Kanye, Graduation. Right Now.

Halifamous

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanye took a more mature approach to this. It took me at least 3 times for me to grow into it. Good Morning is a great intro though lol... But still no match to the song, "Be" he did for common.

The only track I skip is the drunken hot girls track. I was pretty pissed Mos didnt have a verse on it.

I dont know why people hate Barry Bonds.. I like the beat.. Very grimey, but I agree.. Wayne sucked and Kanye's verses werent so great lmao.

Overall a solid album.

• 1 month later...

since someone revived this outdated thread im gonna spit my shit:

Bottomline? This was a mainstream album created to intrigue a white audience.

When I first heard this album I was extremely disappointed in Kanye. However, after hearing a surprisingly large amount of people hum "Good life" and noticing its lyrics in countless away messages, I understand what Kanye did.

He watered down his style and made it excessable to some of the upper dumber walks of life. The average person can identify with his unstriking qausi feelgood themes. He switched the struggling black man undertones out of his tracks in exchange for the coonish materialistic one.

So in regards to genuinely good hiphop, its not a bad album, but its not all that good either. But todays mainstream wise, kanye kicked some heavy good livin ass.

THATS IT IM OUT

The album's not bad in my mind.

Can't Tell Me Nothin is growing on me every time I listen to it, despite not really liking it that much at first.

My favorite tracks off the album are Everything I Am and Big Brother, and the rest is pretty forgettable. The album on a whole isn't that great, but it's got a few good tracks. I was actually surprised at how lame the track with T-Pain was. Honest to god T-Pain makes whole albums good through an appearance on one song.

He made From Nothin' To Somethin' by Fabolous hot with Baby Don't Go, and made the Real Testament by Plies hot with Shawty.

i cant really get with the idea of kanye watering down his style to have mass appeal. i thought kanyes style has always been watered down for that reason. hes totally on the fence between thug and consious, bling and backpack. which is kinda genuis considering he deosnt alienate anyone with his records. but to say he went further and dumbed down his content is kinda rediculous cause his content has never been heavy, maybe just heavy handed. i like the dudes music, hes capable of making good tracks and i think his second album was amazing while the first and third were both steaming logs of crap.

i like some of the lines, and think its a good album after you get down with it a few times. I got to say though, i wish he used his broken beat kinda Kanye nuts style lyric styles more in this one, there is only a few moments i feel like hes really "trying". lights and drunk hot girls are good tracks tho.

• 2 weeks later...

he did lost some of his classic great lyrics on this album but the ways in which he streached hte boundies of hip hop and is only continuing to do that makes this a classic. i wonder and flashing lights are the two strongest tracks but lyrically the best track is everthing i am what other artist can go from talking about what he wore on a giving day to talking about the rise in muders in chicago int he past 20 years...only kanye. plus hte line "cause everything im not makes me everything i am" is one of the best lines spit ever.