The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

http://www.bluebee.com/shopbycategorygrid.aspx?l=00150119032200000000

The rocker is a more modern cut, while the classic is a more, well you guessed it, classic cut.

The Rocker is a great fit. Not exactly bootcut but not straight either. Bergdorf's began selling them last year I think. They just opened up a second shop on West Broadway in Soho.

how many washes did they have?

They get washed whenever they start to smell - three hand washes so far. I wear them maybe 4 days/week or so, and I walk a few miles a day.

They are still really dark. At this pace, it will take another year or so before they're really faded.

jooles: tora = tiger?

Yes, that's right. Tora = tiger, Kuma = bear.

Here are my EternalxBear's Tora, after about 7 months.

The true colours do not have quite as much contrast as shown in all the pictures, but the picture of the back looks about right.

dscn5395ba2.jpg

dscn5396jq4.jpg

dscn5401su9.jpg

dscn5402fi6.jpg

dscn5403wz2.jpg

dscn5410yg6.jpg

those are fucking sick

Mike, your shit looks legit too

I'm starting to get annoyed by the nudie grey. I feel like after they get worn all nudies turn sorta gunmetal instead of the multihues of blue in jap jeans.

how are peoples nudies even lasting long enough to turn grey? my jims crotch busted a big hole after < 3 months

3months_01.jpg

3months_02.jpg

3months_03.jpg

3months_04.jpg

Just some 501 STF's. Three months (tomorrow) everyday, all day. Only the first soak to shrink them. I guess I'll give them a wash in six months.

Bought these for the experience only. Trying to decide what jeans to get next. Either some Dior 21cm's or APC NS's.

Samurai S5000VX 4 months, 1 wash at 1 month (drinky vomity)

DSC00478.jpg

they're on hold until i can get the crotch holes properly patched up.

shit man, howd you wear through 17oz sams in 4 months? my 13whatever oz slim jims lasted 3, im hoping my 19 ozers will hold up longer than 4...

maybe the friction from slubbiness counter-acts the weight?

shit man, howd you wear through 17oz sams in 4 months? my 13whatever oz slim jims lasted 3, im hoping my 19 ozers will hold up longer than 4...

maybe the friction from slubbiness counter-acts the weight?

I will say it every time I get the chance. Premature wear is often from not enough washing. You get so much crap eating away at the jeans. Think of how quickly the shirt in your hockey bag wears out, sweating in it and never washing.

^yea, washing jeans often does make jeans last longer. My non-raw jeans that I wash seem to last longer, compared to those that I wash every few months.

Also, the starch speeds up the overall breaking-in process so much faster, which causes more harm than good.

Some observations I've made:

-jeans that are washed regularly, get high contrast fades

-those who don't until 6mths later, have more overall fades

I will say it every time I get the chance. Premature wear is often from not enough washing. You get so much crap eating away at the jeans. Think of how quickly the shirt in your hockey bag wears out, sweating in it and never washing.

might i ask your washing habits? frequency? wachine or hand, soap or none? i think i might start lightly washing all mine every two months or so..

-jeans that are washed regularly, get high contrast fades

-those who don't until 6mths later, have more overall fades

shouldnt it be the other way round? that goes against im guessing what the majority of superfuture would say.