The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

those 003's are gorgeous. Didn't think you would get too much fading due to the fit, but they are really great. Lots of different colors running through there.

I'm a big guy and also sized down, so it fits fairly well. Still, they are too loose around the knees to get any great honeycombs. :(

RRL slim fit 29x32

bought them in may 07 actual wear around 10 month

one wash from factory

one soak at home

and one wash yesterday

picture taken at natural sun light

machine wash with hang dry in the garage, stretch almost 2 inches in waist and shrink back to tag size after dry, color still pretty dark after wash

Pre wash

33cumv5.jpg

7162ro.jpg

Post wash

1gq3ph.jpg

v5wbkg.jpg

Fitted pic

160rcjl.jpg

I hate how a lot of these black jeans dont have black/gray stitching like the 5000bks

amen. thats been my biggest pet peeve, ive bought both the 710bk and 4001bk and then sold them both because of the damn orange stiching just making them look more like normal blue jeans. im finally going to commit to a pair of 5000bks i think for this reason. black jeans should be ALL black, period.

amen. thats been my biggest pet peeve, ive bought both the 710bk and 4001bk and then sold them both because of the damn orange stiching just making them look more like normal blue jeans. im finally going to commit to a pair of 5000bks i think for this reason. black jeans should be ALL black, period.

why no mention of imperial dukes/kings?

Imperial denim sucks... IMO.

Look back at most of the evo pics... they seem so flat and... boring.

i have to respectfully disagree with you on the imperials. while they do take a longer, harder wear to break in they turn out some spectacular fades.

likes these:

You've seen these already a month ago, but I decided to wash them so here they are before:

11ls8cz.jpg

amrvbq.jpg

And after.

33u51du.jpg

351eqmb.jpg

I preferred them before the wash, so I'm gonna pound on them for another few months to get that filthiness back.

I appreciate that you dug an exceptional pair to prove me wrong... I agree, that is a nice pair of jeans... and will also admit that the pair a member posted before that belonged to a customer of his were pretty nice too...

At the same time tho, a lot of details on Imperials just make me dislike them (probably why I was so biased against their denim).. the arcuates, the double stiching on the inseam, and what seems like poly-cotton thread (theyre still so bright orange while the denim is faded)...

I guess to me, they just seem closer to the Nudie spectrum of the denim pool, than to the Eternal side...

/end ignorant rant....

why no mention of imperial dukes/kings?

like dex said, i dont know, sorta just dont feel em.. and all the pairs ive seen (indigo) that have been all faded and people go bananas over ive never personally remembered enjoying. i dont know, s5000bks look much more appealing to me. plus, i like thicker denim. 14.5oz is as low as id like to go, so 17z is better, you also gotta be skinny to wear them thangs. ive put on a few pounds this summer