The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

picture034jn4.th.jpg

picture029gz1.th.jpg

picture022dg5.th.jpg

afterwards they were hot soaked in detergent, and actually shrunk some more, i the fit is alot better, tighter all around and doesnt look so dominating over my legs but i still wish it was tighter. no pictures yet of postwash as i dropped them off at selfedge to get chainstitched cause of the hem coming apart. after the pseudowash, the stiching line above the right back pocket was also coming apart :|

will probably put up pictures when i get them back from se, but they didnt really fade that much after the detergent soak, im thinking about just washing them for real and seeing what will happen.

if you can, don't wash or soak them for a while, then you'll have a lot more contrast which i think is what you want.

i think sidney's are fantastic but i want mine to be hardcore contrasted so i havent washed them in about 3 months of wear

Skull 5010 raw 7x6

9 and 1/2 months old, worn for 7 1/2

Two washes, one soak when i first got them.

I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of these, these are supposed to be workwear jeans

and they ripped in the right back pocket like a pair of sevens i had in high school...bummer.

skullznewmexi026.jpg

skullznewmexi025.jpg

skullznewmexi027.jpg

these are now house jeans until they stretch out again, they are fuckin tiiiiny on me now...but i can still get the buttons up. thanks for looking.

these are now house jeans until they stretch out again, they are fuckin tiiiiny on me now...but i can still get the buttons up. thanks for looking.

same thing happened with me... i dont even wear them anymore cuz they shrank so much after the last wash... abnout 9 months and some change in, 4 washes... theyre pretty much at the stage i want to be anyway...

I've had my Skull 5010 6x6 for as long as you have and I definitely starting to sense that they'll fall apart.

word, i like the color and all, but the more i wear them the more they fall apart on me...but hopefully they can be a once in a while jean when i get them stretched back out again.

it's been said before, but I'd think that wearing any garment for months at a time without washing is definitely going to affect its durability... I don't see why people are so shcoked that their jeans are getting damaged or are falling apart (especially when they're stretching them and putting all sorts of stress on them)

besides, it presents some interesting repair opportunities... I'd say that as long as you like the color and fit, you can make the rest of them work

I've worn these everyday to a desk job for 5 to 6 months now. They were cold soaked with dr. bronners at approx 2 months. I had one repair in the crotch area, other than that they've held up fine. Proof you dont have to bike, skate, etc. to get reasonable wear.

I think they'll look even better after their first wash.

skull016.jpg

Lookin' mighty fine, Braidkid.