japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Were you working at the same bank when you went out with her?

If yeah, she's stalking you and wants another round.

Certainly not. She used to work for Merrill.

I haven't seen her in half a year.

But fuck this shit man.

I seriously need to find another job.

Also, Conqueror, why don't you just ask your work placement to help you out with accommodation? I'm sure they should be able to help find you something.

i don't have any 'work placement', i'm just gonna go over and hope to get some casual english teaching job. obv i will look for stuff too closer to when i go tho. GP seems pretty useful, i'll keep looking on there.

I just ran into my ex-ex-gf in the trading floor of my bank.

She's a sales-trader in Equities now.

What. The. Fuck.

My life is a fucking drama.

pass that jawn this way

k thanks bye

So I haven't talked to my ex-gf since she pissed the fuck outta me a good month ago, being super disrespectful and generally being a bitch. She just e-mailed me with this weird bullshit...

先月ラジとセックスしてから、性器がかゆくて、病気になったの。今はなおしたけど、ラジが他の人からうつされたものだと思うんだけど…どう?かゆくなかった?

You wanted this?

Wouldn't it be easier for you to go to a soap instead of screwing with rajio's fuck-me-downs?

soap lands are for dudes like soundune

haha no fckn shit raj ( i feel mad gay if i call you raji), i had a fb who did that to me after i dropped her

now i scrub my dick extra hard in the shower.

who the hell are you?

I just ran into my ex-ex-gf in the trading floor of my bank.

She's a sales-trader in Equities now.

What. The. Fuck.

My life is a fucking drama.

From MSN Dating and Personals

print.gif Keep bumping into your ex?

By Catie Lazarus

Still groggy from just waking up, I opened the door to my neighborhood coffee shop eager for my morning shot of caffeine. In a daze, I tripped over a backpack lying on the floor. Embarrassed over my fall, I quipped, “You’d think ballet lessons would pay off and I wouldn’t be so klutzy…†but stopped when I realized who owned the backpack: My ex-boyfriend, Josiah.

What was he doing here? I wondered, before cutting into him with a scathing comment that characterized most of our conversations near the end of the relationship six months ago: “Why do you always leave your stuff on the ground for someone to step on?â€

“Sorry, you know how messy I am. We did live together,†was Josiah’s reply. “What are you doing here?†[$MSN.ARTICLE.CTALINKS$] “This is where I go every morning,†I responded—and it’s true; I was a regular at the coffee shop and loved the place. Even so, the sight of my ex there prompted me to order my coffee and bolt before he could see me cry. I wasn’t “ready†to see Josiah. But since he and I lived so close to each other, I knew that a few post-breakup bump-ins were inevitable. So the question was: How should I deal with this—without lots of tears?

Luckily many ex-couples who’ve faced the same problem have developed strategies to reduce the probability of a run-in—or, at least, the pain and embarrassment they bring. If you fear someday finding yourself face-to-face with an old flame, try one of these tactics for getting over it—and getting on with your life.

Strategy 1: Divvy up the territory

When ex-couples can't stand the possibility of running into each other, there is a way they can guarantee that won’t happen: By dividing up the neighborhood—a two-state solution, so to speak. That may sound extreme, but it worked wonders for Sam, a 37-year-old magazine publisher, and Sarah, a 31-year-old technology consultant. After three years of living together, they endured three months of uncomfortable run-ins at the deli, movies and gym in their hometown of Palo Alto. Finally Sarah, fed up, suggested they draw a map. "We listed our top five favorite spots where we wanted to go—and the other person couldn’t,†she recalled. Suddenly, the awkward encounters disappeared. “In seven months, she's never spotted me,†says Sam. But isn’t it hard to avoid certain places purely because your ex requested it? "I sneak into Mike's Cafe, but only if it's during the day because I know Sarah's at work.â€

Strategy 2: Look your best when you go somewhere your ex might be

When Ashley, a 29-year-old publicist in Washington, D.C., broke up with Christian after seven months together, bump-ins were largely unavoidable since there was only one grocery store in a 30-block radius. Since she didn’t want Christian to see how much the breakup had rattled her, she came up with a plan: For the first two months, she simply refused to leave the house without looking amazing. "I may have been hurting inside, but there was no way I was going to let Christian see that,†she explained. If wearing a sexy sliver of a top to get your milk and eggs makes you feel better, just remember to bring a shawl because it can get cold in the frozen food section.

