The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

THanks. Initial soak and three washes I think. AS far as the crease on the back... I have no idea, but I might have seen it on other jeans of mine so perhaps it's a peculiarity of my misshpapen physique...

For my money this is my favourite Cone fabric... it has a different character at every stage, in the early days it's a very black blue, with a fair amount of crocking, a bit like Sammies, but they don't fade anything like as quick, and eventually you seem to get this real 3-D, subtle fade, rather than exaggerated slubbiness.

I think I've seen Warehouse that look better (altho other people's jeans often look better than your own) but these are maybe my fave fades of anything I've owned.

THis is them at one wash, six months.

1955croponewash.jpg1955bum.jpg

christ, some crazy pairs on this page.

Paul T, cant rep you but that must be the best proof that LVC denim can fade as beautifully ad any other Japanese repro brand.

Warehouse, Flat Head and apcs looking real sexy as well!

dsc00667s.jpg

這件Joe McCOY 901 穿到目前大約已經八個月多,因為後期的三個多月並不太經常穿所以進度略有延誤

前幾天終於不在下雨後下水洗了,苦於三天沒有網路可以使用只好今天才PO出來

整體來說這件因為褲型修正成偏窄的版型褲檔也較短、腰臀部較合身

因此大腿關節前方的皺摺比自己穿的前一件Real McCOY S613XH 多一些

而這款Joe McCOY 901 使用的染料對於棉質的色牢度頗強,在經歷前面半年左右的連續穿著、洗滌下

仍然沒有明顯的染色脫落現象

dsc00672oh.jpg

照片的顏色與實際褲子沒有太大的落差,因此總算可以看出大致上這款901在使用過後初步的色落

dsc00674gf.jpg

dsc00671f.jpg

正面小口袋依循前例又再度被打火機的邊緣銳角磨破,另外小口袋的右上角車縫線因為之前自己不慎也刮斷後破裂

自己還胡亂的車補了起來

dsc00675z.jpg

褲管外側布邊所造成的痕跡也逐漸明顯中

dsc00679x.jpg

自己特別注意到的焦點是這次發覺新係列Joe McCOY 的銅鉚釘在穿用、洗滌後氧化的效果竟然是自己所穿過所有的褲子中

與老的 “ XX " 級LEVI'S 501上銅鉚釘最相近的

dsc00680o.jpg

褲子背面的照片可以看出兩邊褲管因為布料的縮水程度頗高所以兩邊褲管呈現常見的扭轉、不對稱現象

dsc00682i.jpg

後面腰、臀部各處車縫產生的皺摺磨痕暫時自己都算滿意,而且各處磨損的狀況也都因使用的習慣有合理的表現

dsc00684i.jpg

又後方口袋因為長時間放一串鑰匙所以有磨損特別厲害的跡象

dsc00685y.jpg

這是目前皮牌的狀況

dsc00687vi.jpg

可能是自己變胖了所以後面各處的皺摺都有比以往磨損更多的跡象

dsc00688c.jpg

dsc00689k.jpg

褲腳車縫產生的強烈皺摺幾乎現在已經是自己在操作機器調整後修改下的“招牌效果“了

dsc00692h.jpg

joe McCOY 901的布料經過穿用後色落呈現出細細的縱絡虛線,不誇張但是很有老褲子的感覺

so i had a bit of time on my hands and wanted to practice the chinese i learnt a while back so i translated this for all you. should be accurate, but if anyone can tell that there were mistakes, please correct them. these are so beautiful it was worth the effort. hope the original poster doesnt mind. all rep should go to the guy here cheers.

dsc00667s.jpg

these Joe McCoy 901s have been worn for around 8 months but because i have not been wearing them much for the last 3 months, there has been little evolution on them. it stopped raining the past few days so i decided to give them a wash. because of the gloom over the past 3 days, i could only photograph them today.

because these are were altered slimmer (not too sure if that is true but that was what i read from what he wrote) and were hemmed shorter, they are more fitted at the waist and bum (direct translation but i think it means back rise). they are wider than what i am used to at the thighs compared to my S613XH. these Joe Mccoy 901s were dyed with a dark indigo, hence there was hardly any evo after wash even after 6 months.

dsc00672oh.jpg

you can tell from the picture, the colours from the original raw state of the denim since they didnt fade much at some parts.

dsc00674gf.jpg

dsc00671f.jpg

the wear on the coin pockets were largely caused by the lighter i had placed inside. on the top right corner of the coin pocket, they were self patched after i accidentally tore them.

dsc00675z.jpg

you can get an idea of the traintracks that were formed in this picture. they are starting to fade nicely.

dsc00679x.jpg

from this image, you can tell that the rivets became oxidised after my many washes and from my own observations, these are the most identical to the levis 501xx range that i have handled.

dsc00680o.jpg

you can tell from the above image that some leg twist has occurred which resulted in the uneven legs.

dsc00682i.jpg

i am pretty satisfied with the fading on the back part of the jeans, including the wear and tear of the threads.

dsc00684i.jpg

the wear and tear here was caused by me leaving a bunch of keys in the backpocket.

dsc00685y.jpg

here is how the leather patch evolved.

dsc00687vi.jpg

this wear and tear could have been caused by my weight gain because they are more worn out compared to my other jeans.

dsc00688c.jpg

dsc00689k.jpg

the intense roping here was a result of the chainstitch hem that i performed on them with adjustments to my sewing machine. (i couldnt tell if he did the chainstitch hem on them himself)

dsc00692h.jpg

these real mccoy denim fades not with high contrast but with rather subtle and the vintage "feel" of fades.