Kanye, Graduation. Right Now.

Halifamous

damn ur catching on to somethin innit??? obviously you are the master of taastes..

please explain music to me...i'll paypal u $1

Yeah broseph, I've never met someone who has such musical expertise in early-21st century Hip-Hop.

Are you Jesus by any chance?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before, shit needs more electro. If T-Pain helped him with every track and the production work was half as original as some of the stuff off of his other albums he might be onto something (or at least half as catchy). On top of that, the generally poor quality of the lyrics on this just dragged it too far down to be worth a third, or practically even a second, playthrough.

Otherwise, yeah. Fairly boring but good for boosting my OiNK ratio.

needed el hyphytittical lynx.....

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

STILL NEEDED LYNX

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am a big kanye west fan but i am truly disappointed with mr west's third installation.

i geniunely love college dropout and late registration but this doesnt cut it.

lyrically its like kanye west ran out of rhymes for this third album... the soul feel sampling that the beats had in his previous work is gone its all like pop.

hooks are often corny and seemed forced. big brother is pretty embarassing.

the album still has its good spots though like cant tell me nothing, everything i am and no doubt ill get pumped listening to stronger. but it is not what i expected, i feel its more like a pop album than hip hop.

pretty average. :/

Barry Bonds is growing on me... only real bummers of songs are Drunk And Hot Girls (obviously) and Big Brother... outside of those two, very musically solid, but yea the lyrics are a bit off.

Right now, I'd have to give it a 7/10 - for reference, College Dropout to me was a 9 and Late Registration an 8-8.5

After listening to the album 3 times today during work, Id have to say that this album receives a 7.5/10 for me..

Kanye definitely did a way better job on production on late registration and College dropout, this is not to say that this album didnt have any good productions.. Songs like "I wonder", "flashing lights" "good life f/ T-pain" showed off Kanye's sample talents... The michael Jackson sample from "P.Y.T." on good life was crazy.. I loved it and it really gave it a bit of a retro yet modern sound..

Songs like Barry Bonds feat Lil Wayne just seemed so rushed..I was even shocked by the lyrics which lil wayne spit considering that he can really lay it down on the mic.. He didnt even do shit on barry bonds and neither did Kanye..

I mean if you're going to feature top artists, at least take your time with it.and make it worth wile...Like I prefered hearing Chris Martin on Jayz's "Beach Chair" than this shit "Homecoming" but this is just me..

Lyrics: 7..could do much better here..On songs like "cant tell me nothin" he tore it up..

Production: 8.. I think he did fairly well in this area, but as many have complained about here, it couldve been much better coming from a man of such talent in producing beats.

Featured Artists: 6.5..I'm all for Mos Def but i beleive that he chose Chris Martin only because Jay did it first..And we can all notice that Kanye is on Jay with the song "big brother"..

Overall: 7.5/10..Personally, I still think that this album will surpass that of 50 cents album, although 50's tracks are quite hot like "ayo technology" produced by Timbaland (honestly one of the best producers out there, if not the best..J dilla too)..Im eagerly awaiting " The Cool" from Lupe Fiasco.. That's going to be a HOT album..

Food and Liquor was fire, so im expecting only better from The cool..Kanye should take some lessons in terms of lyrics from Lupe..Cuz lupe can spit some fire and he's real about it... "american terrorist".. Enough said

oink has it. i have to say this has to be some of the worst cover art i've ever seen, if its actually the true cover art. still haven't listened to the album. one sec and i'll show the cover.

ok here it is:

51gous2bgj2lss500qd6.jpg

I just read the tags - I wonder if Kanye only had Murakami do the cover cause of his affiliation with LV?

if anyone has an explicit version including the retail/itunes ver. of bittersweet and "goodnight outro" link it pls. i only have the explicit with 13 tracks.

this album, is real short compared to his last two, but really great production. i find that this album featured synths mostly. his lyrics and delivery i agree w/ most of y'all and i'm tired of his boastful, label dropping and repetitive shit.

early thoughts...

+ whoever allowed 'drunk + hot girls' to make the album should be fired.

+ the big-ups for 'good life' could not be more unfounded...t-pain ruins the tune.

+ the duet with douchemaster chris martins is surprisingly good.

+ 'good morning' and 'barry bonds' are favs at the moment.

Drunk and Hot Girls is one of the worst things I've ever heard. Kanye doesn't even get my props for sampling Can. It's inexcusable.

The rest of the album, is really good. Critics don't seem to really care for it at this time (NY Times ripped him a new ass in this morning's Arts section), but fuck 'em.

t-pain makes the tune. r u crazy. he's got the the hottest hooks right now.

i don't like his talentless ass either, but i can admit the above.

T-Pain aint that bad of a singer.. I saw him live on Jay Leno and he sounded on point, nothing special but hes got a good voice without the sound effect their using on him. The T-Pain's hook is what makes that song in my opinion, of course there's a hell lot of synths in the background that make it sound sick but to me its pretty catchy either way in that aspect of it..

Overall, a very good album. I was disappointed with the first few songs except the singles, but when I heard the last half it just blew my mind away. Big Brother is the best song on the album IMO. I don't care what anyone thinks about that song, it's nice that someone even like Kanye has someone to look up to. Also that he's willing to put his rep on the line to show his love to the don, something that many rappers would do. He brings that funny in it that he's known for too.