The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Guest Chocodove2

SDA D1002. Got these back in April, but I can't wear them everyday because of work, so I don't know exactly how much wear. I'd say maybe 4.5 months. No wash. Love these things. I'll get natural daylight pics one day.

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

japanese denim heads have been doing tea-soaks to achieve a vintage-looking ecru weft; there are threads dedicated to this very topic:

COFFEE

TEA

and stale urine played a part in indigo dying way back when; it was used to dissolve the indigo (from wiki):

A preindustrial process for dyeing with indigo, used in Europe, was to dissolve the indigo in stale urine. Urine reduces the water-insoluble indigo to a soluble substance known as indigo white or leucoindigo, which produces a yellow-green solution. Fabric dyed in the solution turns blue after the indigo white oxidizes and returns to indigo. Synthetic urea

ah I remember the coffee thread, especially this:

my hispanic buddies who work at a denim laundry houses in l.a. soak their raws in coke or pepsi for a week. what they say is the sugars protect the indigo from fade and bleeding giving the denim a longer 'raw' look by sugar starching the jeans... yea...

Guest Chocodove2
^ why dont you wash em? they look really filthy...

They actually really aren't that bad at all. I think the slightly grey tint from the LHT and lighting is giving that impression. This is them at about 1.5 months in sunlight...same murky tint.

IMG_0074.jpg

sda's seems to keep getting better and better (that goes for a lot of jeans) each time you wash them... and 4-5 months worth of nut-sweat, that calls for a wash in my book..

Guest Chocodove2
yeah they are. i agree that a wash would be good, it would bring out a little nicer dark blue.

The thing that scares me to death is I never soaked them...they were one of my first pairs of dry and i just started wearing them. I knew I should have, but I ended up wering them all the time, and there you go. Now the y are going to be all screwed after a wash.

^ mmh, they will shrink alright and the creases will go a bit off the old crease-lines... but omg, are you seriously considering never washing these ?

its just denim..

Guest Chocodove2
^ mmh, they will shrink alright and the creases will go a bit off the old crease-lines... but omg, are you seriously considering never washing these ?

its just denim..

nah, definately going to wash them. just procrastinating.

you do the math.. started may 23rd

thought i'd wash(hot) since i start the warehouse contest today, hehe :)

i like how they shrink back to their original fit after a nice wash/hot dry.

big bulge in front-right pocket is my pocketo wallet, and on front-left is my phone.

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

1943066870_185d6ebdfa.jpg1943066854_386d9c1cb9.jpg

Bought these second hand cheap, they had barely been worn, but they were hemmed kind of weird, which I liked. I will not say the brand because I'm embarrassed to say, but they look good on me, so that's all that matters to me. Since I've had them, two months no wash.