The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

...Samurai S710XX

These have ~2 months of wear after the initial hot soak. I think they have some descent fades for pretty much just being worn to and from class. Prolly won't get much wear for a while...19oz is a lil heavy for cinci summer. These pics are pretty accurate representations (except the second one...too light).

DSCN0875.JPG

DSCN0866.JPG

DSCN0876.JPG

DSCN0869.JPG

ps...those nudies are disgusting

...LVC 1947 501XX

These have ~3 months of wear after the orignal hot soak. I am gonna try to get another 3 months of wear outta them before the first hot wash. Like the S710XX they pretty much have been used exclusively for walking to and from class. I am very pleased with the early progress.

LVC%201947%20front%20June%2008.jpg

LVC%201947%20Back%20June%2008.jpg

DSCN0874.JPG

I threw up from drinking two 211 steel reserve 40oz and had to machine wash them within the first month! It fucking sucked but they turned out nice. After that first wash though, I didn't wash them for probably 7 months or so.

About the helmut langs, they were dark shiny black when I first bought them. I thought they were raw but it turns out that they weren't.

But all three jeans look much better in person and even better when worn, the langs and diors fit like they were tailor made just for my legs.

And the Imperials are going to come out amazing, I was jumping a fence to leave school and I guess I was too faded and didn't jump it clean. Some wire caught onto the back part where the combs were forming and it tore a little bit. I went home still faded from that kush and sewed it ASAP. You can see it in the back picture of the jeans but I'll post better pictures and more stories some other time.

And thanks for all the compliments! I used to be a member here waaaaaaaay back when I bought my first pair of APCs, those came out fucking epic and I sold them for more than I bought em for! Anyway, I'm out. Peace.

Guest kyotousa
the cut is based off the apc cure

Is it? that's pretty cool....why don't you guys just get the cure, hella lot cheaper :D

Well, you don't get the Dior name that's for sure.

People don't really get the diors instead of apcs because they like the brand name better, they just prefer the cut. Although it is based off of the apc cure, it is still quite different.

for instance (if i'm not mistaken) inseam is quite a bit longer.. good for stacking :)

also theres a (noticeable) step between total non-embellishment like apc's and even a branding-specific stitch across the back pocket.

Guest kyotousa
The diors are darted, longer, have a more serious taper, fade less naturally, stretch less, boxier top block, ect.

If you want more serious taper wouldn't new cure take care of that? Anyway...maybe, I don't have one anyway. They look pretty damn similar to me.