The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Someone here said the folks at the store said they are cut slimmer than the Jomons

i tried on the sorahiko slims the other day and from i could tell they are the exact same cut as the OLD slim jomons. the NEW jomons from what an employee told me are cut a little wider.

Guest jeffvyain

ohhhhhhh man all these jap jeans are gonna be beatiful. those are looking real nice at 3 months...and those sorahikos are the shit. i'm going to go do a couple cartwheels or something out of excitement

i feel like the thigh is the same and i always thought the thigh on my sorahikos was kind of slim but the new slims have a very slight taper unlike the straightleg standard Sorahikos. i'm going to get mine this weekend i think and when i do i'll post pictures and then everyone on will say they all look the same like they always do. i was considering some Studio D'Artisan sd-103s but after trying on the Sorahiko slims and then seeing how nicely my old Sorahikos faded I figured why bother. Oh and thanks everyone for the compliments.

hmmm. are the sorahiko slims considerably slimmer than the current sorahiko cut?

ddohnggo, just to let you know incase you don't, the D-1177 is cut quite full with a high rise and thus I suspect is quite different compared to the 103's in terms of fit.

btw the Sorahikos and NDG's are setting this thread alight - props to PT and WTYM.

Guest Fade to Black

awesome sorahikos, partytaco. Those pics have inspired me to wear the shit out of mine for the upcoming year.

horriblyjollyjinx those jeans are lookin good for 3 months.

thanks everyone. As a matter of fact I don't really wear my jeans hard, mostly walk/sit/sometimes bicycling. They wear fast, I could see wear after the first one or two days, very little but I could see the change. I know they are rope dyed, maybe the threads have a big uncolored core, and the fact that they are so dark when new makes the wear more noticeable?

They are quite a snug fit which is why the whiskers look like they do.

I'm lacking a bit of thigh wear, hopefully they will lighten up soon too!

minya, you should post pics of yours, they should look great I think.

thanks for the comments. they are regular dry blue slim jims. as for the honeycombs, I took meticulous care of them. they were starched every week and when I finally washed my pair they were so deeply creased that they are still intact after 40 minutes in hot water

it is 1 month vs 2 1/2

DSCN0747-771819.JPG

DSC03088-798729.JPG

DSCN0746-708062.JPG

DSC03087-796622.JPG

sd 103's at around 2 1/2 months...of serious wear, coming along slowly but surely..really love the fit of these jeans, kind of wish i picked up another pair in tokyo...but whatever...will wash in 1 year....

was starched, then soaked to get rid of the starch..as i don't want them too unevenly distressed...

thanks for the comments. they are regular dry blue slim jims. as for the honeycombs, I took meticulous care of them. they were starched every week and when I finally washed my pair they were so deeply creased that they are still intact after 40 minutes in hot water

I guess its the lighting in the pics, but they really look like a greycast.

Heres some pics i took of my greycats slim jims They are maybe 5 months old, but ihavent worn them everyday. been wearing them really hard lately though. Wore them on a camping trip over the weekend and they got really dirt.. rolled around in the sand in them, took a nap on the beach, mountain biked a little in them, all of which which really broke them in, and now them seem to be fading and changing more rapidly.

greycast_front.jpg

greycast_back2.jpg

greycast_combs.jpg

greycast_hem.jpg

i thought i could show you my girlfriends acne raw. its the mac raw version.

worn for about 9 months before wash. remember its superslim and stretch.

unfortunally they are now really breaking a lot in beneath crotch. due to thigh wear.

dont get this new forum rules with no possible way linking images.

so here are the links

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7844/acne11cr8.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9236/acne22zy1.jpg

and my japan evisu is still going on strong.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/712/evisujapan1smallgh5.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/270/evisujapan2smallwt5.jpg

working on my new and cheap edwin nashville. got them for 70Usd, brand new with tags. but they are a bit slim for me, so it takes some time getting used to.

this is at day 1 with my also brand new visvim bag.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/Deuser/visvim1.jpg

damn, i need some more loose jeans for summer, theese edwin kills me :(

Those Evisus look really great.

Visual evidence that Evisu makes great jeans (Japanese denim at least). It's just that damn gull thing that is such a turn off.

BTW, to have pictures in your post you have to manually type the image tags.

insert image link here

the 4 images at a time still is a pain in the ass