The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

You CAN get great results and wash frequently, but I'm of the opinion that the results would be greater if washed infrequently. I like high contrast fades, but I know that's not everyone's bag.

Eternal 811, almost 7 months. Soaked about a month ago (Which totally contradicts the above statement).

without wanting to nitpick, i dont think you are contradicting yourself there. theres a big difference between soaking and washing in terms of indigo loss (and therefore determining the relative contrast of the fades). and generally speaking, higher quality denim tends to hold its indigo better than cheaper denim, which will lose its colour in far less time.

im looking for a pretty high contrast fade with my denime 805, but ill probably soak them soon, just to shrink them back down a little bit. ill hold off washing them for quite a while yet, until the fades are a little more apparent.

theyre looking good anyway dude!

some better, lighter pictures plus some recent fit pics would be great if you get a chance!

i just wash my jeans if they got really dirty,when i've reached like 8 months or something or a lot of my friends complain about the smell of'em. I actually can't imagine they smell muchuntil they get a wash and they smell good! because if i wear them everyday for such a long time the smell kind of get so usual for my nose so i don't know when they smell bad.

here's my sams, like 100 days. soaked em when i got em, then just hand washed em with soap and brought them to get patched. i'll get full shots tomorrow, i'm thinking after summer they're going to have to retire from every day use or i'll have no ass left on em from my bike

2516967430_3cfd0b9888.jpg

2516967408_65bc9be3aa.jpg

^dude you've been sitting on your ipod??

nope, just my wallet. they're like, 35's, so the pockets are bigger i guess and it makes my wallet look small? I don't use a chain though, that mark is from a flathead keyring that hangs from a belt loop, i tuck my keys in so they don't jingle

man good repost on those diors back there, woulda missed them if not for that, them shitz is bonkerssss.

in regards to washing etc, i think the general consensus is that while it is most definitely possible to wash and get good fades, it sure as hell doesnt hurt the fades to not wash.

Those Skulls and Sams are incredible for 3 months each! Those Sams will fall appart if you don't look out, wanted to + rep but gotta spread, blah blah blah.

yea, that's what riding bikes 15-20 miles a day will do to your jeans. they'll be retired from everyday wear in a couple months, hopefully the patch will hold for a while and nothing will get ugly.

im waiting for a truly bicyclist specific jean, with a reinforced crotch/rear that's like...a double layer. I've heard rumors of the new seXsc, but who knows, they probably won't fit my legs in em.

I've heard rumors of the new seXsc, but who knows, they probably won't fit my legs in em.

Might not be so much of a problem...

You don't need to be skinny to wear these.. They're going up to size 38 and it's not a skin tight fit either..

On another note, May has been a pretty great month evo wise, good stuff everyone!

5epxSF jeans worn everyday since sept.. decided to wash...

pre-wash photos:

2518118972_49e3467700.jpg

2518120180_90d2fa8712.jpg

will post post-wash photos tomorrow....