The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

This is my new pair of jeans, a new swedish brand whit the name "Denim Demon".

The model is like LVC 44 or 47, but a little bit more narrow.

Made in Italy.

Selvage.

Pair 65 of 286.

I have worn them for two days now...

P1000622-1.jpg

P1000623.jpg

those jeans look interesting. interesting take on the arcute....

arent they 2% spandex as well?

that can contribute to that

I don't know what model they are, but most men's H&M jeans are 100% cotton as far as I know. Probably a starching would indeed help, because creases don't seem to be forming much... I have the same problem with a pair of Diesels that I'm going to starch... I've got lap and thigh crease fading aplomb, but they're refusing to form much in the way of combs.

Finally decided to wash the PBJ's.

Little over 5 months, some holes starting to form, decided to give them a hot wash and chronicle the adventure.

First picture i have of them

490h838.jpg

Before pictures

2ur4i1z.jpg

2z69itk.jpg

2ufequt.jpg

4crx2k3.jpg

The Set Up - 2 rocks, hot bath tub water, some boiling water, some powder detergent, and a spoon to stir

3482dde.jpg

35ndaur.jpg

The boiling water i added to the tub

49j34w0.jpg

Getting my mom to do some of the work

2mwcv0h.jpg

After about 2 hours of soaking, before the rinse

4cm4kds.jpg

carl- pbjs look sick...so much so it inspired me to post my own pics (although I haven't gotten the denim photography down yet)

now that I finally have another pair to rotate in...

RRDS, ~8 months, (really 6 because i didn't do much wearing during the summer), 1 hot wash

got some funky rips in the combs and serious saggy-ass lines under the pockets, probably expedited by the ridiculous amount of bike riding I did during the fall semester

DSC03515.jpg

DSC03516.jpg

carl you are a liar. I spoke to him earlier...blah balh blah, they arent THAT great....lol. Those look amazing my friend. Fine documentation as one would come to expect from you. I can only hope mine end up looking anywhere neer that cool.

props.

They shrank a considerable amount. To the point where they will be worn solely around the house until they stretch. Kind of wished i had sized up now. Oh well.

Oh god no...

You bought yours raw, right? Mine were purchased one wash, and I don't think I could survive any really serious shrinking given my current girth.

But those look really good. I think you have second place on lock.

I think they are quick fading, especially compared to apc, ive worn mine for a week or so everyday, and already the back pockets edges are fading, this took months for the apcs. I love em, the fabric is pretty ace, id like to see some onis, the oni thread gives me the impression that the latter have slubbier "better" denim. John11f's onis look sick.

I don't know what model they are, but most men's H&M jeans are 100% cotton as far as I know. Probably a starching would indeed help, because creases don't seem to be forming much... I have the same problem with a pair of Diesels that I'm going to starch... I've got lap and thigh crease fading aplomb, but they're refusing to form much in the way of combs.

Yea it would help to kno what model

but i have black sliqs that are 2% spandex

I know theyll never fade

so i wear them for more "formal" events

Carl- very nice

I think they are quick fading, especially compared to apc, ive worn mine for a week or so everyday, and already the back pockets edges are fading, this took months for the apcs. I love em, the fabric is pretty ace, id like to see some onis, the oni thread gives me the impression that the latter have slubbier "better" denim. John11f's onis look sick.

thanks viv but carl's pbj's sick as well!

I made the mistake of a cold soak and not a hot soak when i first got them. Im pretty sure if you used the hot soak method you should be fine. Enough wear around the house should hopefully stretch them back to normal.

khaltire - I was hoping for a little more contrast, but im sure ill get that if i wear them more.

Head - Damn, if mine are second i cant wait to see what yours look like...post some pics!

The day that I purchased my PBJ-006's Gordon had a one-wash pair in the same size and comparing them side by side there was like a 3-4 inch difference in length. This convinced me to do a pre-soak to avoid just the problem that carl describes.

Head - Damn, if mine are second i cant wait to see what yours look like...post some pics!

I'd love to, but unfortunately I don't have a camera right now. Looking at mine and comparing to yours though, you've got a lot more fading on the slanty lines down the front of the leg (I have almost no creasage there), but I think I have more lap action. The combs are still anyone's game. The problem is, I think I've had my a pair a little longer, so I need to step up my intensity.

What happened to Mizanation? Is he still in Asia?