The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Very nice dkatz. Those are Cone denim. The 1909 that Cassette's website refers to is the year 1909. Cone's archives shows a dyeing method utilized in that year when Cone did not yet patent the continuous long chain indigo dyeing method. They basically took the warps and dyed it in a vat. Took them out to dry, then dunked it back in the same vat. This obviously caused striations/streaky shade. It also created a beautiful inconsistency.

This modern shade "1909" uses the continuous long chain dyeing, aka rope dyeing, to pay tribute to the old method. It is Cone's darkest pure indigo out of the USA facility.

One question, is this selvage?

Thanks for all the info! I had no idea these were Cone denim... makes me regret hemming them even more, hah. I can definitely tell just by feel and look that the denim is pretty fantastic quality.

Sadly, no... they're not selvage. I'm actually not a big fan of the selvage Cassettes - they put selvage edging on the welt pockets on the back, which is a bit obnoxious for my tastes.

I suppose it's a question of taste. Are you sufficiently interested in impressing strangers on the internet whom you've never met with the super-badassness of your fades even if it means you smell like a homeless man and scare away any possibility of sex you may come across? :)

this made me laugh most people around my area i never even seen wear drys.

Hard to follow poly....

X-post from Sam Redux

Wrangler Jins 5 months, second wash and sun dryed. They look a bit darker in the post wash pics because they're probably still sorta wet (patch is still dark so I'm guessing it is)

Pre-wash

vpi0dj.jpg

6gc2yo.jpg

i4l3rr.jpg

k3kb5k.jpg

Post-wash

2lmqi6r.jpg

200bvpx.jpg

m9xgyo.jpg

10hq34h.jpg

2hfrl9v.jpg

33pewbd.jpg

coss post with skulls thread : just gave my Skulls their 6th hot machine wash ; 3 days shy from 1 year of continous wear. natural sunlight

f_Picture007m_a6f3b4e.jpg

f_Picture008m_549fdb3.jpg

Casper, look very promising, would you mind crossposting those into this thread?

Thanks!

Done, and thanks Duck! I think for my next pair I'll beat up some SC Union Stars or Duckdiggzz, I like going against the current. It's nice to see how a pair of jeans fade that a bunch of other people aren't working on (no hate of course) and it might inspire others to venture out a bit.

Cheers

Samurai 710.

10-11 months of wear. Maybe around 8 washes.

Not any dramatic changes since the last update, but they´ve gotten considerably lighter i color. I´m thinking about retiring them.

Photo in natural light. Color is pretty accurate.

frontpn8.jpg

backap8.jpg