japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

hahaha..

i heard import beer is really expensive in japan though :S a decent beer in a relatively trendy bar in uk is like.. 800-900yen? obviously you can get drinks offers and shit, but normally not that good beer, and bottles, so not much volume anyway.

ah.. is ther many places that have beer on tap/draught? or is that just the 'irish' or 'british' themed pubs n shit?

Guest jmatsu
hahaha..

i heard import beer is really expensive in japan though :S a decent beer in a relatively trendy bar in uk is like.. 800-900yen? obviously you can get drinks offers and shit, but normally not that good beer, and bottles, so not much volume anyway.

ah.. is ther many places that have beer on tap/draught? or is that just the 'irish' or 'british' themed pubs n shit?

yes, many places that serve fresh draft beer. what kind you like? and you can get some pretty tasty fish n chips. or in your case, just chips (i'll eat the fish for you).

hahaha... i dont mind japanese beers, sapporo and kirin, but, accross the board they seem to be pretty heavy on the carbonation..

i only ever tried saporo, saporo black, asahi super dry (silver), asahi black, kirin.. they are the only ones you can really get over here.. i had some other asahi bottle.. cant remember what it was, not happoshu or whatever though.. lol

Guest jmatsu
hahaha... i dont mind japanese beers, sapporo and kirin, but, accross the board they seem to be pretty heavy on the carbonation..

i only ever tried saporo, saporo black, asahi super dry (silver), asahi black, kirin.. they are the only ones you can really get over here.. i had some other asahi bottle.. cant remember what it was, not happoshu or whatever though.. lol

ebisu beer is good.

suntory malts is good.

asahi super dry made is canaduh sucks monkey dick.

So this hot 25 year old OL contacts me out of the blue via Mixi and after a couple weeks of e-mails she wants to meet me but I'm in Cali til Jan?! I dunno if I can sustain her interest until then...what to do....?!?!

529220677235fi2.jpg

Guest jmatsu
So this hot 25 year old OL contacts me out of the blue via Mixi and after a couple weeks of e-mails she wants to meet me but I'm in Cali til Jan?! I dunno if I can sustain her interest until then...what to do....?!?!

529220677235fi2.jpg

email her every other day. maybe call her a couple times before you go back.

send her some lame l.a. postcards. tell her you're gonna buy her some omiage or something.

email her every other day. maybe call her a couple times before you go back.

send her some lame l.a. postcards. tell her you're gonna buy her some omiage or something.

Ahh the postcard and omiyage thing is perfect. Thanks J.

Guest jmatsu
malts tastes like a skunked forty it's terrible. And the beer here is ridiculously expensive and they give you tiny glasses.

if you aint' BAR tokyo then don't talk to me no more.

malts tastes like a skunked forty it's terrible. And the beer here is ridiculously expensive and they give you tiny glasses.

where are you referring to?

domestic beer in tokyo is fucking cheap. if you are going to trendy hipster bars, then i guess not but at izakaya and regular restaurants, beer is cheap.

my father and i often drink zeitaku biyori happoshu.

i think that it tastes better than most happoshu and its caloric content is like 1/4th of a regular can of beer.

zeitaku biyori

SO GOOD%E8%B4%85%E6%B2%A2%E6%97%A5%E5%92%8C%E2%91%A0.jpg

i like this girls attitude. always pissed off. erika sawajiri

9CCik7vA_Ho

Damn... they fast...

This video has been removed by the user.

Tragedy as it is, loosing father to cancer and brother to car accident, if she needs to mourn then do so. But it doesn't give her the right to be total anus towards her fans who came to see her.

sure it does.

it makes her hot. I prefer this 1000000% to the stupid fake cute shit I've grown so goddamn tired of. Most Japanese female celebrities have the exact same public personality and differ only based on appearance, and even that isn't entirely different.

i forgot the exact definition but they use significantly less "hop"

the government adjusts the taxes based on the amount of hop = happoshu being less expensive than beer

personally, i'm not into dry beer or happoshu. still i'm willing to try zeitaku biyori herpsky posted.

but suntory malt is good.

this is a little off topic, but it was also quite a shocker when i found out singha was a malt liquor.

i used to think malt liquor and happoshu were the same thing, but i guess i was wrong. sounds like malt liquor is about the alcohol content and happoshu is about the malt content, like herp wrote. so i guess a beverage could be a malt liquor and a happoshu at the same time?

chicken,

the term malt liquor can be confusing.

in some states, it has a legal definition of any alcoholic fermented beverage (using wheat, hops, barley, etc.) that has an alcohol content over a certain amount (i.e. 3.2%). so, this definition includes almost all regular beers. however, this is just a legal definition that is used by certain states.

however, the colloquial definition that most americans understand is an alcoholic fermented beverage that has an alcohol content over that of regular beer.

another thing is that the term malt liquor is pretty much worthless outside the united states. outside the u.s., they just call it all beer.

yeh herp is right.

its a taxing thing. i heard they brought it out a few years ago at christmas and everyone was really chuffed.

also, coincedently, my missus pops is always telling me to come to gunma and drink suntory malts with him.. haha,. he too said it was one of his favourites... homeboy gets battered every day i swear.

its funny though that malt content doesnt equal alchohol content. why didnt they just tax by volume or alco content?

sly loophole

i havent seen a whole lot of restaurants serving ebisu

i like most of the popular domestic beers as long as they are on tap

EXCEPT asahi superdry

i think kirin beer is more bitter than asahi beer

hahaha..

When I was in Tokyo around St. Patty's day I ordered a pint of obligatory Guiness, it cost me $12 (US). That was the last non-Japanese beer I ordered.