The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

I've had my skulls resewn twice because the threads break and come loose. Great cut and quality denim.... terrible, cheap threads.

I am pretty sure the stitching was made weak on purpose player. I may b wrong, but I remember reading that the designer of skull likes the look of repaired jeans. I also remember hearing that they were going to come out with a new version that has stronger threadz yo.

Here's my first Nudie RRDS, washed and pretty much retired al long time ago. Sorry if the pictures are a little large.. And numerous. :)

CRW_8723.jpg

CRW_8728.jpg

CRW_8724.jpg

CRW_8731.jpg

CRW_8725.jpg

CRW_8726.jpg

CRW_8729.jpg

CRW_8730.jpg

CRW_8732.jpg

Some really really nice denimz on this thread. Like a breath of fresh air from seeing only two-week old Nudies walking around the streets in my town.

I am pretty sure the stitching was made weak on purpose player. I may b wrong, but I remember reading that the designer of skull likes the look of repaired jeans. I also remember hearing that they were going to come out with a new version that has stronger threadz yo.

Not made weak on purpose, but made with 100% cotton thread for the purpose of authenticity (when it comes to old school Levi's.) I do remember Shinichi saying something along the lines of, he likes the customer/retailer relationship when people need to have their beat up jeans repaired -- Fabfour stores do any and all repairs free of charge on Skull jeans. Doesn't work out so well for us outside of Japan, of course, but what can you do! When I started wearing out a spot in the crotch, I e-mailed Shinichi and he sent me a full denim repair kit free of charge, including some denim scraps and the same threads used in making the jeans so it looked clean.

Also, either him or kiya once said that Skull will be offering 50/50 cotton/poly blend thread in the "future"