japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

when i went to Ageha in January, i noticed something odd about the people on the dance floor. this was my first time clubbing in japan and i've never seen this before in a club. on the main dance floor, everyone was pretty much dancing in straight lines and facing the dj that was on the stage. no couples dancing together. everyone was lined up and staring at the stage while dancing. i only saw couples dancing on the outside dance floor by the pool where they were playing hip-hop. the dj on the main dance floor was playing house/electro. is that "line dancing" normal?

Guest jmatsu
^^ Depends on the club.

J, if she be from Kansai, she probably be down for some fun.

Bring her back to your place for some *Wii golf.

raj,

i have some really fucking funny pics i will pm. 4p crazy shit!!

Guest jmatsu
yo who's the scary looking model on robi's store's blog?

the rapist in the RO trainers.

i didn't think he'd be good for that, but nonetheless he is a good friend of mine. hairstylist from afloat salon.

oic.

yo, I decided not to kopp that much from the Atelier sale, so I'll be browsing that blog for updates on products. 'specially the Lad Musician stuff. Will let you know.

what's this blog?

PM the link puhlez

Guest jmatsu
what's this blog?

PM the link puhlez

robi works at my friend's shop...

mixmixllc.blogspot.com

let me know if you want something...i get more discount.

Yo, I have those jawns. Definitely kopp. Best fitting jeans I've ever owned.

yeah, I'd say its pretty prevalent. 'specially at house events. at womb everyone just worships the light show, and at yellow and warehouse there's often a lot of line dancing too.

ugh. FUCK womb.

yeah, I'd say its pretty prevalent. 'specially at house events. at womb everyone just worships the light show

wakatta. i'll try to avoid house venues when i go clubbing next time. i'd rather be grinding against bitches than standing in line with them.

ugh. FUCK womb.

WTF? Where did this come from? Womb is pretty great. Not all clubs are about macking on bitches and grinding-ass. Sometimes people just wanna dance and have a good time. Sure, it might be expensive, but I've always enjoyed myself everytime I went there.

WTF? Where did this come from? Womb is pretty great. Not all clubs are about macking on bitches and grinding-ass. Sometimes people just wanna dance and have a good time. Sure, it might be expensive, but I've always enjoyed myself everytime I went there.

Two weeks ago they shut the whole place down at like 2 AM, just flipped on the lights and told everyone to get out. Still don't know why, but some people said the keisatsu raided the place because someone had been smoking weed on the dancefloor. Don't know if thats why, but its enough to make you hate the place.

A good group of us hid out upstairs on some anne frank type shit and the dj came up there and played a solid, private set. Don't remember who it was, but would've been pissed if I had to leave with everyone else since I had only just gotten there.

It's a long story, but I was in a pretty bad mood when I went.

yeah, I'd say its pretty prevalent. 'specially at house events. at womb everyone just worships the light show, and at yellow and warehouse there's often a lot of line dancing too.

i enjoyed that line dancing ... everyone else seemed to be into the music, good environment to party in. Better than the posturing that goes on too often at clubs around here

really depends... i know halvsies who miss Japan each time they come back here

(france) and others who can't stand being treated as a stranger (even those who are not fluent in jap) or being called "haaafu" or gaijn for some. Some of them really hate Japan and i know a strange one who is learning Chinese rather than Japanese... very odd guy though.

my parents always buy shit from IDC otsuka kagu.

if you are ballin, you can buy your shit from those furniture stores on meguro-dori

or cibone, cassina, hhstyle on cat street, and etc

my parents always buy shit from IDC otsuka kagu.

if you are ballin, you can buy your shit from those furniture stores on meguro-dori

or cibone, cassina, hhstyle on cat street, and etc

Cibone isn't that expensive.

I had a Cibone leather couch.

Still need to get that back from my ex-ex-gf.

Cassina is B.A.L.L.A. S.T.A.T.U.S.

I am Visiting my folks in Japan soon, I am looking for some good B-kyuu food around Ichigaya. I plan on having enough time to travel to various parts of tokyo but it will be great to have places to go eat within reasonable walking distance.

I've used guru-nabi but it is still pretty hard to come up with definite-must destinations. Also if someone can point me to a good monja spot that is on par with the good spots from Tsukishima (my parents used to live there and it is pretty amazing to see that some places can fuck shit up so badly - I used to think they're all the same), that will be much appreciated.

Thanks folks

I'm going to be in Tokyo this summer for school/vacation...last summer I visited Tokyo, but spent most of my time in Kansai/Nasushiobara visiting friends and family.

Outside of the general shopping stuff I can look up myself, do you Tokyo guys have any specific advice (for a college student) pertaining to Shinagawa, Akasaka, and the Nishikasai station area (all places im going to be staying)? I'd like to go to some places that are more popular with people my age and not foreigner/post-op-dominated like Roppongi GasPanic and Motown (yikes).

Thanks for the help.

Same here, I'll be in Tokyo, from mid June to July and want to know where I can get my drink and two step on with shorties my age (I'm 21)