The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Actually, giantsdrink had it right. Samurai denim gallery, and HJJ's blog have the jeans reported as the old S0710BKs (http://www.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/540681/579541/).

i dont know what the deal is then, toshiko herself said they just started entertaining the idea of 710bks, and the ones in that link arent cut like the normal 710s either. were they some weird prototype or something..

i dont know what the deal is then, toshiko herself said they just started entertaining the idea of 710bks, and the ones in that link arent cut like the normal 710s either. were they some weird prototype or something..

no. they were sold like the s5000bk's were supposed to be sold, as a limited cut back a few years ago. toshiko probably meant they re-entertained the idea. I'm not sure about the cut of the 710bk. but don't know why they would name another cut the 710 as well..

and eternals look excellent, tazza

six month holdouts are arbitrary bullshit

thanks very much. Yeah I agree these seem to be the kind of jean which favours more frequent washing. They seem to just fade quicker every time I wash them. I'll hopefully hold out anoth 2-3 month before the next wash and then start washing them every month. Bring on eternal holy grail status....!

if only those bastards made long enough inseams...

:(

lol... I know, I was pretty amazed by the length of the leg. I don't know if any of the other models come in longer leg lengths... Maybe the eternal x bears...? It's wprth a look as the denim is so so good!

Small update on ze Grifter V3's....not to much change, a bit lighter perhaps. Approx 10 months, 4 washes, 2 hot and 2 cold - hang dry. Haven't re-beeswaxed the leather yet. Employing Ryu's "letgoasyoulike" on these now.

v3104wfrontrw4.jpg

v310m4wbackdm0.jpg

v310m4wleatherzl1.jpg

My 1947 Canes, apologies for the bad lighting, there's only a weak light and it's 2:39am. They were taken on a camera phone too, so low light really kills the quality, daylight pics may soon and after a wash.

First picture was lightened up slightly, otherwise there have been no edits.

Crotch shot:

Exterior -

08092007597qq9.jpg

Interior -

08092007598sa7.jpg

Pockets:

Right pocket - (Had to patch the hole up twice after it went through a second time)

08092007600va5.jpg

Torn top and exposed rivet -

08092007601vw6.jpg

Left pocket -

08092007606sy1.jpg

Coin pocket -

08092007613bv3.jpg

Leather patch:

08092007602eb7.jpg

Front:

08092007610lr1.jpg

Back:

08092007607zo0.jpg

ah, well those look pretty straight from the knee down to me. my 710s definitely taper more than that laid flat

Didn't mean to start all this confusion! 710BK's came out in 2003:

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/detail/s0710bk.html

Definitely look like the same cut as the indigo 710's in these pics...the pics of the holy grail jeans look more like 5000's (as Dino said...the leg doesn't look to have any taper) ...but pictures can be deceiving....so whatever. ;)