The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Another cross-post from the 501 stf contest. I love the structure on these, but it's been such a miserable year for work, so they are only starting to really break through. No more than 5-6 months on them, tops :(

501finalf3.jpg501finalb3.jpg

Mall Brand status.

Thought I'd put up a few pics of my Banana Republic jeans just for the hell of it. They are/were raw Japanese selvage, with about 10 solid months of wear and about 5 washings. They've been a real bitch to fade, so nothing very spectacular. I've worn them through 3 or 4 room demolition projects in my house, which consists of ripping out lathe and plaster, rewiring, trim removal and restoration, etc. I've tried to beat the hell out of them. They've had one crotch repair and could use some repair down by the hems. As of yesterday, they were basically grey from plaster dust, so I threw them in for a hot wash.

jeans1.jpg

jeans2yb.jpg

jeans3u.jpg

jeans4.jpg

Mall Brand status. Banana Republic. They are/were raw Japanese selvage. They've been a real bitch to fade

I'm with ya, my Gap skinny selvedge have gotten to a point of being really partially faded, and have been that way for the last two months. i really want them to fade more, but i feel like i'm only wearing away at seams and such. whatever though, they were cheap hahh

Someone asked for more detailed pictures. I guess because my camera sucks so much haha. washed after the last pictures.

4237115435_29919b5ba7_m.jpg

4237118165_64aca91030_m.jpg

4237116159_6ebdda2ce6_m.jpg

Heres my inner pocket repaired with selvage samurai denim. The inside pocket was ripped about 4 inches and I would have just repaired it with just stiching but there was just so much frayed.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4237110195_93a0a8e2ab_o.jpg

(large image)

im getting some s5000bks from a member on here so these will probably won't be worn as much anymore. (probably the last pictures of these fully worn)

great stuff in the last couple pages, must spread rep first before ++

@musicdead and LC-miley. - not a fan of skinny jeans really, but both of your fades look A+. + rep

dude's stfs are proof that any raw denim worn hard will look good with time.

eh...pretty true but i think... how to put this. 501 stf > banana republic. :P no offense zissou but they just are

not runway enough
. lol just joking. the jeans are unique and have some interesting wear, but i wonder what a pair of 501's would have looked like, put through the same remodel(s).

@ zissou(not critiquing your style or anything at all. just using ur pair to illustrate a point.)

PEACE.

just washed my diors 19cm mij. thought i could take some pictures. i've owned them for 2.5 years, worn for 8 months straight then occasionally. washed like 5 or 6 times.

img6293d.jpg

img6297.jpg

just washed them and gained some weight lately .... in a couple of weeks they'll be loose again.

i hemmed them last year, and then the hem got completly trashed so i cut it with scissors and stitched. bad move i know.

i wear my diors very seldomly anyway, like once every couple of weeks, or to hang around at home.

just washed them and gained some weight lately .... in a couple of weeks they'll be loose again.

i hemmed them last year, and then the hem got completly trashed so i cut it with scissors and stitched. bad move i know.

i wear my diors very seldomly anyway, like once every couple of weeks, or to hang around at home.

what happened to the back pocket. it looks white