The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Wow... A really well faded pair of nudies. I love how they're quite a light blue but still have strong fades. And the pockets look superb as well!

I would second Beatle's suggestion on the eternals - I think they would be a great fit for you. Be prepared for a long slog before you get fades anywhere near to your Nudies though. Mine are at 6 months and still super dark. If you need measurements for a 31" pair of 811's just pm me and I'll send them your way.

i dont really understand the whole buying jeans without trying them on thing. im kinda worried ill end up with something i dont like.

thats true, but most japanese sites provide measurements, so that does help. and if you search enough someone on here will probably have had a pair

1-1.png

2-1.png

my combs and bottom stack fades are weak and scattered because of all the times they've reset ;(. I did a pretty intensive group of washes over the past month; 2 boil soaks, outside out detergent, 3 hot dries till super dry. They're super soft and practically starch free, actually feels like jeans from my childhood now.

Coffee soak next, i think. The flash is exaggerating the contrast

They're 5ep LDB raws worn 2 inches large. Insane whiskers from the bagginess; I also run in these because of how comfortable they are, and all that activity and what not has made some insane knee bulges.

Coffee stain isn't a joke, these have been tea dyed with 100 bags of green tea already. I work at starbucks, coffee stain is kind of cool; ill use my favorite coffee (maybe).

After no fading for about 3 months I started fucking around with them and the fading took off. It's like 7 washes in 6 months, 2 with like a tablespoon of detergent. all hot water.

They're 5ep LDB raws worn 2 inches large. Insane whiskers from the bagginess; I also run in these because of how comfortable they are, and all that activity and what not has made some insane knee bulges.

Coffee stain isn't a joke, these have been tea dyed with 100 bags of green tea already. I work at starbucks, coffee stain is kind of cool; ill use my favorite coffee (maybe).

After no fading for about 3 months I started fucking around with them and the fading took off. It's like 7 washes in 6 months, 2 with like a tablespoon of detergent. all hot water.

if you're serious, you have to post pics post coffee soak as soon as they are dry.

why not? sugarcane has persimmon and green tea dyed jeans... I mean indigo dye is just an extraction from the indigo plant when you think about it. Not much different in principle from tea or coffee [but probably more colorfast]

I know tea has been used as a dye for centuries and all...but not after the jeans have been dyed with indigo.

japanese denim heads have been doing tea-soaks to achieve a vintage-looking ecru weft; there are threads dedicated to this very topic:

COFFEE

TEA

and stale urine played a part in indigo dying way back when; it was used to dissolve the indigo (from wiki):

A preindustrial process for dyeing with indigo, used in Europe, was to dissolve the indigo in stale urine. Urine reduces the water-insoluble indigo to a soluble substance known as indigo white or leucoindigo, which produces a yellow-green solution. Fabric dyed in the solution turns blue after the indigo white oxidizes and returns to indigo. Synthetic urea

i just saw the dopest real life fade EVAR

old black dude standing outside a mcdonalds, having a smoke

i didn't get a full look at what they were b/c i was on the bus, but i think rustlers maybe

def working man jeans

but the lap, thighs and knees were off the chain

fit was crazy, too - way slim, almost like 19s or something, but worn high

i tried to get a cell cam pic, but the bus pulled away

fuck the eternals, man

that's my new holy grail

moral of the story (and i know we all know this, but it bears repeating): repros are dope, but what's crucial is beating the shit out of whatever you have

thus endeth the lesson