The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Another update before vacation and a sea water wash for my Okinawas...

They were mad oily from working on my bike this past weekend. The thighs were completely black.

Wore them in the shower then tossed them into the dryer for an hour.

DSC00155-2.jpg

DSC00156-1.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

I love seeing the deep indigo inbetween fades...

DSC00160-2.jpg

Dope honeycombs huh icon11.gif

Note: Thighs arent THAT faded, as pictured in the first pic. As usual, lighting sucks. (left thigh)

Edit* Du-mas.

DSC00163-1.jpg

Helmut Lang Straight-fit

88493144kr8.jpg

Expect updates. I might get them tapered before I wear them though.

edit denim photoshoot for kixslf:

62486996ax8.jpg

19517877lb9.jpg

the fit on those looks awesome! i've been trying to get down to the store to try some on, im gonna cross my fingers that they fit as well on me as they do on you. did you size up/down?

the fit on those looks awesome! i've been trying to get down to the store to try some on, im gonna cross my fingers that they fit as well on me as they do on you. did you size up/down?

I got mine on ebay, so all I know is they're from '97 and whoever sold me them said they were a 28x32. They feel a bit loose on the waist so I'd reccomend sizing down if you find a pair.

DDML - those are inspiring. I am just waiting for mine to arrive from 2000db. A few questions - how many times have they been washed (assuming that they have been)? What kind of soap do you use? What kind of wear do you put them through? How did you soak them when you got them?

thanks

- washed first at 4 months with sc detergent in a machine on delicate, cold. soaked in sc treatment 20 mins. drip dry. repeated 5 months later, except cold handwash.

- treated patch w/ obenauf LP

- worn everydayish for first 4 months; once or twice a week for next 5 months; i hiked in these jeans, nothing hardcore

- smackadog cold-soaked them for 2 hours, but they didn't fit him. so i got them in a gentle one-wash state.

e4c39fd0a02.jpg ecb5ae0eb47.jpgwhiskersvo4.jpg

I figured 6 months is a good time to post an update...

These were washed at 3 months (truly stank), and have been washed twice more since then. Every time has been machine washed with powder. I wore them pretty much everday for the first 4-5 months, but have eased off them a bit since then. Probably every second day now. Anyway on with the pictures:

With flash, reasonable representation of true colour:

IMG_0470.jpg

The rest are without flash, and a better representation of true colour and fading I think:

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

Now gimme some rep!

DDML - those canes are looking beautiful. Makes me wanna focus more on the dyeing process rather than the cut when I buy my next pair.

I figured 6 months is a good time to post an update...

These were washed at 3 months (truly stank), and have been washed twice more since then. Every time has been machine washed with powder. I wore them pretty much everday for the first 4-5 months, but have eased off them a bit since then. Probably every second day now. Anyway on with the pictures:

With flash, reasonable representation of true colour:

The rest are without flash, and a better representation of true colour and fading I think:

IMG_0475.jpg

Now gimme some rep!

DDML - those canes are looking beautiful. Makes me wanna focus more on the dyeing process rather than the cut when I buy my next pair.

The Imperials are killin this thread. I'm wearing my Dukes right now, but they're about three months away from a six-month wash. The thighs, knees, and my wallet pocket look great already, but I'm not posting in this thread until mine look more like these.