The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

skull 5010XX

attempted to catch the colour just about right...maybe a little too bright in some pics but there it is.

2110088210_3b4d7bfb5f_o.jpg

now that's what i'm talking about. some nice vintage looking fades developing. none of this "i blew my crotch out and the pockets are falling off after two weeks because i hunt wild bears using my skull 5507 as my only weapon while skating 27 hours a day on the interwebz" nonesense. well done.

thanks guys.

i wear them either one of them out in most waywts i've taken, so just do a "find more posts by user" search and you'll see how they fit. the 811 is much wider than the skulls, although it doesn't look it.

i sized 1 up on my skulls because back in the day we didn't have proper fit measurements; i usually wear a 29 but my skulls are are 30. my 811s, a size 31, were sized 2 up, again because 1 year or so ago no one had any clue how these were sized. if i had to buy them again i'd just have gotten a 29 in skulls and a 30 in the 811s.

that said they offer two different fits so it's all good. if i want to go skinnier i just wear my april pants.

i know i probably started wearing the eternals in september or october last year, the skulls arrived in mid-january. so the eternals have been around for a few months longer than the skulls.

but to be honest i don't remember exactly how long i've put into each pair. i haven't really thought about it...

i held off the first wash for maybe 8 months, but after that i've been soaking and rinsing every so often in an attempt to keep them [somewhat] clean and let the fabric recover. during the first wash i soaked, then scrubbed the insides of the jeans with detergent and a brush. soaking was done with cold water, and a dash of regular detergent added. it hasn't really done the jeans any harm at all.

that's some nice evolutionz you have there, tweedles!

I know I promised u guys fit pics of my 505's way ago. Well, better late than never...

bild1772vq1.th.jpg

bild1781pl5.th.jpg

Sorry for not staightning up the last pic... I'm bad with computers.

is that a regular pair of 505s?

nice evolution!