Strategy 3: Surround yourself with moral support

Jim, a 27-year-old newspaper editor, was in an especially tough bind, since his ex, Stacy, ran in the same social circles and often showed up at the same parties and restaurants. To stave off feelings of inadequacy, Jim made sure he always showed up with close friends at places he might run into her. He even made brunch dates on the weekends when he’d usually just go alone with the newspaper, as, Jim worried, “she might be there with another guy or something weird.†His tactic helped him, he says, “since nothing’s worse than facing the ‘enemy’ alone.†This way, you look like you have a healthy social life, and are reminded of the fact that you’re not only capable of being in relationships, you have many meaningful ones already.

Strategy 4: Find new stomping grounds

Meghan, a 33-year-old Ph.D. student, loved hanging out at the bar where her 30-year-old beau waited tables. But when their relationship came to an end, she refused to, in her words, “set herself up for an uncomfortable situation.†So she bid adieu to the margaritas she and her friends had grown to love. Sure it’s a bummer, but by cutting out the possibility of seeing your ex, it’s easier to invest more in the present and future without feeling stuck in the past. Plus, it also opens you up to discovering new experiences that can be a healthy distraction during times when you’re tempted to sit on your couch and wallow. After her breakup, Alison, a 28-year-old law student, took up yoga, a book club, and threw herself into her work, knowing that the quickest way to move on is to invest herself in “new things that were about growing up and moving on.†And who knows? The new haunts you find may expose you to a whole array of new people too—maybe even a new relationship.

Catie Lazarus is a comedian. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, Time Out New York, The Forward, and Nerve. She can be reached at her website, lazarusrising.com.

someone find me a new job so i can not sleep in the office and make it to homo meetups

participated in a footsal game today

i used to make fun of that shit, but it was quite the fun times

FIND ME A MUTHA-FUCKEN JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB.

damn good luck just got a new job my self luckily in this weak market .

dang, not tryin to educate u niggaz.. but u gotta bring ur game to the next level... gotta earn money when the market is down and make money when it be up.. just timing and insider talkz..which i think u guys shud hv access to..

Hmm, Im sure theres good info in this thread but I really dont want to go thru 146 pages.

I'll be in Karuizawa,Kusatu and tokyo(Shinjuku area) for a couple of nights

I need eating recommendations(sushi,ramen,curry... anything), prefably the good stuff that hasent been raped by tourists

If anyone has recommendations please PM me or reply here, will rep, thanks!

Matsuzawa Yasuhide feels the bare buttocks of a young female standing in front of him. His hands are deft and purposeful, moving in circles on her cheeks, pausing, squeezing and administering sharp pats. A short dialogue ensues, after which the girl nods earnestly, thanks Matsuzawa and pays him two hundred yen for his efforts.

A sign on the wall behind Matsuzawa describes him as an oshiri kanteishi, a “buttocks appraiser,†possibly the first in Japan to hold the title. He rents a corner area of an all-women’s health spa in Tokyo’s Shinjuku district and, for six hours a day, sits on a stool and attends to a steady stream of women who seek his opinion regarding the condition of their posteriors.

He earns a good living and, as word of his expertise spreads and his clientele continues to blossom, he expects to move into his own space within a year.

But Matsuzawa, whose current lifestyle is one which many men would call ideal, has not always been rewarded kindly for his handiwork.

A year ago, he was just another of Japan’s famed train perverts, stealing handfuls of female derriere and shamefully enduring glares, slaps to the face and shouts of “Chikan!†in return – not to mention more than a few times nearly being collared by police or vigilante train passengers.

“I’m obsessed with buttocks,†he says. “Ever since I can remember, I look carefully at the buttocks of every woman I see, and when the buttocks are nice and shapely – it is difficult to explain – I experience an overwhelming urge to touch them. It’s a force of nature which is too powerful for me to resist. I mean no harm by it. I have always seen it as a sincere expression of appreciation, but unfortunately women have not understood it that way.†Until now.

