The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Just wondering do people when they post their jeans in here give the actual amount of days/weeks/months worn, or just how long they've had the jeans?

This is a bit confusing at times.

Example, Soulcraft upthere is saying that his jeans are 8 months old but that they didn't get the amount of wear he would've liked.

Does this mean that he didn't wear them for the full 8 months?

If he would've only worn them half of the week then they would effectively only have 4 months of wear in them.

Just wondering.

Well Ido amit there is not set standard on how to define the exact amount of wear and how to represent it, I usually assume the following, taking my own post as example.

8 months means I bought the jeans in January. Not the amount of wear I would have like to give them: although they were worn every month of the aformentioned 8 months, they weren't worn every single day.

I use to keep trackof the amount of days of wear they had but at one point decided otherwise, decided it was the point where I would draw the line.

J.

Well Ido amit there is not set standard on how to define the exact amount of wear and how to represent it, I usually assume the following, taking my own post as example.

8 months means I bought the jeans in January. Not the amount of wear I would have like to give them: although they were worn every month of the aformentioned 8 months, they weren't worn every single day.

I use to keep trackof the amount of days of wear they had but at one point decided otherwise, decided it was the point where I would draw the line.

J.

I don't think anyone expects exact number of days worn or anything, just a general idea...like only worn on weekends, or in rotation with 2 other pairs...something like that.

Cool soulcraft. Did you tumble dry them at some stage? I did some testers in the drier and the leather came out like that...the indigo rubs on it and kinda reverses the logo.

Yeah I did, twice actually. They actually shrank a bit after their first dryer adventure. They only thing I regret now is that I didn't wax the leather patch at all. I'm sure the result would have been better.

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of these. I got these after my okinawas were stolen. :( I chose to get these because I wanted to take a chance with a random company. After these get worn in, I can finally start on my eternal 811s.

Had these for one month now and just got back from doing yard work and constructing a deck. They got pretty dirty and I tried to get out as much dirt as possible. I'm thinking of soaking them. y/n?

dsc01157ajz9.th.jpg dsc01160ate8.th.jpg dsc01172sa6.th.jpg

dsc01161avw4.th.jpg dsc01165akb5.th.jpg

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/wabisabi/756287/763621/#751874 <- stock for reference

edit: size 32