The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

xposted from Oni thread...

Oni Blues close to 6 months of wear. Worn almost every day, rain or shine. 1 hot soak at beginning. 1st wash on 9/23. Started wear 4/6. Looking good so far. Fading starting to quicken after first wash! My cousin holding em up in Sammies...

n26309820_32710004_6547.jpg

n26309820_32710005_6879.jpg

Levis 501xx 31-34

Purchase, and initial hot-soak 8/1/2007.

Hot Soaked :

2/26/2008

6/15/2008

Machine washed inside out in hot water and hang dryed:

7/13/2008

Worn more frequently now, but at first 2-3 days a week.

I am horrible with a camera, but here goes...

point and shoot + 'autofix' on photobucket:

DSCN2799.jpg

DSCN2801.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

DSCN2806.jpg

DSCN2803.jpg

Edwin Nashvilles -- Nine months of wear, washed once after about six months. A few repairs around the crotch area made with indigo threads plucked from a raw offcut...seems to work fairly well if you can nip the rips in the bud, but it's a bit time-consuming.

Edwins_02_Front_01.jpg

Edwins_02_Back_01.jpg

Edwins_02_Front_02.jpg

Edwins_02_Back_02.jpg

Edwins_02_Combs_02.jpg

Edwins_02_Combs_01.jpg

what do you have going on in the coin pocket? these are very pretty

yeah, with the Edwins there's some variation in the lighting conditions. Funnily enough, the "unnatural" saturated blue colour is probably the more accurate. When I washed them the water was cornflower blue instead of the usual murky green/brown. Those terracotta tiles probably make the blue jump out a bit more, too.

mondo, nice edwins. I think the color looks great. I like how vibrant they are.

Also, where's the belt from?

Caddrel, I'm a little confused comparing the initial pic with the current pic. In the second pic you have a lot of stacking, but in the first one it's barely any. Where'd it come from? It doesn't look like you're sagging them much differently, and it's not like you're wearing chunky shoes to boost them up.

btw, not harping, just curious. They look dope.

mondo, nice edwins. I think the color looks great. I like how vibrant they are.

Also, where's the belt from?

Caddrel, I'm a little confused comparing the initial pic with the current pic. In the second pic you have a lot of stacking, but in the first one it's barely any. Where'd it come from? It doesn't look like you're sagging them much differently, and it's not like you're wearing chunky shoes to boost them up.

btw, not harping, just curious. They look dope.

Im not sure but the denim softened up so it falls more? Thats my guess :confused:

Comparing the two you can see that the stacking is more spread out in the early pic, because of the stiffer denim. Right now there's a good amount of stacking but its settled down closer to the feet. Also the shoes are hightops, and make a pretty big difference vs barefoot.

Rather bored so i thought i'd share my 517's too

Bought exactly one year ago.

Washed/soaked several times as these were my work jeans from October to very early January of 08'.

Worn quite a bit less now that I am working on my 5o3's and 5o1s.

forgive my adjustments. I am just trying to adjust to paint the best picture, my photography and editing skills suck.

517 28-32

10/3/07-10/4/08

atleast 8 machine washes

15-20 soaks

DSCN2824.jpg

DSCN2827.jpg

though i always hang dry, i've machine washed the too many times for any real 'combs

DSCN2826-1.jpg

DSCN2831.jpg

DSCN2832.jpg

DSCN2830.jpg