In fact, last week, one satisfied customer returned three months after her first consultation with the “buttocks appraiser†to personally thank him for his help. She told him that the number of men who approached her – not random people on the street but acquaintances and coworkers who had seemingly not noticed her before – had exploded since she followed his advice to wear tighter pants.

“I have rather large, round buttocks,†she says, “and I had always been told by my girl friends that only women with very small buttocks should wear form-fitting clothes. But Mr. Matsuzawa taught me that from the male perspective, this is a myth. He said it is the case that tight pants should only be worn by women with full bottoms and that quite small or flat bottoms in tight pants are not really a turn-on. Judging by the amount of attention I receive compared to before – men in my office who never spoke to me now go out of their way to make small conversation with me – I think he is right.â€

As four women wait patiently in line, Matsuzawa begins to appraise new a set of buttocks.

He asks the customer a few background questions about her self-image, her daily routine and diet, and what type of man she generally wishes to attract.

Not only does Matsuzawa glean valuable information from the women’s answers, which he will use to offer pertinent advice, but it also helps set them at ease, as excessive nervousness or giggling causes their buttocks to be unnaturally taught or misshapen.

Clothing is optional during the consultation. Some women choose to remain fully clothed, while others will strip down to their underwear or go nude. Matsuzawa advises them that the less interference there is, the more accurate his advice will be.

He will ask a customer to walk around a bit, to bend, squat or stretch upwards on their tip-toes, before moving on to the physical stage.

He then feels his way around the buttocks until he is satisfied that he can offer a comprehensive critique of her rear end, usually in the form of a comparison with an everyday object or food item: Japanese cushions (zabuton), a peach, tofu. The designation depends on shape, size and texture.

The final stage is to offer advice to the woman. If her rump is too big or too soft, he may suggest that she decrease the number of hours she spends sitting at work, or that she make it a point to walk a few more kilometers each day to firm it up. If she is too small or too firm, he may suggest she include more fatty foods in her diet.

“Many women think, incorrectly, that firmness is always a plus,†says Matsuzawa. “They are surprised when I tell them that many men like a little fat on the backside, which they feel they could use as a pillow…to fall asleep on and dream of wonderful things.â€

Matsuzawa has decided that his present customer possesses daifuku buttocks. Daifuku is a Japanese rice cake stuffed with sweet bean paste.

He explains that for many men this is an ideal buttocks, with the hard, sculpted muscles inside (the sweet bean paste) covered by a thin layer of fat (pounded rice, or mocha).

The customer admits that she often catches men gazing at her posterior. Matsuzawa tells her that he personally would not suggest that she take any special action, as long as she is able to maintain her divine form.

Not all women can be dealt with so easily. Indeed, when Matsuzawa is asked what makes him think he is any more qualified than other men to hold the oshiri kanteishi title, he cites his diplomatic skills as strong point.

“Women can be very sensitive to remarks about their backsides, and most of the time, a man will simply tell a woman what he thinks she wants to hear, which is not always his honest opinion. It is my job, however, to speak from an objective male perspective, and sometimes negatives must be voiced. The trick is to deliver it in such a way as to encourage the customer, not to make her self-conscious or go and eat four boxes of chocolate out of hopelessness.â€

The lowest rated buttocks, says Matsuzawa, are what he calls the osembe variety: flat, round and hard.

In addition to his interpersonal skills, Matsuzawa also cites his vast experience – he estimates that he has felt more than 1,800 buttocks over the years, mostly in public and uninvited – and his sheer enthusiasm for the subject matter, as giving him superior credentials for the position.

He says he awaits the day such work becomes regulated and he can apply for licensure, if not teach the licensure classes himself.

He also remarks that women have occasionally asked for his opinion on other body parts as well, such as their breasts, stomach or feet, but Matsuzawa declines. He reasons that other men are no doubt more instinctively inclined to be experts on those features.

“I am a simple man,†says Matsuzawa. “I know butts, and that is enough for me.â€