no denying that these stay dark longer and fade slower than 90% of jeans out there - again, in a good way - I'm certainly loving the journey. My S0500's faded about twice as fast.

My only issue is that these are now due for a second crotch blow-out repair. At this rate, the denim will be in shreds before that dark blue fades away....

mofos started doing this wack shit with the rise of that damn book that comes with nudies. after that everyone began thinking that '6 mos no wash' would automatically produce grail-jeans. then the samurai and warehouse contests( a lot of exposure for fast-fading jeans) added to it. then came skid-knee's 3001 FH(what up sid!), and that sealed the deal. now everyone wants the fastest fade they can get. if you had a denim that could give you a legit ''12 month'' fade in a month it would sell out. newbs will be newbs...most of these dudes on sufu now have no concept or clue. :mad:

the other concept that just floors me is when dudes that have been wearing guess and gap jeans all their lives( that mom probably washed after every 3-4 wears) are all hydro-phobic about their sam 710s) too bad dudes aren't stink-phobic....

So are you trying to say that one can't get instant gratification from denim?

I am soo hardcore that, I don't even wear the jeans for the fade, I wear them and then there is this biproduct of a beautiful pair of jeans. Sometimes I am like, "oh man these jeans look nice." Then I look at them and am like, "man i miss them in there raw state, they were beautiful." I get yanked in two directions. Ahhhhhhhhh, what to do. Life is so difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you say????

People want what they think looks good, and what is wrong with that? You want people to post their raw denim with no fades, or just wait longer to post? How can we make you happy I need to know

I tried to rep rnrswitch but I must spread some...

i think hes saying that peeps arent bein adventurous tryin out new denimz and wearing they jeans to the full potential cus they dont get to see the sick fadez asap instead its peeps coppin the same jeanz gettin similiar fadez in a short amount of time.

I believe Salaami was replying to my comment about how it is nice that there are still people wearing jeans that take longer to fade.

There's nothing wrong about instant gratification though. I (and I don't think I'm the only one) just like jeans that are more stubborn.

What you say????

People want what they think looks good, and what is wrong with that? You want people to post their raw denim with no fades, or just wait longer to post? How can we make you happy I need to know

I tried to rep rnrswitch but I must spread some...

since people ive never met or smoked with have taken liberties to 'explain' my words...

firstly, i just got done(temporarily) with a pair of sams, and i've already copped the WH 700(1000xx fast-ass denim) for when the fullcounts are dead. this should show that i'm not at all opposed to denim that fades relatively fast. i love em' raw, i love em beat to shit. what i hate is when people complain about how their denims aren't fading fast enough( wear them HARDER!). im not accusing dude with the SDAs of this( i +repped him, ask him) and i like how his denims are turning out. i especially love him buying SDAs in the first place, cause not enough cats cop them, and they were the first of the Osaka 5. but i HATE that some noobs avoid SDA cause they fade 'too slow' . when i buy denim i don't take fade-speed into account@ all. japan has a shit load of quality denim brands, and not enough cats branch-out into the lesser known brands... until some posts a dope pair in the evo thread, then its dick-ride central...thats what i meant by my post.

BTW: if you want to make me happy, cop me a pair of SDAs:D you big baller you!

So are you trying to say that one can't get instant gratification from denim?

I am soo hardcore that, I don't even wear the jeans for the fade, I wear them and then there is this biproduct of a beautiful pair of jeans. Sometimes I am like, "oh man these jeans look nice." Then I look at them and am like, "man i miss them in there raw state, they were beautiful." I get yanked in two directions. Ahhhhhhhhh, what to do. Life is so difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel like this is the same way i feel about raw denim minus the being hardcore claim, haha. i love my denim raw and dark as fuck and i kinda miss them that way, but i enjoy the way denim ages and shit. I understand where salaami is coming from because quick fades made a.p.c. jeans less desirable than others. salaami made the same point about the flatheads, but i fuckin' love my flatheads. sure they fade fast, but the fit is what sold me on those.

i think it makes sense to post evo pics even when the fading isn't such a great contrast so you can just keep watching them change like sidneylo's, but posting pics looking for comments on 2 weeks of wear is dumb

Nudie Even Steven Blue Black (ESBB) 32/34 18 months, washed once at 12 months.

New:

ES1.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today:

esbb181.jpgesbb182.jpg

esbb183.jpg

Doubled up post from Samurai thread...

These are my Sammy 710WXs, which have had about 7 or 8 months' wear now. Washed around 5 or 6 times, all after 4 months' wear, always at 40 degrees, always with Bronners. All pics taken in natural daylight (and probably a bit too dim). Colour's a bit richer in real life. I love these jeans.

3507903854_b32b5df29c.jpg?v=0

3507102659_7ca9bb4993.jpg?v=0

Details...

3507088179_d900b760c1.jpg?v=0

3507890912_1de351769e.jpg?v=0

3507098455_6a07185de2.jpg?v=0