The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

very nice poly. post your sammies.

havent worn them in like 6 months. but i'm back east this week and will bring them back when I get home

poly - fit pics of the PRPS? i'm going into my fourth month of wear on mine, no washes or soaks yet, i'd like to see how they fit after washes.

2581297909_c1cfd56527.jpg

skull 5010XX 6x6 SJC - undergoing their fourth wash in 9 1/2 months. washing again because they are that gross; the water isn't lying. i'll take some more pictures tomorrow when they are dry fourthwashct2.jpg

and for the sake of not double posting, i went ahead and took my monthly evo pictures as they were drying. stupid of me, because now (an hour later, now that they are dry) they of course look a lot lighter in color. the jeans have a new friend! thanks Albeeeeeeezy. a full set of pictures are in the blog in my signature if you are interested.

walletoi2.jpg

^^

just amazing

i meant to bring this up around contest time...i think the reason you didn't win (iirc i voted for yours) is that you beat them up so much that they maybe didn't look quite as good as the pairs that finished ahead of yours

they were clearly the most broken in, which is why i voted for them, but they were so beat they didn't have the rich coloring of some other pairs

is it possible to wear your jeans too hard? nawwwwwwwwwwwwww...

also:

The helmut langs don't look bad. Some better detail pics would be good, though.

agree

looks like some crazy tones going on in there

Lordy, those are drop-dead beautiful. They're the competition jeans I guess - which model are they closest to??

Edit: sorry, shoulda remembered, they're famous and on their website now... (there's a pair from the PT household on there too, but sadly not mine.)

What are you replacing them with?

cheep and azn80i get props for taking their denim well past the 1 year mark. fuck what some may say, the more beat, the better.

jwied, you bastard! every time i say im not getting those pbj oo7s next, you post another evo pic! fuck it, you win, i must have them! sorry i cant rep you, cause big brother wont let me anymore. someone post some hot shit, so i can spread this +rep, and then give some to my dude jwied...

Guest kyotousa

I don't get it....you wear your jeans for a yr or so to break them in. Then you just gonna retire them and try on new jeans? Man that's a short life-span for a nice looking jean.

Those jeans of cheep have just reached the fading and are just ready to really rock them for another long time. I would burn them down over years till nothing is left on them, and even then I would use them hard for the real dirty jobs out in the forest and on construction jobs. And just after then they could rest in piece in the little denim heaven for ever in the jeansmuseum. They deserves an eternal life for sure

I don't get it....you wear your jeans for a yr or so to break them in. Then you just gonna retire them and try on new jeans? Man that's a short life-span for a nice looking jean.

i dont wear them much at all and someone made me an offer for them i couldnt refuse. otherwise id keep them for another year and a half.

Those jeans of cheep have just reached the fading and are just ready to really rock them for another long time. I would burn them down over years till nothing is left on them, and even then I would use them hard for the real dirty jobs out in the forest and on construction jobs. And just after then they could rest in piece in the little denim heaven for ever in the jeansmuseum. They deserves an eternal life for sure

ok... i think i understand you. kind of. beatle=jeansmuseam.

Cheep

You are one of the guys who know, how to break in raw denim stuff in the right way. Those jeans really deserves to survive for ever.

The Jeansmuseum is open to the public on request in Zuerich, Switzerland and has now over 10'000 jeans and denim jackets from 1930 till now since I started to rescue real rough vintage or raw denim stuff in 1973