The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Thanks for the comments everyone. Numero_uno_3xl, intoxicated or sober, they're around 5 months. I washed some nudie jeans in October and got started on these shortly after. Horriblyjollyjinx, thanks for the advice, I can't find the 45rpm instructions anymore either. I think they took them off their new site, but I remember reading them over and over when I thought my last pair was going to split. I'm looking forward to trying to patch these up though, I've grown quite attached to them and I'm planning on wearing them a lot longer (I tried them on damp after the soak...the denim looks great and the fit is way better now). Kixslf, when I used to skate I always ripped though my pants at the knees or the crotch (before I was into this whole fancy pants jeans stuff) so I feel your pain. Justinbaily21, I'm a designer, so I just sit at a computer all day. I do put my ankle on my knee and fidget around while I'm working a lot...maybe this has something to do with it? But nothing special, just the same routine every day at work. And Watchman, running from the police is somthing I hope to never have to do again in my life...I'm glad you and your eternals got away, they look great.

I'll post some pictures soon of the denim after they totally dry. While still damp, they're showing a sort of cross pattern to the weave that looks really nice. I tried them on and for the most part the wear marks in the front still line up...I'll have to see how the honeycombs look when they're dry enough to cuff again.

Guest jeffvyain

eternals and 5000s look great guys. i can't believe you got that much creasing out of those 5000s. i suppose the whole ankle on the knee thing would explain the very pronounced creases down the thighs. i've never had lines there...probably has something to do with me being so inflexible that i can't sit in that position...or indian style...

Those 505s are looking nice. I just started wearing mine about 3 months ago and I am loving the fading already. How does the zipper hold up. That was my only concerns when buying them. As of now I don't notice any problem with the zipper.

do people still starch? I swear that starching is not really neccessary, as your jeans can tell. I guess it depends how the jeans fit on people.

yes ppl still starch!

his are RAW, didn't soak his, so they'd be no point in starching bcuz they're already starched

my canes and lvc's after the initial soak were semi rigid, then after a short time became really soft...thats where the starch comes in :P

took some pics of my very uninspiring Nudie SJ Greycasts,

Washed after about 3 months worth of wear, i'd guess.

Washed them because i was getting bored with them and unhappy with the color the were developing.

Hardly worn them since the wash because i wasnt happy with the color/overall appearance of them.

But damn, do SJs ever fit nice.

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

took some pics of my very uninspiring Nudie SJ Greycasts,

Washed after about 3 months worth of wear, i'd guess.

Washed them because i was getting bored with them and unhappy with the color the were developing.

Hardly worn them since the wash because i wasnt happy with the color/overall appearance of them.

But damn, do SJs ever fit nice.

3 months isn't that long. They are starting to look good and look like they have some potential. Don't give up that easily.