japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Guest jmatsu
When I was in Tokyo around St. Patty's day I ordered a pint of obligatory Guiness, it cost me $12 (US). That was the last non-Japanese beer I ordered.

unfortunately 1000yen+ is the going rate for guiness. where did you get it at?

Guest jmatsu
I loooove Kirin. All day everyday baby.

honestly out of japan i'd say that i drink sapporo or orion the most (for japbeer). kirin come next. kirin is way better then the westeren version of asahi.

Damn... they fast...

This video has been removed by the user.

Tragedy as it is, loosing father to cancer and brother to car accident, if she needs to mourn then do so. But it doesn't give her the right to be total anus towards her fans who came to see her.

Give it a year or so and I bet all the idols in Japan will be doing the "cold / bitchy" thing.

Bitchy is the new kawaii.

Guest jmatsu
Ahh the postcard and omiyage thing is perfect. Thanks J.

this girl is coming to honolulu for 2weeks. she is the younger sister of this girl i used to see. she's hotter. is it just wrong to bang her cause i already banged her older sister?

unfortunately 1000yen+ is the going rate for guiness. where did you get it at?

A pretty crappy "Irish" bar in what seemed to be a basement (it was sub-street level) in Roppongi.

But yeah, not too thrilled. When I pay $12 for a beer I expect to either be at a phenomenal strip club, or a lounge with a guy to girl ratio of 1:20.

Speaking of Japanese beers, I had a Heartland beer in a dark green bottle while I was in Takayama, and it was awesome.

chicken,

the term malt liquor can be confusing.

in some states, it has a legal definition of any alcoholic fermented beverage (using wheat, hops, barley, etc.) that has an alcohol content over a certain amount (i.e. 3.2%). so, this definition includes almost all regular beers. however, this is just a legal definition that is used by certain states.

however, the colloquial definition that most americans understand is an alcoholic fermented beverage that has an alcohol content over that of regular beer.

another thing is that the term malt liquor is pretty much worthless outside the united states. outside the u.s., they just call it all beer.

Yeah, I bought beers back to the hostel to drink with a couple local Japanese guys that were staying there and we started discussing beer. They politely explained that non-'malt' beers (which I bought) were kind of like the PBR/Natural Light's of Japan. As an american, I pretty much assumed at first that the beers labeled "malt" were the same sort of rotgut, overly strong, syrupy beers we categorize as malt this side of the pond (Colt 45, etc.)........

heartland is a pretty worthless place.

it's a place where japanese OL's go to meet up with rich visiting american finance dudes and djrajio

CFY

Guest jmatsu

it's a place where japanese OL's go to meet up with rich visiting american finance dudes. so, the scene is WHACK.

btw, asahi super-dry is one of the greatest beers ever invented. at least in my book.

i really don't hate heartland that much. just some of the people. it's fun to be a dick there.

yeah. the made in/bottled in japan asahi super dry is good. the westernized one is bad.

nahh manz, quids not super strong at moment, stronger than poop-dollar, but its dropped a tiny bit recently coz of northern rock.

but yo. 6quid for a pint o guiness is pretty fucking gay. i hope they drew a knob on top of it with the foam of something cool

t

Mine had Bape camo foam.

honestly out of japan i'd say that i drink sapporo or orion the most (for japbeer). kirin come next. kirin is way better then the westeren version of asahi.

hmm I haven't tried Sapporo on this side of the ocean, I'll have to try it next time I hit up the local Japanese market.

this girl is coming to honolulu for 2weeks. she is the younger sister of this girl i used to see. she's hotter. is it just wrong to bang her cause i already banged her older sister?

It's wrong only if the older sister finds out.

it's a place where japanese OL's go to meet up with rich visiting american finance dudes. so, the scene is WHACK.

btw, asahi super-dry is one of the greatest beers ever invented. at least in my book.

Say what you will about Heartland, but the owner of the bar is a true genius.

1) Buy property and setup bars in major financial / business centers where lots of foreigners can go to unwind.

2) Sell only Heartland beer to customers

3) Wait for the gold-digging bitches to come and rinse and repeat.

It's no secret that Heartland is located near Goldman Sachs and Lehman. The same owner opened PCM next to JP Morgan in Marunouchi. And also A971 Garden House in Midtown.

btw, asahi super-dry in Japan is one of the greatest beers ever invented. at least in my book.

fixed it for you.

Asahi anywhere else just tastes like generic brewery product.

i guess i never drank a good guinness then.
You're one up on me.

I've never been to Ireland.

The Guinness in Ireland is much "thicker," and pitch black.....drinking the first one is almost like eating a small meal; most countries have licenses with Guinness and brew it locally, only the wort extract actually comes from Ireland. The Irish are fucking insane when it comes to the pour; if they're super anal they have multiple requirements that they go over with the bartender before they even order one (not just the standard: pour 3/4 of the glass and wait). I've driven with friends past dozens of bars, 20 minutes out of town because a certain place "pours the best pint", not because of the bar's ambiance, or how they store their kegs for instance, etc. but literally, because of how they pour the beer. I imagine it's probably very similar in the UK as well, but goddamn is it nasty shit in the US. There are very few bars I'll order one at, and even if they pour it well, it just never tastes right....

I like this japanese beer called "Ebisu"? something like that. when i was last in Tokyo we got in to it. when you watch cowboy bee bop or some other animation, the can usaully looks like its the same, some fat laughing buddah on it, aside from that beer, i cant rep jp beer to hard.

as far as the black stuff go's i have had it in london, never ireland, but would think it kicks the ass out there!

just never order a black and tan in the islands, do yourself a favor.